PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Couple of points to address before New Year’s Day
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Couple of points to address before New Year’s Day  (Read 6682 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 29, 2019, 08:10:19 AM »

Don’t want this to detract from yesterday’s great win or anyone to get all offended, this is feedback gathered from several places, not a criticism. When there is large queues building at the golf road end can the stewards appointed there actively tell people they can use either turnstile. It will half the waiting time. There was a long line of people waiting to come in and only a few decided to come out of the line and use the other turnstile as it is marked concession so unless people know they will just stand and wait. Secondly very few people seem to know to tell people to go to turnstile 5 when you have an e/ticket one ground hopper on twitter said he was eventually let in via the players entrance because nobody knew where he was supposed to go. It’s only little things that can be addressed immediately with no effort, but will encourage people to keep turning up. Also the link to buying tickets online for Curzon needs to be more visable it’s very hard to find on the club website. I went ticketless yesterday and walked up to the ground just before kickoff with my phone in hand and scanned in at turnstile 5 with no one infront of me whilst the queues at the golf road where stretching back around the corner. So for New Year’s Day id encourage our own regular supporters to buy online and you can either print the ticket off or have it on your portable device, it’s so easy.

You can buy Curzon tickets here
https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/tickets

and do remember if the queues are massive at the golf road end you can pay the same price to come in at turnstile 6 at the mainstand and walk through, it’s the same price for any part of the ground

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of points to address before New Year’s Day
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 11:17:36 AM »

Agree with everything you say Mrs Warbouys - and I alluded to this in another post.

it was a bit embarrassing as an Alty regular to see the scenes outside the Golf road yesterday - makes us look like a little club that cannot cope with moderate attendances never mind a big crowd.

Two turnstiles open at The Golf Road is not sufficient for most games, and this needs to be addressed on New Years Day, when we can expect another above average attendance.  The stewards didn't start directing people to the other turnstile until just before kick-off, and it really isn't a solution to direct people to the away turnstiles - this is clearly potentially risky against a club like Southport where there is a bit of a history of needle and the odd fight breaking out - and it makes a mockery of segregation, which is a necessary precaution at most matches.

I don't think the turnstile operators had been properly briefed about the online ticket scheme, and they should have been.  The scheme is a great idea, and it was a moderate success yesterday as I understand it, but it would be much more successful if the club advertised it properly, and encouraged supporters more to use it.

Lessons to be learned - lets hope we learn them

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 11:46:03 AM »

Indeed. Make all the turnstiles for anyone to come in whether adult or concessions, just list the prices on a separate notice.
If the game isn't to be segregated make it clear that the Chequers end turnstiles can be used by anyone.
Open more turnstiles and the Golf Road end.
Its ok using 5 & 6 but because of the quirky layout of the ground you then have to climb through the stand to get to the pop side on segregated days like yesterday.
Bill - maybe as you are the only director that seems to take any notice of what's going on around the ground perhaps you could include a little tour outside the ground in the half hour before kick-off.
We never seem to have enough stewards outside advising people what to do.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 01:53:52 PM »

One of my pet peevs which seems to cause unnecessary delays is the turnstile operators handing out pointless entrance tickets after taking entrance money.  Is there some legal/league rule behind this?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 02:39:32 PM »

One of my pet peevs which seems to cause unnecessary delays is the turnstile operators handing out pointless entrance tickets after taking entrance money.  Is there some legal/league rule behind this?

Is this not how the attendance is calculated?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 02:46:34 PM »

Is there not a counter that increments every time the turnstile let's a body through?
Full time and proud of it

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 03:23:13 PM »

Is there not a counter that increments every time the turnstile let's a body through?

There used to be I am sure, I thought that failed some years ago hence the paper tickets. I could be talking claptrap of course.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 04:03:33 PM »

If there's no segregation then the chequers end turnstiles should be open for all ?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 08:23:11 AM by Timperley The Best »

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 05:42:18 PM »

If there's no segregation than the chequers end turnstiles should be open for all ?
If there’s no segregation then the chequers end turnstiles are often not used.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Jacobs

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 10:44:08 PM »

I have recently done the gate a few times and the attendance is calculated from the turnstile start and end numbers not the tickets however the tickets identify the breakdown. Historically with a turnstile only dedicated to one demographic (eg adults) it was not required. However as all demographics can use any turnstile the tickets are used to identify how many of each age group we have in the ground.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2019, 07:56:10 AM »

Thanks for the explanation mate, when queues are forming at the golf road end and they are all standing in a line to go through the turnstile marked adults, yet they can go through the one marked concession and get and adult this is when we get a big queue. Someone in a high viz jacket should simply be walking along the queue and saying go to either turnstile and a line of people won’t build up then. People will not attempt to go through a turnstile marked concession’ unless directed to do so.

Jacobs

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2019, 10:56:29 AM »

100% agree pal maybe some new signage detailing general prices rather than above the gate.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2019, 05:43:56 PM »

100% agree pal maybe some new signage detailing general prices rather than above the gate.

Absolutely ! Since we hand out tickets anyway, it doesn't really matter which turnstile is used.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2019, 08:00:28 AM »

Thank you for all your positive feedback re the e-ticketing pilot and please accept our apologies for the delays at the turnstiles on Saturday.  I am not sure why the communication was not good enough for the Southport game, but nonetheless we will learn from it and improve.

E-ticketing did actually ease some of the pressures on the Golf Road turnstiles as we had a substantially higher number of people through the Turnstiles 5 and 6 next to the main stand.  Also, at one point I was able to open the adjacent gate and scan nearly 20 people through in around a minute.  I have been informed that cash payments can only be processed at around 5-10 a minute.

If there are substantial queues for games, you can place an order for an e-ticket, which will then be downloadad to your phone even at five to three.  AS I have said before, this is not a replacement for cash payments, but is instead to offer greater choice and in doing so reducing the pressure on the cash turnstiles.

I know there were points raised that covered a number of issues with access to the ground on Saturday, and rest assured we are looking at ways of addressing all of these.

Thank you for your continued support.

T.C

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2019, 03:53:50 PM »

as a standing season ticket holder am I able to use turnstile 5 or 6
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team