PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton Match Thread 2
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Curzon Ashton Match Thread 2  (Read 10930 times)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Curzon Ashton Match Thread 2
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2020, 07:26:42 PM »

Don't be sarcy. You should know full well by now that a two footed off the ground tackle that take the player out (if that's what it was) is going to get a player sent off even if the ball end up tucked up his shirt.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2020, 07:27:30 PM »

I didn't want to say it before anyone else (in case I was mistaken) but it did appear to be a 2-footed challenge from Max. I want to be wrong but my first thought was that he'd be in trouble.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2020, 07:47:22 PM »

Don't be sarcy. You should know full well by now that a two footed off the ground tackle that take the player out (if that's what it was) is going to get a player sent off even if the ball end up tucked up his shirt.
It's not a tackle if the the opposition player  doesn't have the ball ! Or if he's 2 yards further away from the ball than Max
Full time and proud of it

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2020, 08:25:36 PM »

That's the bit I couldn't see if both feet were off the ground . If they were he is classed as out of control and it's a red . Be interesting to see
Come on you red and white........

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2020, 08:39:58 PM »

Miles off it first half, much better second and thoroughly deserved the win. As has been said, we Hancock to turn in a performance or it's a massive struggle.

Thought the red card was wrong and fully expect us to appeal it. Their management team were embarrassing and I hope they  go down.

White was my mom

What were they up to?

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2020, 08:40:58 PM »

Miles off it first half, much better second and thoroughly deserved the win. As has been said, we Hancock to turn in a performance or it's a massive struggle.

Thought the red card was wrong and fully expect us to appeal it. Their management team were embarrassing and I hope they  go down.

White was my mom

What were they up to?
mouthing off and coming across to the Alty management . Jokers
Come on you red and white........

Matt Taylor

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2020, 08:42:38 PM »

Pleased we got the win, 80% possession first half with there keeper making a couple of decent saves. Poor defending/error by thommo for there goal.

Woke up second half, and played better. For me it was a red viewing from the main stand, two footed sliding tackle at speed by Max, which we've seen before. Josh came off with slight injury. Considering around 8 were croc over weekend then I thought we did well.

I was sat level in main stand too. I actually thought you’d probably see a yellow given more often than a red for that, but if you start giving the ref that sort of decision to make, then you take your chances and sometimes it goes against you. Stupid challenge.

Weren’t firing today, but thankfully Curzon were sh1te so it didn’t matter too much and we still got the result, which is what mattered. It was another poor goal from a cross we conceded tho.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2020, 10:25:56 PM »

I think you're being less than kind to Curzon. They were far better than we saw at their place, and certainly gave us a tougher test than many clubs who've been to Moss Lane this season.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2020, 10:34:30 PM »

White was my mom

What were they up to?
mouthing off and coming across to the Alty management . Jokers

I guess some still have that inferiority complex against us and think scoring against us is the biggest thing to happen to their club!

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2020, 12:07:35 AM »

Sorry - no personal slight intended. But having just watched the Cresswell incident at West Ham, where VAR overturned the red card and it was changed to a yellow, the emphasis on that change seemed to be placed on how much of the ball he got.

I was a long way from Max's challenge, so I'll not comment until I see Alty TV.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2020, 09:28:39 AM »

I was stood so Max was running away from me. I knew at the time it was a typical Max challenge that mostly ends up in a booking. From what I saw there was clear daylight between Max and their player. I thought the referee had a similar view. I doubt it will make the AltyTV highlights

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2020, 10:33:23 AM »

If there’s such a thing as a ‘typical max challenge’ then Parky needs to be telling him to calm down a bit. Asking for trouble diving in like he did

Matt Taylor

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2020, 02:07:41 PM »

I think you're being less than kind to Curzon. They were far better than we saw at their place, and certainly gave us a tougher test than many clubs who've been to Moss Lane this season.

Maybe I’m being overly harsh, but I thought, ability wise, Curzon looked every bit a side near the bottom of a regional league. But would agree that’s a step up from what they looked on Boxing Day, when they would have struggled to survive at EvoStik level.

On New Year’s Day they did at least expose our vulnerability against balls into the box on a couple of occasions, and looked much more comfortable with the extra man towards the end of the game. But prior to that I always fancied us to go on to score a couple more after getting ourselves ahead, and it wouldn’t have been unjustified, before the complexion of the final 15 mins changed when Max got himself sent off.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2020, 09:54:09 PM »

If there’s such a thing as a ‘typical max challenge’ then Parky needs to be telling him to calm down a bit. Asking for trouble diving in like he did

Unfortunately he has done it plenty of times before, most recently in the Cheshire Cup at Stalybridge. I'm sure it doesn't do his chances of starting much good
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton Match Thread 2