PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What's going to happen in the league?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What's going to happen in the league?  (Read 9626 times)

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: What's going to happen in the league?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2020, 08:08:35 AM »

So after NYD we are up to 12th. That looks like a pretty good return over the holidays. How do folks feel now about the end of season placing?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2020, 09:15:24 AM »

I don't like to predict, however, if we can keep the players fit, then I don't see why we cannot reach the playoffs. The league is very average this season in my opinion.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2020, 09:31:32 AM »

At least four points from the games in hand and we'll be right back in it. We had a poor start to the season by our standards but we are as good as most that are at the top end. Brackley seem to be scoring for fun though.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2020, 09:40:26 AM »

Kings Lynn are proving themselves genuine title contenders, however I stand by my belief that York will.go up. Quite feasible that both these clubs will.

We will fall just shortly playoffs - our inconsistency and lack of away wins will take their toll.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2020, 09:40:31 AM »

We're certainly good enough to make the playoffs, and there isn't a team in this league that we should fear. The one team I would nonetheless prefer to avoid are Brackley.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2020, 09:59:41 AM »

I had good money on York but have cashed out to avoid loss. KL are horrible, but easily the best team I've seen. Like others have said, play offs if we avoid serious injuries and find a way of beating the BPAs of this world.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2020, 05:43:42 PM »

Southport fans on their forum (Portchat) earlier today:-

"King's Lynn, Chester, York and Altrincham will be the top four come the final whistle, in whatever order".

"I think we’ve played everyone once plus Chester (3rd) and ‘struggling’ Alty (who’ll be 3rd if they win their games in hand) twice"

Our rivals are beginning to look over their shoulder and quite rightly so.  I believe that we will make at least 5th place.  We are currently top of the home form table and 3rd overall.  We just need to moderate our away form (starting tomorrow at Leamington.

I will be there with my lad.

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2020, 05:07:17 PM »

20 game unbeaten run starting today and into the playoffs  ::)

Well 2 unbeaten 4 points out of 6

Let's keep climbing

Let's make that 3 unbeaten along with 2 clean sheets up the NLN we go

13 Points taken out of a possible 15.
 No Arguments  over that Great opportunity Tuesday Night to go 9th on Goal Difference which will put only 1 point away from a paly off place.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2020, 05:45:31 PM »

"King's Lynn, Chester, York and Altrincham will be the top four come the final whistle, in whatever order".

"I think we’ve played everyone once plus Chester (3rd) and ‘struggling’ Alty (who’ll be 3rd if they win their games in hand) twice"

Our rivals are beginning to look over their shoulder and quite rightly so.  I believe that we will make at least 5th place.  We are currently top of the home form table and 3rd overall.  We just need to moderate our away form (starting tomorrow at Leamington.

The four quoted, Brackley, Boston and one other wildcard will make the top 7 I reckon - but long way to go yet.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2020, 06:25:32 PM »

Our rivals are beginning to look over their shoulder and quite rightly so.  I believe that we will make at least 5th place.  We are currently top of the home form table and 3rd overall.  We just need to moderate our away form (starting tomorrow at Leamington.

The four quoted, Brackley, Boston and one other wildcard will make the top 7 I reckon - but long way to go yet.

Agreed possibly Gateshead Spenny or Darlo . Top two is probably a bridge too far but finishing third or fourth bar injuries could be achieveable.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 06:27:26 PM by Timperley The Best »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2020, 06:02:21 PM »

So.... we're now in the playoff places at 6th. If we win at Spennymoor (if Kettering can, then we should !) and Boston fail to win at home to Gateshead, we'd be 5th on Tuesday night.

At that point, nobody below us could catch us IF we continue to win most of our games. It would leave us only 4 points behind Chester on level games.

4th place should now be our realistic target as we'd need to perform massively to catch Kings Lynn or York, while Brackley haven't lost in the league for 3 months, and have a goal difference of +31, so to catch them would be some achievement - I still think they could catch York.

Kings Lynn are in a strong position, but have a small squad, and interest from EFL clubs in Adam Marriott could yet stymie them.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2020, 06:24:52 PM »

I would say 3rd is possible but we would need to stay clear of injuries and suspensions

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2020, 10:56:43 PM »

Absolutely incredible transformation - 18th to 6th in about 3 weeks.

Well done to the players and coaching staff - some of the football we are playing is as good as anything I have seen from an Alty team in a long, long time - and these players have heart and fight in them as well. 

As for predictions - I would rather take one game at a time - Spennymoor away on a January Tuesday night is going to be a tough, tough game.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2020, 01:38:53 PM »

We are defending better for sure. At the other end, we're creating tonnes of chances, but compared to our rivals, we are scoring less. In my opinion, we're a striking option short of where we want to be. I don't know the situation with Ceesay, but he'd certainly fit the bill if fit.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What's going to happen in the league?