PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southport Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Southport Match Thread  (Read 11476 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Southport Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2019, 05:57:46 PM »

For 20 minutes or so I was convinced we would lose. Southport pressed us high up the field, and to lose Williams and White pointed to a very difficult afternoon. We ended the half strongly though, and once JJ scored the likely winner of Goal of the Season we were always going to win.

Harrop was booked for what looked a fair challenge, and I assume he was pulled to avoid a second yellow. He was becoming increasingly influential and it was a pity he had to come off.

Although there were obvious reasons for JJ to be MOM, I'd have given it to Hulme, who terrorised both their centre backs, worked his socks off for the whole match, and created so much space for his team mates. His best performance of the season for me.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2019, 06:32:55 PM »

Best I've seen us this season. Full credit to all especially the subs who excellent. Very hard to pick a mom, but Hulme was magnificent.

Heard Williams went to A&E with a suspected broken bone in his foot.

They were utter sh*t and should be kicked out of football along with Watson.
Full time and proud of it

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2019, 06:45:35 PM »

'Sorry to sound like a stuck record but we seemed to get forward much more effectively with Richman and Hampson on for Williams and White'...................yes, agree with that.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2019, 07:39:42 PM »

Good all round performance especially  in the second  half. If  JJ is first choice on the  left I'm not sure Max is the answer on the right although he did well today.Lets hope Willlo is back soon .

Matt_Parker

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2019, 07:47:26 PM »

What a great result could of been a lot more. Nice to have a win after Thursday's game. Last game of the year/decade and to win is great. Let's go on a run now!! :D

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2019, 08:23:36 PM »

Best I've seen us this season. Full credit to all especially the subs who excellent. Very hard to pick a mom, but Hulme was magnificent.

Heard Williams went to A&E with a suspected broken bone in his foot.

They were utter sh*t and should be kicked out of football along with Watson.
Jordan hulme was exceptional today . Very unlucky not to be MOM
Come on you red and white........

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2019, 08:29:56 PM »

They were a step up from Curzon, but I described them as bobbins. Southport were simply rubbish.

I think Max talked himself into a yellow card.

If they get into the playoffs then the league is desperate.

Check my pre match thoughts... Alty capable of a three nil win today and a splat at home to Curzon.I

I thought that there away support was poor too.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 08:46:33 PM by Back Roads »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2019, 09:03:11 PM »

I have been informed that Southport are no longer full-time, which came as a bit of a surprise to me.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2019, 10:18:09 PM »

I have been informed that Southport are no longer full-time, which came as a bit of a surprise to me.

News to me, but not surprised after today’s performance.
Looks like they have given up

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2019, 10:24:48 PM »

Jordan was terrific today. Last season he would have retaliated and got at least a yellow. So many good performances today.

Hopefully we can take Curzon apart on Wednesday and then we'll be playoff contenders again.

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2019, 10:42:19 PM »

Brilliant performance today - best league performance this season in my view. 

Glad people are recognising just how exceptionally Hulme played today - he is just different class, and I have been saying for some time he could play at league 1 level or above and be successful. He has curbed his temper but not his competitive edge and he holds the ball up and distributes as well as any striker we have ever had.

Simon Richman had a great game when he came on for willo - his injury is a real worry he has been our playmaker of late - and JJ's goals were excellent and will do his confidence the world of good.

Its fair enough to dismiss Southport as one dimensional, limited, not at the races etc - but don't under-estimate how good we were - we made them look poor because we played sublime, positive, aggressive football - the 10 minute spell in the first half started by Hancock's screamer was just a joy to watch - how we didn't score I don't know.

The attendance - 1519 - 175 in away end - was excellent as well. if we can get crowds that size when we are 17th in Conf North, it bodes well for when we hit a successful streak - the potential support is as high as it has been since the 1960s.

Only slight concern - to have 250 plus fans still queuing to get in the Golf Road at 3pm because we only had 2 gates turnstiles is pretty poor planning - we clearly need to work harder to get more volunteers to come forward.  This sort of thing stops floating supporters from coming back  -and we don't have the luxury of letting that happen

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2019, 10:51:59 PM »

Jordan was terrific today. Last season he would have retaliated and got at least a yellow. So many good performances today.

Hopefully we can take Curzon apart on Wednesday and then we'll be playoff contenders again.
Brilliant performance today - best league performance this season in my view. 

Glad people are recognising just how exceptionally Hulme played today - he is just different class, and I have been saying for some time he could play at league 1 level or above and be successful. He has curbed his temper but not his competitive edge and he holds the ball up and distributes as well as any striker we have ever had.

Simon Richman had a great game when he came on for willo - his injury is a real worry he has been our playmaker of late - and JJ's goals were excellent and will do his confidence the world of good.

Its fair enough to dismiss Southport as one dimensional, limited, not at the races etc - but don't under-estimate how good we were - we made them look poor because we played sublime, positive, aggressive football - the 10 minute spell in the first half started by Hancock's screamer was just a joy to watch - how we didn't score I don't know.

The attendance - 1519 - 175 in away end - was excellent as well. if we can get crowds that size when we are 17th in Conf North, it bodes well for when we hit a successful streak - the potential support is as high as it has been since the 1960s.

Only slight concern - to have 250 plus fans still queuing to get in the Golf Road at 3pm because we only had 2 gates turnstiles is pretty poor planning - we clearly need to work harder to get more volunteers to come forward.  This sort of thing stops floating supporters from coming back  -and we don't have the luxury of letting that happen

Totally agree, we do need more volunteers. Without volunteers there would be no club.
Just love more volunteers.
But, I just don’t understand why people turn up at the last minute to a game.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2019, 11:30:09 PM »

Agree with previous comments. Max did well today after not starting for sometime, Simon did well when Willo went off as did Hampo when white went off croc. Good to see jj and Josh back on the score sheet. Hulme was superb today.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2019, 11:43:32 PM »

My first game at Moss Lane since the opening day. Good to catch up with Old friends.
Alty were very pleasant on the eye and made Southport look very average.
Jordon would have been my MoM.
JJ screamer was a brilliant goal
Great to see 1500 souls in the ground.
Looking forward to watching more games

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2019, 12:01:36 AM »

My first game at Moss Lane since the opening day. Good to catch up with Old friends.
Alty were very pleasant on the eye and made Southport look very average.
Jordon would have been my MoM.
JJ screamer was a brilliant goal
Great to see 1500 souls in the ground.
Looking forward to watching more games

Sorry I didn’t see you Ray. Glad you saw a good game
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southport Match Thread