PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Redevelopment of the ground
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Redevelopment of the ground  (Read 12065 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Redevelopment of the ground
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2020, 10:39:41 AM »

I'd love to be fully engaged. Unfortunately I work on Friday nights.

Yup.

I’d be interested to see us try one of these on a Saturday morning. We’re at home the following day. I’m sure there’d be a much better turnout. FC United for example do this once every other month as a scheduled event with comp food etc and it’s very well attended.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2020, 11:13:43 AM »

Unfortunately not one I can attend being a Friday, Saturday would have been preferable.

Anyway, will we be streaming this in any capacity? Even if its just via RR?

There are no plans to live stream the event as it dissuades people from attending and has a negative impact on the attendance.

However, there will be text updates containing key quotes and talking points throughout the night. You can find these on Twitter. There will also be a full event review on the website.

I know we disgaree on this, but I think it's pretty poor that for genuine exiles (excluding myself from that), that geographical factors prevent fans being able to be involved in the process.

It is a bit of a shame for those who live further away but unfortunately we need to do everything we can to encourage people to attend, as opposed to giving people a reason not to. Hopefully exiles can understand.

That’s why I’m taking up the responsibility of as-it-happens text updates with key quotes, and I’ll push the club for an event recap / report as quickly as possible.

There are ways and means to allow for an exile only screening service,
Closed groups, password stream, patreom.

Less fan enganent for the sake of a few £3 pints, which could be more than made back if fans are truly engaged.

Now you're just being presumptuous. Who said anything about beer sales?

You're right, fans do need to be truly engaged. That is the entire point.

Are you advocating presenteeism as the only way to be engaged?

Re. sales - "we need to do everything we can to encourage people to attend, as opposed to giving people a reason not to" What difference does being in the room make being involved, unless you want it to use it as an additional cash flow fundraiser (which again there is no issue with).

Engagement is about barriers to entry, you're using geography as one here, or atleast the ability to go.
It's all my fault.

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2020, 11:26:06 AM »

I think the fact that the club is bringing people together to discuss their potential plans is a really good thing.  It indicates to me that the club wants to engage with, and consult, supporters, which is what it should be doing.  Being based in Leeds means I will not be able to get over for this myself, so I do understand the frustration of those long distance supporters who feel aggrieved that they cannot participate, however, I do think that there are other ways to consult and engage, and I would hope that I will have plenty of opportunities to submit views and ideas through other channels.

Whilst in theory screening on t tinternet seems like a good idea, I do know from my experience that the likelihood of it being a less than ideal experience is pretty high - if it is going to be interactive, how do you know who wants to speak when, and how do you prevent it from descending into chaos?  if it isn't interactive, then you cannot contribute anyway.

So perhaps if someone at the club can come up with alternative consultation channels for this important and fascinating initiative, then this will allay the concerns of those who cannot travel to this meeting.  A commitment before or at the meeting to ongoing engagement and consultation will be helpful in itself.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2020, 11:43:14 AM »

It's clear that if football gives us anything it is the opportunity to find fault in everything and anything that anyone does.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2020, 11:48:07 AM »

I think the fact that the club is bringing people together to discuss their potential plans is a really good thing.  It indicates to me that the club wants to engage with, and consult, supporters, which is what it should be doing.  Being based in Leeds means I will not be able to get over for this myself, so I do understand the frustration of those long distance supporters who feel aggrieved that they cannot participate, however, I do think that there are other ways to consult and engage, and I would hope that I will have plenty of opportunities to submit views and ideas through other channels.

Whilst in theory screening on t tinternet seems like a good idea, I do know from my experience that the likelihood of it being a less than ideal experience is pretty high - if it is going to be interactive, how do you know who wants to speak when, and how do you prevent it from descending into chaos?  if it isn't interactive, then you cannot contribute anyway.

So perhaps if someone at the club can come up with alternative consultation channels for this important and fascinating initiative, then this will allay the concerns of those who cannot travel to this meeting.  A commitment before or at the meeting to ongoing engagement and consultation will be helpful in itself.

We've previously used Stanzo to take in-room questions and they have software to deliver Q and A events.

Given the likelihood of ongoing events we should really invest in kit to do these events.

Last night there was a fantastic live stream of Tommy UDa giving a live update which wouldn't have been anywhere near as interesting if it was just a quote on the website
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2020, 11:51:36 AM »

Unfortunately not one I can attend being a Friday, Saturday would have been preferable.

Anyway, will we be streaming this in any capacity? Even if its just via RR?

There are no plans to live stream the event as it dissuades people from attending and has a negative impact on the attendance.

However, there will be text updates containing key quotes and talking points throughout the night. You can find these on Twitter. There will also be a full event review on the website.

I know we disgaree on this, but I think it's pretty poor that for genuine exiles (excluding myself from that), that geographical factors prevent fans being able to be involved in the process.

It is a bit of a shame for those who live further away but unfortunately we need to do everything we can to encourage people to attend, as opposed to giving people a reason not to. Hopefully exiles can understand.

