PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Redevelopment of the ground
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Redevelopment of the ground  (Read 12069 times)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 15, 2020, 02:42:05 PM »

I see that a presentation of architect's plans for the redevelopment of the ground at Moss Lane is on the agenda for the 'Meet the Manager, Meet the Board' meeting on 24/01/2020.  I am really excited about this but hope that the character of the ground is to be retained on the whole and I also worry a bit that I may not live long enough to see the '10 year plan' reach its conclusion!

Graham Bennetts Perm

Re: Redevelopment of the ground
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 05:01:32 PM »

At last some attention paid to the stadium! It will be interesting to see how the plans meet the minimum criteria for the EFL, which include, the last time I looked, a minimum of 2000 seats in a minimum 5000 capacity. Also interesting to see how enhanced commercial/hospitality facilities will  be accommodated.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 06:44:54 PM »

I'd be amazed if it was anything as grand as that. I would expect the construction of a new toilet block at the way end and not much more.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 06:47:53 PM »

Long overdue. The last significant change to the spectating facilities in the ground must have been the community stand alongside the main stand was the late 90s IIRC. A lot you could do but money obviously. Fascinating to see what the plan is. If we could raise and level the roof across the Pop side and make that all seater and just leave the two ends as terracing that would be my preference. A side stand dare i say it akin to Macc’s. If the Capacity for the EFL now is 5000 then given we got 4600 in against Guiseley for the Conference North play off final (and the away end was far from full that day) then I don’t think we have any issues on that front.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 07:24:24 PM »

Will also be interested as to when work begins and how its funded.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 07:29:45 PM »

The middle section on the pop side was raised to give the option of adding seats there at a later date.  That and the building of the new offices/hospitality suite/family stand was all done when gerry berman was still chairman. although there was a grant a lot still got spent and the team got relegated the following season. in an ideal world i'd see a cantilever roof all the way along the pop side and steeper steps (although not as steep as Telford or I'd probably only fall down them). Steeper terracing and a cantilever roof at the Golf Road end would be a good thing, but the objection raised last time this was up for discussion was possible planning issues becuase of the houses in the road.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 08:58:17 PM »

If money was no object I’d like to see the following

1) away end to have a roof and new toilet block
2) turn the family stand in to away seating and away supporters bar so no away supporters have any need to breach other parts of the stadium
3) popular side roofed all the way along at the same height. Seated with a standing paddock in the last block nearest chequers end for tradition so supporters can walk around still. New family zone incorporated in to the new seated stand (not near the singing section)
4) Liberio area covered with a corrugated roof and tidied up with more seating and less sh*t. With new toilet block and ability to screen it off from the pitch so it’s still able to used as a bar/ fanzine when we get to a higher level
5) golf road end raised sight lines and cantilevered similar to droylesden or burton 

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 09:42:24 PM »

2) turn the family stand in to away seating and away supporters bar so no away supporters have any need to breach other parts of the stadium
3) popular side roofed all the way along at the same height. Seated with a standing paddock in the last block nearest chequers end for tradition so supporters can walk around still. New family zone incorporated in to the new seated stand (not near the singing section)
4) Liberio area covered with a corrugated roof and tidied up with more seating and less sh*t. With new toilet block and ability to screen it off from the pitch so it’s still able to used as a bar/ fanzine when we get to a higher level
5) golf road end raised sight lines and cantilevered similar to droylesden or burton 

All spot on god knows what it would cost though

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 09:56:03 PM »

I'd not bother with a roof on the away end. That would just make the away fans more comfortable and sound louder. That end does need some new bogs and repair work to the concrete.

Apart from that, the above is pretty much my wish list too.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 09:57:09 PM »

Peter Swales promised us a cover for the then Red Robin Club end in 1967!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156381083363055&set=g.221137068358408&type=1&theater&ifg=1

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 10:31:18 PM »

I think that end needs a roof, it completes the ground, and offers away supporters no excuse whatsoever to be in any home area of the ground for a segregated fixture.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 11:10:22 PM »

As above. That away end needs sorting, then every game can be segregated. Roof, decent toilets, improved refreshments, higher fencing in the corner to keep fans apart and I agree, give them the family stand.

Defo keep it standing in the last section at the Chequers End. Good for the atmosphere.

That corner where the Libero bar is has so much potential. Could be proper smart with an extended and better built bar, roof, toilets and benches. Maybe you could have some sort of large heavy duty marquee. To keep fans warm and dry. With the options to remove sides in the better weather.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 08:19:37 AM »

Unfortunately not one I can attend being a Friday, Saturday would have been preferable.

Anyway, will we be streaming this in any capacity? Even if its just via RR?
It's all my fault.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 09:12:32 AM »

The family stand is good for elderly supporters or those with mobility issues as it's easier to sit down there rather than trying to get up the main stand steps.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 09:56:54 AM »

The family stand is good for elderly supporters or those with mobility issues as it's easier to sit down there rather than trying to get up the main stand steps.

Agreed, it's probably the most comfortable part of the ground for unobstructed views and legroom. Giving it all over to away fans is self defeating in my view. And the sponsors lounge is a very undervalued asset in my view also.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team