News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The importance of kit...

Author Topic: The importance of kit...  (Read 5043 times)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The importance of kit...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 12:21:58 PM »

I think I have asked before but don't remember getting an answer. What would it cost to replace the current grey kit with a new one, say all yellow with red/white sash?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 02:14:45 PM »

I think I have asked before but don't remember getting an answer. What would it cost to replace the current grey kit with a new one, say all yellow with red/white sash?

Yeah, I've asked this a couple of times.

I think the template is really nice - one of the best we've had - it's just the wrong dominant colour.  It just needs washing with yellow, surely.

Literally the same as the one-off kit, but I think a nod to the traditional red and white in the sash would be even better (and wouldn't create any clashes).

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 02:24:11 PM »

Cost of kit is kind of irrelevant, as kit supplier, I’d probably supply FOC. The issue is 100 plus replica shirts sold as “away shirt” and 5 x Junior teams having the kit as their away kit as well. What do you tell them? Besides that, GREY is a very popular choice of “neutral” away kit, see how many use it in Premiership and Football League. If you think logically, what would be the worst kit to wear at home games, given the volume of red/white garments in a crowd, along with red/white paint everywhere. Hope that answers a few critics.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 03:19:09 PM »

Cost of kit is kind of irrelevant, as kit supplier, I’d probably supply FOC. The issue is 100 plus replica shirts sold as “away shirt” and 5 x Junior teams having the kit as their away kit as well. What do you tell them? Besides that, GREY is a very popular choice of “neutral” away kit, see how many use it in Premiership and Football League. If you think logically, what would be the worst kit to wear at home games, given the volume of red/white garments in a crowd, along with red/white paint everywhere. Hope that answers a few critics.

As a replica shirt it looks nice - and would probably become a collector's item  :P

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 06:03:12 PM »

All black away kits there are loads but none grey like ours. Could take the numbers off and have a grey warm up top

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 06:10:16 PM »

......... Besides that, GREY is a very popular choice of “neutral” away kit, see how many use it in Premiership and Football League..........
I think that just proves that you don’t have to be in the National League North to get it wrong. But you can be in the National League North to lead the way..........as in the LGBT shirts.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 06:16:56 PM by Nom de plume »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 07:42:29 PM »

Other than Norwichs third kit, which premier League club currently play in grey?

Lots of black about 1 grey out of circa 60 options
It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 09:25:32 PM »

Leicester City used their grey kit to demolish Aston Villa on Sunday

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 09:36:27 PM »

I was going to propose that everyone who hates the kit can blob up something towards replacing the grey one with a yellow one. How many people would need to put a tenner to make it happen?

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2019, 08:36:04 AM »

For me it's not about like it dislike. I can't see it properly!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2019, 12:15:21 PM »

I agree I like the look of the kit but just the wrong colour.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2019, 02:37:05 PM »

For me it's not about like it dislike. I can't see it properly!

You are not alone. For most of the second half at Kidderminster I had no idea what we were doing on the far side of the pitch (though admittedly it didn't seem to be anything significant).
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The importance of kit...