PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gateshead Match Thread  (Read 7826 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Gateshead Match Thread
« on: January 16, 2020, 09:20:50 PM »

Can see there being any changes from last Saturday aside from Williams in for Richman.

Gateshead 0-1 Alty. Hulme
Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

Re: Gateshead Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 04:08:35 PM »

Don't do well there, do we?

Take a point.

1-1 Jones from a corner.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 05:57:00 PM »

Ricky Harris did well for us on my last visit  :)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 10:02:50 PM »

Ricky Harris did well for us on my last visit  :)

The last and only previous visit I made, we lost 1-0. Michael Rankine scored. And of course subsequently joined us.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 10:56:52 PM »

Been a few times. Dreadful ground to watch a game in.

We'll not lose.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 05:28:53 PM »

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 06:45:20 PM »

I think that's a fair summary. We diidn't reach our usual heights but we were unfortunate with both goals conceded.  Gateshead defended well - more like an away team than a home team.  I am not sure I ever need to go back there.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 06:47:48 PM »

When was the last time neither Richman or Williams started?

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 08:03:06 PM »

We were poor.

Some of their support are either bellends or well trained actors with an ability to portray irony in a northern football space... "your support is f**king sh*t".

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 08:33:57 PM »

Marine at home at the end of the Evostik winning season (he says as train pulls into Grantham

Thompson, Sheridan , Hampson, Hannigan, 4Heathcote Moult Johnson Merrie Hulme Harrop  Bailey Jones

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2020, 08:46:35 PM »

Marine at home at the end of the Evostik winning season (he says as train pulls into Grantham

Thompson, Sheridan , Hampson, Hannigan, 4Heathcote Moult Johnson Merrie Hulme Harrop  Bailey Jones

Cheers.

Lost then if my memory serves me right

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2020, 10:29:17 PM »

Should have been ahead before Thompson's error gifted them the opener. We were a poor second best after the interval, and although they got lucky when the second goal went off the post onto their guy's shin and rebounded into the net, Gateshead deserved their win.

Lundstram didn't let us down, and could turn out to be a worthwhile loanee,  but we missed having one of Williams or Richman out there. Wall put in a decent shift with some good balls played in. On the other hand I thought one of the major problems was at full back. Dens was a long way below his best, and White was barely better.

It was good to see Hannigan get through the full ninety minutes. Mullarkey was streets ahead of anybody else on the pitch.

I thought today's officials were the best we've had this season.

Gateshead are nothing special, as we saw at Moss Lane, but they're firmly in the playoff picture. That only goes to show that this league is of rather a poor standard right now. If we can't get a playoff spot something is badly wrong.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2020, 10:41:54 PM »

I must miss Mullarkey's better games. Decent player without doubt but personally for me we are much stronger defensively with Jones and Hannigan.

Desperately need another quality winger. Wall is technically good but not the answer.

We really miss Richman, because he goes about his game quietly but is very effectively, people don't see how big of a player he is for us.

Still 3 decent players off.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2020, 02:24:07 PM »

I am not sure I ever need to go back there.

My thoughts exactly.  I thought that I must have entered a potential subject for an episode of 'Abandoned Engineering'.  Everyone attending the game was housed in the same stand on the West side of the stadium and it made it appear as if the venue was empty.   The large deserted looking East stand is missing it's roof covering but still has the twisted skeletal remains of the metal frame that used to hold it up exposed.  The running track around the pitch has seen better days and there were puddles of standing water everywhere.  There was also a big dirty looking tarpaulin sheet stretched out across the ground below where we were sat for some unknown reason and whilst many of the seats looked to have been quite recently replaced, many of them were covered with seagull sh*t.  Incidentally, It was also bloody freezing!

'Its grim up north'... as it happens grim is a good word to describe our performance.  Best leave it at that.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2020, 04:44:44 PM »

I am not sure I ever need to go back there.

My thoughts exactly.  I thought that I must have entered a potential subject for an episode of 'Abandoned Engineering'.  Everyone attending the game was housed in the same stand on the West side of the stadium and it made it appear as if the venue was empty.   The large deserted looking East stand is missing it's roof covering but still has the twisted skeletal remains of the metal frame that used to hold it up exposed.  The running track around the pitch has seen better days and there were puddles of standing water everywhere.  There was also a big dirty looking tarpaulin sheet stretched out across the ground below where we were sat for some unknown reason and whilst many of the seats looked to have been quite recently replaced, many of them were covered with seagull sh*t.  Incidentally, It was also bloody freezing!

'Its grim up north'... as it happens grim is a good word to describe our performance.  Best leave it at that.

The tarps cover the long jump pit. There is one at the other end, I assume one is for the triple jump?I

I know nowt about athletics, but Olympics apart do spectator numbers justify an 11800 all seater stadium? The place looked well past it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 04:55:37 PM by Back Roads »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Match Thread