That’s why I’m taking up the responsibility of as-it-happens text updates with key quotes, and I’ll push the club for an event recap / report as quickly as possible.

There are ways and means to allow for an exile only screening service,
Closed groups, password stream, patreom.

Less fan enganent for the sake of a few £3 pints, which could be more than made back if fans are truly engaged.

Now you're just being presumptuous. Who said anything about beer sales?

You're right, fans do need to be truly engaged. That is the entire point.

Are you advocating presenteeism as the only way to be engaged?

Re. sales - "we need to do everything we can to encourage people to attend, as opposed to giving people a reason not to" What difference does being in the room make being involved, unless you want it to use it as an additional cash flow fundraiser (which again there is no issue with).

Engagement is about barriers to entry, you're using geography as one here, or atleast the ability to go.

Take a look at the comments section of the last live streamed Meet The Board event. There are dozens of local names, many of whom I am certain could have attended on the night.

Personal opinion, they should be making an effort to go if they're arsed enough to comment on the live stream, but they won't, because it's easier to sit on the couch and watch it. Who knows, that may be where your advocacy stems from too.

At a time where the club are looking to be increasingly proactive I'd like to think that people would make the effort themselves and come down to see what the latest developments are. Live streaming the event is completely counter productive in that regard. It gives people an excuse to stay at home and, in some cases, hide behind a keyboard when there is a perfectly viable opportunity to come and pitch their questions in person.

Re. sales - I'm sure the club would have no issue with them coming and spending £0 at the bar. It is a free event.

As has always been the case, if anyone has pressing questions they'd like to send from a distance then Bill Waterson's inbox has always been open for that.

Last I'll say on it.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2020, 12:15:39 PM »

It's clear that if football gives us anything it is the opportunity to find fault in everything and anything that anyone does.

That's completely the attitude that strangled the club for years. Any business or club will need have comments that are not necessarily about faults but improvements.

Andrew has made his points and I accept those reasons, but as a club we should strive ask questions why, even if we don't agree with them

I remember a similar thread a while back about e tickets....
It's all my fault.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2020, 12:54:03 PM »

Thank you all for your comments on this thread and I am glad it has generated so much interest.

With regards to when we hold these events, I like the idea of a Saturday morning presentation.  I believe that we have not done enough of these fan sessions - as they are quite difficult to organise.  There may be a case to do more "low key" sessions of maybe one hour duration, maybe as frequently as monthly.  And if theres nothing specific to say, we just cancel that months episode.

In parallel therefore we should look at a digital means of broadcasting this kind of thing - from a Brian Flynn interview to filing a presentation (perhaps more than a bit dry!)

We will use next weeks session to set our vision for the club, to reiterate and clarify the strategy and as a specific example of vision, to showcase our thinking on our ground. 

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2020, 01:41:47 PM »

Would love to see a new acoustic roof on the gold road and pop side middle roof extending full length possible seating in the center with keeping terracing in each corner ?, if a roof goes on the away end segregate it half way that would be excellent for atmosphere.

Went to Stockport to see the Blossoms concert this last year amazing set up and must of made a fortune,  also alty ice rink hosting very good boxing events, could Alty host events in the summer to?

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2020, 03:21:55 PM »

Just from a personal standpoint ....I’d be pleased to see the back of the scaffolding on the Pop side. Looks so scruffy, does nothing for the general look of the ground and impairs viewing. Low cost improvement, surely we can do better?

andrewflynn

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2020, 03:59:59 PM »

Would love to see a new acoustic roof on the gold road and pop side middle roof extending full length possible seating in the center with keeping terracing in each corner ?, if a roof goes on the away end segregate it half way that would be excellent for atmosphere.

Went to Stockport to see the Blossoms concert this last year amazing set up and must of made a fortune,  also alty ice rink hosting very good boxing events, could Alty host events in the summer to?

I've put two event organisers in touch with the club over the past two seasons, both wanted to use the pitch over the summer. Not sure as to why nothing came of either...

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2020, 04:09:07 PM »

I've put two event organisers in touch with the club over the past two seasons, both wanted to use the pitch over the summer. Not sure as to why nothing came of either...

The pitch refurb puts a dampner on a lot of summer possibilities - ripped up in mid May and reseeded, which then means it cant be used for as long as possible to give the grass the best chance of rooting and thickening out. At the start of this season it still looked a bit thin.

I've pondered whether it should be re-turfed at greater cost, but faster recovery time ie leave it much later, to be able to use the pitch for longer for other events if they'll make more money that offsets the higher cost of turfing.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2020, 04:26:15 PM »

The pitch refurb puts a dampner on a lot of summer possibilities - ripped up in mid May and reseeded, which then means it cant be used for as long as possible to give the grass the best chance of rooting and thickening out. At the start of this season it still looked a bit thin.

I've pondered whether it should be re-turfed at greater cost, but faster recovery time ie leave it much later, to be able to use the pitch for longer for other events if they'll make more money that offsets the higher cost of turfing.

Even breaking even would be okay because you'd gain the awareness of it.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Redevelopment of the ground