PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What a great night at the football club
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What a great night at the football club  (Read 5936 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 24, 2020, 10:02:48 PM »

Exciting times ahead. A breath of fresh air to hear self confidence and no such thing as cannot be done. And to see the vision of competing in the league above as the minimum is great. The new stadium plans look fantastic, supporters need to do there bit. Starting with tomorrow, tickets available here

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/tickets

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: What a great night at the football club
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 10:05:58 AM »

Wish I could have been there Mrs B.  Hope it was a really good turnout. For those who could not attend, are the plans for the stadium going to be shared online so we can all have a look. and share our thoughts?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 10:30:41 AM »

I think there was around 150 there. It was a good evening. Hopefully, JJ has been exorcised and we can move on. I think there was a statement made that the vision will go online shortly. Only the community hall and the sponsors lounge is going to survive, a roof to go on all four sides of the ground.

To be honest, I look at other clubs grounds and think we are stuck in the 1960's so these plans are going to address all of that. Just about the only thing that wasn't on the agenda was turning the pitch through 90 degrees.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 11:11:36 AM »

I think there was around 150 there. It was a good evening. Hopefully, JJ has been exorcised and we can move on. I think there was a statement made that the vision will go online shortly. Only the community hall and the sponsors lounge is going to survive, a roof to go on all four sides of the ground.

To be honest, I look at other clubs grounds and think we are stuck in the 1960's so these plans are going to address all of that. Just about the only thing that wasn't on the agenda was turning the pitch through 90 degrees.

Given how thorough that presentation was, I'd be amazed if they hadn't looked at rotating the pitch during their research. In any case I don't think it would be practical or certainly cost effective.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 11:13:57 AM by Bob »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 01:09:00 PM »

I'm sure they have looked at rotating the pitch. It's probably the easiest way of reducing the effect on the residents of Golf Road and the Chequers End. Requires a bit more upheaval though and probably a chunk of the allotments

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 01:19:33 PM »

I don't think that Trafford Council would entertain letting us encroach onto the allotments.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 01:52:18 PM »

I don't think that Trafford Council would entertain letting us encroach onto the allotments.

Seconded.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 02:10:20 PM »

I have a mate who works fulltime on regeneration projects. Relocating allotments is not impossible. It has to be done sensitively though.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 05:22:22 PM »

The football club don't need the allotments and there's a stream in the way. let's not even pretend its up for discussion. those allotments mean a lot to the people that have them.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 06:31:29 PM »

Moving the allotments maybe a "runner" and may bear fruit! SBL

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 06:43:57 PM »

Would we even be permitted  to encroach into the car park behind the popular side, small as it is? The loss of even a few spaces can cause planning difficulties. If we could a decent stand along that side would transform the ground and provide sufficient increase in capacity for the long term, whatever that might turn out to be. Whatever is planned it is a fact that the current old girl is very dated and shabby, we need to move forward but please not a soulless plastic set of boxes.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 06:53:06 PM »

Would we even be permitted  to encroach into the car park behind the popular side, small as it is? The loss of even a few spaces can cause planning difficulties.

One of the provisos outlined prior to the construction of the CSH was for there to be a number of parking spaces for CSH customers and club staff located behind the popular side.

Mind you, they are hardly ever used, as during the week there is a customary procession of cars parked on Moss Lane alongside the CSH and main stand (with club officials and personnel being regular culprits).

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 06:55:44 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 09:08:45 PM »

Parking on Moss Lane is a hazard in my opinion. Pretty random on match days with cars blocking footpaths and parked on corners.  I'd like to think that any planning applications included a pelican crossing so you can safely cross the road.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2020, 09:12:31 PM »

Have the plans  for the work on the stadium been put on the website yet ?I cant see them.

andrewflynn

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2020, 08:34:32 AM »

Event review is now online here: https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/recap-january-2020-meet-the-manager-board

Architects plans are going to take a bit of time to get online as Define would like to review them slightly before publishing. As soon as they’re on you’ll be the first to know.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team