PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Redevelopment of the ground
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Redevelopment of the ground  (Read 12066 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Redevelopment of the ground
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 10:42:01 AM »

The family stand is good for elderly supporters or those with mobility issues as it's easier to sit down there rather than trying to get up the main stand steps.

Agreed, it's probably the most comfortable part of the ground for unobstructed views and legroom. Giving it all over to away fans is self defeating in my view. And the sponsors lounge is a very undervalued asset in my view also.

I also agree that the family stand is perfect to service those supporters, but that's as the ground stands currently.

Ideally, we'd introduce more home seating on the popular side, similar to how Mrs Warbouys describes, and that would free up the current family stand to be incorporated into the away end:

3) popular side roofed all the way along at the same height. Seated with a standing paddock in the last block nearest chequers end for tradition so supporters can walk around still. New family zone incorporated in to the new seated stand (not near the singing section)

Lots of talk about improving the toilet facilities in the away end. Building additional facilities in the current family stand could help.

Really interested to see what we have planned anyway.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 11:14:04 AM »

I agree with the need to cover the away end plus improvement to toilet facilities
Apart from other changes people have suggested, I would also like to see if it’s possible to budget so that turnstiles could be fully manned especially for big games even if it means paying people a few quid to encourage folk to do it.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 12:26:49 PM »

I doubt you'd get cover the away end now the flats have been built.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 12:44:17 PM »

I doubt you'd get cover the away end now the flats have been built.

I think with the right scheme the residents would support covering the terrace - surely better to look out onto a roof, maybe a living roof with sedum matting than the open air concrete thats there now. I imagine on a match day they can hear all sorts of language from the terrace sat in their gardens.

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2020, 03:22:41 PM »

Unfortunately not one I can attend being a Friday, Saturday would have been preferable.

Anyway, will we be streaming this in any capacity? Even if its just via RR?

There are no plans to live stream the event as it dissuades people from attending and has a negative impact on the attendance.

However, there will be text updates containing key quotes and talking points throughout the night. You can find these on Twitter. There will also be a full event review on the website.

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2020, 07:44:05 PM »

Agree with most comments, and yes it is hugely welcome that the club is thinking positively and ambitiously.

IMO we need to at least maintain the current capacity, and ideally increase it - if we progress higher - which we will do - the Guiseley crowd of 4633 will be nothing compared to what we could get if we are - for example - in the National League play offs.  There was loads of room for more at that match in the away end but also in the pop side and the gold road.

We can increase the terraced capacity of the golf road with steeper terracing - the home end at Southport comes to mind.  Similarly, the Pop side terracing starts 10 feet back from the barrier - so there is plenty of scope to re-terrace and build in seats behind - like the idea of keeping to corner all terracing - this would be great for home fans but gives us scope to use as overflow for big matches-  Stockport the obvious one.

Libero corner largely dead space so yes that needs work, and in an ideal world with sufficient funds covering chequers end and probably re-terracing makes sense.

All the turnstiles need to be replaced, that probably needs to be high on the list actually.

Ultimately, we probably need to replace the main stand and the sponsors stand and lounge altogether, but that would probably be the biggest cost of all.  All of this would take years to do, and we need to prioritise the must do first - turnstiles, toilets, catering facilities for example - then one end of the ground at a time.

I would love to fast forward a few years to see what the ground looks like - sort of thing I have been dreaming about since I was a boy.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2020, 08:56:18 PM »

Interesting points Leeds, but why do you think the sponsors stand/lounge needs replacing?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2020, 09:17:09 PM »

Unfortunately not one I can attend being a Friday, Saturday would have been preferable.

There are no plans to live stream the event as it dissuades people from attending and has a negative impact on the attendance.

However, there will be text updates containing key quotes and talking points throughout the night. You can find these on Twitter. There will also be a full event review on the website.

I know we disgaree on this, but I think it's pretty poor that for genuine exiles (excluding myself from that), that geographical factors prevent fans being able to be involved in the process.
It's all my fault.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2020, 09:19:26 PM »

I’m surprised at the mention of replacement turnstiles ? All 3 in use blocks are relatively new build, the gates function and the tickets allow a tally of money taken.

I can understand the need to have more of them open and staffed for the peak rush.

An upgrade to electronic turnstiles is also covered by grants from I think the football foundation on promotion into the football league as part of mandatory ground change on promotion so effectively free as I understand.

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2020, 09:31:18 PM »

Interesting points Leeds, but why do you think the sponsors stand/lounge needs replacing?

Mad Frankie - the stand is ok in itself, but the main stand is showing its age and is nearly 60 years old.  I think the main stand would have to be replaced, and in that event, it would make sense to build one continuous stand down that side of the ground.  I would say this is down the list of priorities unless we draw United in the 3rd round of the fa cup next season, City in the 4th, and Liverpool in the 5th - but we need to do this at some point.

Just a personal view of course and just adding to the discussion

andrewflynn

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2020, 06:50:07 AM »

I know we disgaree on this, but I think it's pretty poor that for genuine exiles (excluding myself from that), that geographical factors prevent fans being able to be involved in the process.

It is a bit of a shame for those who live further away but unfortunately we need to do everything we can to encourage people to attend, as opposed to giving people a reason not to. Hopefully exiles can understand.

That’s why I’m taking up the responsibility of as-it-happens text updates with key quotes, and I’ll push the club for an event recap / report as quickly as possible.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2020, 07:42:49 AM »

It is a bit of a shame for those who live further away but unfortunately we need to do everything we can to encourage people to attend, as opposed to giving people a reason not to. Hopefully exiles can understand.

That’s why I’m taking up the responsibility of as-it-happens text updates with key quotes, and I’ll push the club for an event recap / report as quickly as possible.

There are ways and means to allow for an exile only screening service,
Closed groups, password stream, patreom.

Less fan enganent for the sake of a few £3 pints, which could be more than made back if fans are truly engaged.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 08:06:53 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2020, 07:53:35 AM »

I'm hoping we rip out the offices and turn them into sports themed private hospitality to be used as meeting rooms during the week. Circa 15k easily from 3 boxes sitting 6-8 people at £30 a head without additional drink sales, merchandise, raffle and golden goal, and themed meeting room booking.

These could also be leased to a sponsor in Altrincham for 5k for match day use, or 7k for use during the week. Meaning club don't have to worry about selling smaller packages for CSC etc. , offering charitable use if a sponsor can't make it.

With Alt space, a deal could be struck to allow member use of these if they want somewhere more quirky to have a meeting.

I hope we rip out the noel White and turn that into a fan bar allowing fans to congregate somewhere pub-like at the ground whilst retaining the CSH for fans.

Libero corner should be giving programme shed back corner then a fence keeping the pitch out of view
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 08:06:13 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2020, 08:23:19 AM »

There are ways and means to allow for an exile only screening service,
Closed groups, password stream, patreom.

Less fan enganent for the sake of a few £3 pints, which could be more than made back if fans are truly engaged.

Now you're just being presumptuous. Who said anything about beer sales?

You're right, fans do need to be truly engaged. That is the entire point.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2020, 09:30:37 AM »

I'd love to be fully engaged. Unfortunately I work on Friday nights.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Redevelopment of the ground