PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team of the decade
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Team of the decade  (Read 10898 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Team of the decade
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2020, 11:17:45 PM »

I am going to argue a technicality - if we are looking at the most influential player in each position over the decade, I nominate Greg Wilkinson to sit on the bench

He was the most influential player for about one minute  ;D

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2020, 11:25:34 PM »

I am going to argue a technicality - if we are looking at the most influential player in each position over the decade, I nominate Greg Wilkinson to sit on the bench

He was the most influential player for about one minute  ;D

...but what a minute...

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2020, 12:56:19 AM »

Colin Little would be first name of the team sheet for team of the century, but not sure he had a major influence in the decade just gone.

Largely agree with comments and particularly pleased so many people recognising just what a special player Hulme is. 

I would also try and find room for Walshaw in the team - to me he was out key player in the 2013/14 promotion season - heart of a lion, fantastic work rate, managed to form a great partnership with Reevesy even though they appeared to hate each other!  We wouldn't have gone up without Walshaw in the team, and who knows what might have happened if he had stayed on.

Nicky Clee is to me, Watmore aside, the most naturally gifted player we have had at Moss Lane in years, but I would play him left midfield rather than left back - JJ I would have a bench for a 30 minute run out when Clee runs out of steam.

Final mention - Bill if we are going to have Wilkinson in on a technicality, then we must also have Kyle Perry for his kung foo challenge on the Guiseley keeper that led to the goal!   

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2020, 09:54:58 AM »

Well Coburn, Densmore, Watmore and Clee get in everybody’s team......Have I missed anybody

It’s not for me to tell people who they should or shouldn’t have in their own personal team of the decade. However, if I was Damien Reeves and I’d scored 150+ goals in 6 seasons during the 2010s, at a better than 1 in 2 strike rate, scored goals in 3 different seasons at National League level (in an otherwise forgettable decade for the football club), passed 40+ goals in consecutive Conf North seasons (in sides not challenging for the title), and I still couldn’t get into everybody’s team of the decade, then I’d be wondering what more I could possibly do as a forward...

Just going back to look at my selection again, I'd consider Reevesy at his peak feeding off Jordan Hulme a mouth-watering prospect.

Was thinking this myself - doing what Little and Senior did, except we probably wouldn't just be aimlessly lumping the ball up to them like we did in those days  :-\

Jacobs

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2020, 04:44:10 PM »

Coburn

Dens
Smith
Hannigan
White

Kearney
Moult

Watmore
Hancock
Clee

Reeves

Subs
Thompson
Young
Richman
Denham
Hulme

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2020, 05:25:35 PM »

You'd have pick a formation first.

Not going to attempt this, but Hannigan and Kearney are 100% in whatever formation
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team of the decade