PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster Harriers : match thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kidderminster Harriers : match thread  (Read 8052 times)

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster Harriers : match thread
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2019, 07:42:46 PM »

Perhaps Lewis Walters will have a part to play? Thought he looked good at Chester in August but then he quickly got farmed out on loan

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2019, 07:45:44 AM »

Ethan Walker can go back to Preston now for me. Doesn't play with the energy and fizz required to be in this team. I said it the other day, get Lewis Walters back from Trafford, or at least tell us the reason he is staying farmed out. You could tell how frustrated Jordan was by how deep he kept coming for the ball. Trouble is he can't be in to places at once and pass it to himself. We are missing a fit Connor Hampson too.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2019, 08:35:21 AM »

Walters has still to serve two games of his three match ban, and his loan is up on January 18th. Maybe we'll see him then.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2019, 08:45:28 AM »

First half was a poor as the summer recruitment.

Concerned about how well the FA Cup money will be spent if all we can manage to attract is for a kid from Preston.
It's all my fault.

LymmRobin

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2019, 10:56:53 AM »

Ethan Walker can go back to Preston now for me. Doesn't play with the energy and fizz required to be in this team. I said it the other day, get Lewis Walters back from Trafford, or at least tell us the reason he is staying farmed out. You could tell how frustrated Jordan was by how deep he kept coming for the ball. Trouble is he can't be in to places at once and pass it to himself. We are missing a fit Connor Hampson too.
It was obvious after 10 minutes that Ethan was out of his depth on Saturday. He pulled out of tackles and made their number 2 look good. No idea why Parky didn't sub him until late on in the 2nd half. Wall's first contribution was a corner that led to our goal.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2019, 11:09:32 AM »

There is a decent player in Walker, he is full of energy and gets back. Not sure who you have been watching. Has a lot more energy and fizz than Wall without doubt.

Who would Hampson play instead of because Densmore has been immense and White is having an excellent season?

Always going to be a lot weaker team losing Hemmings, who's ball retention was the next level, Ceesay who on his day can beat any fullback in the league and JJ who gets behind teams.

Defo a few players short.

Centre mid to push Williams.

A winger on the level on Ceesay or someone like Rivers but not sure if can get someone part time at that standard.

Striker/ No.10.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 11:15:14 AM by oneedham »

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2019, 11:17:09 AM »

I still personally feel we should give Ethan a chance, this league and playing system is probrably totally different from what he is used to in the U 18's and U 23's at Preston. Let's see what happens when JJ is back in the team as I think together they may be quite formidable.

Thought your message, though I understand where you are coming from, was a little harsh on a very young but enthusiastic player.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2019, 11:25:43 AM »

I still personally feel we should give Ethan a chance, this league and playing system is probrably totally different from what he is used to in the U 18's and U 23's at Preston. Let's see what happens when JJ is back in the team as I think together they may be quite formidable.

Thought your message, though I understand where you are coming from, was a little harsh on a very young but enthusiastic player.

100% agree.

Owen Dale took some games to get going. Even had to work his way into the starting 11.

He reminds me of Dale. I think we will be a different team with JJ back.

There seems to be a pattern of when we have lost one of the decent wide players Dale, Hemmings, Ceesay and now JJ we are much weaker.

As my bro said last season a player like Ceesay is a difference between making us a mid table to playoff team.

Any news of JJ? I know it is a hamstring....

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2019, 11:48:15 AM »

Not sure re JJ's return, but missing watching him; can the club give us any idea of when he may be back?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2019, 01:02:11 PM »

I'm sure Ethan will develop into a very good player, but we need someone that can do it now, not in six months time.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2019, 01:10:32 PM »

I was unconvinced by Ceesay at first but he just needed time to fit in. Hopefully it will be the same with Ethan. He doesn't need to score, just carry the ball and get it over to the centre. He does need to pick up his man better though.

Let's see what happens over Christmas.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2019, 02:49:45 PM »

With all due respect to Preston were not here to get their kids up to speed, if he's not up to scratch he either shouldn't be here or he should be working hard to get in ahead of our other players who can at least tackle.

It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2019, 03:33:53 PM »

I've been impressed by Ethan's pace, and the ball he played to Hulme against Farsley shows what he's capable of. In JJ's absence I'd start Wall and use Ethan off the bench. He needs to work on the physical side of his game (he's big enough to punch his weight) and once he gains confidence I believe he'll be a real asset.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2019, 10:06:02 PM »

Walker looks like he will be a very good player, clearly got a footballing brain and good feet. He's clearly not a straight replacement for Johnson though. Big ask for any 17 year old to fill those boots.
Full time and proud of it

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2019, 11:10:57 PM »

There is a decent player in Walker, he is full of energy and gets back. Not sure who you have been watching. Has a lot more energy and fizz than Wall without doubt.

I agree he has potential, but we need results now.

Watch the video, they nearly score early on and then do score, both times Walker doesnt pick up their No 2 doesnt stop the cross, PP wasnt happy, but he did improve.
Wall for me with walker off the bench.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster Harriers : match thread