PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton Match Thread 2
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Curzon Ashton Match Thread 2  (Read 11267 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Curzon Ashton Match Thread 2
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2020, 03:58:39 PM »

HT.....and I am frustrated

Dominated play, not made possession in the final third count and concede yet again from a corner.... ???
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2020, 04:03:10 PM »

Hoping we continue to be a second half team and win this game
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2020, 05:00:12 PM »

Taking nine points from nine could be the catalyst to push us into the playoffs.

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2020, 05:56:22 PM »

Genuine Question why can we not play the first half like second half?
Anyway great spirit and togetherness to take the 3 points.As for Harrops red
Card think he went for the intent at not the contact.up to 12th and I suspect
The play of contenders will be looking over there shoulders and thinking oh
Crap.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2020, 05:58:20 PM »

Taking nine points from nine could be the catalyst to push us into the playoffs.

Very lethargic and stuttering performance but getting 9 from 9 can't really be argued against. I hear there has been some sickness going through the squad so in those circumstances we can't be unhappy if there were some under par performances. We certainly didn't play well in the first half but we also weren't allowed to by a very defensive Curzon side. I rate Toby Mullarkey but I think James Jones is a better defender and our defence seems more solid with Jones. Difference of opinion around me on Max's sending off - some thought it was two feet off the ground so dangerous play, others he got the ball - I thought a booking was sufficient.

Happy New Year!
Paul

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2020, 06:14:26 PM »

Sluggish in the first half but 9 from 9 is excellent.

When Hancock if off his game, so is our performance.

Having JJ back has been huge, he drove us forward on many occasions.

Defo more vulnerable on crosses without Jones. Jones and Hannigan are vital to us, Hannigan deserved his MOTM.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 06:19:18 PM by oneedham »

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2020, 06:21:45 PM »

Very lethargic and stuttering performance but getting 9 from 9 can't really be argued against. I hear there has been some sickness going through the squad so in those circumstances we can't be unhappy if there were some under par performances. We certainly didn't play well in the first half but we also weren't allowed to by a very defensive Curzon side. I rate Toby Mullarkey but I think James Jones is a better defender and our defence seems more solid with Jones. Difference of opinion around me on Max's sending off - some thought it was two feet off the ground so dangerous play, others he got the ball - I thought a booking was sufficient.

Happy New Year!
Paul
I will be interested to see the replay I thought his foot was high and that sometimes is enough these days however I thought he took the ball as well
Come on you red and white........

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2020, 06:22:37 PM »

Ps huge win !! Well done
Come on you red and white........

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2020, 06:29:19 PM »

Relief is my emotion, they certainly changed their system since boxing day and made it hard for us. Ringo played too deep first half.
I thought Moult was MOTM. Considering the sickness during this period, thats a very creditable return, but we need to improve if we are to get into the playoffs IMO.
Williams should be back soon, that will help.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2020, 06:33:22 PM »

Can't argue with 3 wins over the xmas/new year period, so well done on that front, especially if there is sickness in the squad. Not near our best today but good to keep the run going.

There will be tougher tests than Curzon and Southport (who got turned over again today) though.

Jake and Tom Hannigan stood out today, as did the ref, who was far more random than usual. Would like to see the red card decision on Alty TV when available.

Happy new year all!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2020, 06:34:41 PM »

I don't think we were that sluggish tbh. I've seen us play enough times already this season to know that we consistently struggle against teams like Curzon - well organised and physically strong defensively. It's definitely a flaw in our lovely style of play and one that needs addressing.
My gut feeling at the time of the sending off was that the ref was 100% correct.
We won and that's 9 out of 9 so we're on a roll but we're still a player or two short of the play offs.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2020, 06:35:29 PM »

Miles off it first half, much better second and thoroughly deserved the win. As has been said, we Hancock to turn in a performance or it's a massive struggle.

Thought the red card was wrong and fully expect us to appeal it. Their management team were embarrassing and I hope they  go down.

White was my mom
Full time and proud of it

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2020, 07:09:30 PM »

Whether Max got the ball or not makes no difference. It's the nature of the tackle that matters. Why people still bang on about getting ball baffles me.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2020, 07:18:27 PM »

Pleased we got the win, 80% possession first half with there keeper making a couple of decent saves. Poor defending/error by thommo for there goal.

Woke up second half, and played better. For me it was a red viewing from the main stand, two footed sliding tackle at speed by Max, which we've seen before. Josh came off with slight injury. Considering around 8 were croc over weekend then I thought we did well.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2020, 07:19:35 PM »

Whether Max got the ball or not makes no difference. It's the nature of the tackle that matters. Why people still bang on about getting ball baffles me.
Sometime when I've got a few hours to spare, you can educate me on how to interpret "the nature of a tackle". Most of the referees we see at this level have enough trouble spotting the obviously malicious stuff, without having to give marks for artistic merit every time somebody makes a challenge.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton Match Thread 2