News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TT & Willo

Author Topic: TT & Willo  (Read 3942 times)

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
TT & Willo
« on: November 30, 2019, 10:18:29 PM »

Two players who, at different times, have come in for a bit of stick - both were immense today (as were everyone) and deserve the plaudits. I've always rated TT and am pleased to see him showing what a good keeper he is on his day. I hold my hands up and say I have never really been a fan of Williams since he rejoined us, didn't think he suited our style , but in recent games he has been excellent and I now get why PP rates and plays him.

I coudn't get there today because of other commitments earlier this evening so I too became a virtual resident of the US and watched on ESPN+ - excellent coverage.

PP is always one for taking the positives from any game and after the immense disappointment we all feel now, there is so much to build on going forward now. The Cheshire Senior cup game is probably the best thing to get the deflation out of our system (though I expect it will be a much changed team) and I hope we can carry the momentum of the good run into the busy month ahead.

Paul

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
Re: TT & Willo
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 11:20:59 PM »

I agree,  I don't get to many games living down south but that is the best game I've seen williams play for us by a million miles, I thought he was brilliant today

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 11:40:23 PM »

I agree,  I don't get to many games living down south but that is the best game I've seen williams play for us by a million miles, I thought he was brilliant today

I was very surprised when he was subbed.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 12:24:49 AM »

I thought when he was subbed we were already looking at a replay. I liked him before he went to Warrington and its a credit to him that Ringo can't get a start.

TT hoofed a couple of balls in to the stands but apart from that had a great game and made some cracking saves.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 07:42:05 AM »

agreed with this and can i add in Tom Peers he was all over the pitch tackling and winning the ball
Harold

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 11:40:23 AM »

Other than 1 horrible kick that put us under pressure (really pressure not just giving the ball away).

Thats up there with one of the best goalkeeping displays I've seen at this club
It's all my fault.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 12:07:12 PM »

Portsmouth fans were saying to me after the game wish we could have your goalkeeper,he is far better than any of ours
Harold

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 08:55:54 PM »

Agree TT and Willo both brilliant yesterday - TT pulled of saves that would have graced the premiership and Sean played his best game for Alty yesterday - classic midfield playmaker who ran the game for periods yesterday.  But to be fair every single one of them brought their best game and were individually and collectively outstanding - no exceptions and little mistakes in the heat and intensity of an incredibly exciting match don't matter to me and are not what the game should be remembered for. 

The number of forced and unforced errors from a side 3 leagues above us was horrendous and in comparison we looked like the disciplined, organised professionals. Lot in admiration for the players and I hope they aren't too despondent today, because every one of them was immense yesterday . When I think of some of the chancers and journeymen who have pulled on the Alty shirt in recent years just to draw a wage and compare them to the passion, steel, bite, fight and skill on display yesterday - our lads have nothing whatsoever to reproach themselves for because they all bled for the club yesterday just like they did at Chorley - and that makes this one of the all time best Alty teams in my estimation
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TT & Willo