News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester Fan on JJ's performance so far

Author Topic: Chester Fan on JJ's performance so far  (Read 5821 times)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 01, 2020, 08:44:01 PM »

From Chester's Forum:

" Looks like we've turned JJ into a bad player, just like we have with so many others. Gave the ball away, ran down blind alleys and didn't fancy a tackle. Was much the same on his debut last Saturday".

HA! HA! HA!

In contrast Craig Mahon has looked class.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chester Fan on JJ's performance so far
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 09:35:44 PM »

... and another one

"also think altrincham got the best out of the johnson deal.bring back mahon"

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 10:25:24 PM »

According to Flash Scores John Johnston the forward only scored three goals for Alty this season. James Jones the defender has now scored six.

Maybe they took the wrong JJ.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 04:08:03 PM »

I would rather JJ had stayed, and I have no hard feelings in terms of him leaving... but "running down blind alleys" does sound a lot like him. The accuracy of his crosses and the number of successful offensive plays to come from the amount of possession he was able to enjoy were not exactly high in the ratio; ultimately these comments from Chester fans do not surprise me.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 05:38:00 PM »

"Running down blind alleys" does sound a lot like him. The accuracy of his crosses and the number of successful offensive plays to come from the amount of possession he was able to enjoy were not exactly high in the ratio; ultimately these comments from Chester fans do not surprise me.

I agree.  Someone else described him as somewhat of a luxury especially when we were not playing well which I also agree with on the whole.

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 05:43:31 PM »

I would rather JJ had stayed, and I have no hard feelings in terms of him leaving... but "running down blind alleys" does sound a lot like him. The accuracy of his crosses and the number of successful offensive plays to come from the amount of possession he was able to enjoy were not exactly high in the ratio; ultimately these comments from Chester fans do not surprise me.

I’d agree with this.

JJ was a real fan favourite here for his pace, his directness and for generally coming across as a really sound guy (regularly came over to the fans and take pictures with the kids after games, etc.)

If I’m being honest, that pace and directness resulted in something special once every three or four games. Chester don’t strike me as a fanbase where sheer graft, which he always put in, and being a nice lad will afford you the luxury of going unnoticed for a handful of games in a row. They’ll just turn on you. Early days so we‘ll see how it plays out, and he’s definitely due an outside of the boot worldie for them.

I’ve been pretty impressed with Craig Mahon so far and if we can cement ourselves in the play offs with him fit and firing then we could have done a good bit of business here.

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 05:49:17 PM »

I’ll also add - he’s been named at #10 on their team sheets. Surely they aren’t playing JJ there? Will never work.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 06:28:46 PM »

I’ll also add - he’s been named at #10 on their team sheets. Surely they aren’t playing JJ there? Will never work.

I thought the same, but then rembered Bill and Ben are managing so it all made sense
Full time and proud of it

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 07:20:45 PM »

You can try to read too much into shirt numbers. Once upon a time number 8 was an attacking forward, we tend to have 8 as midfield, and often sitting quite deep. Didn't we have Damien Reeves wearing 10 as centre-forward whereas we now have Josh Hancock in an attacking midfield role in that shirt.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2020, 07:46:07 PM »

Reeves wore 10 because he didn't want the 9, due breaking his leg in the 9.

But yes numbers can be misleading, but wingers almost always are 7 & 11
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 08:12:21 AM »

He's on the left, as Brad Jackson is on the right for them and already 'owns' the number 7 shirt.

You either get one extreme or the other with JJ - tormenting fullbacks or being completely ineffective. On the next month or so of heavy pitches, I doubt Chester will see too much of him for now.

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 10:47:40 AM »

Don't wish the lad ill at all, but is he isn't producing for Chester and Mahon is for us, then we come out of that deal pretty well.  I see us playing Chester in the play offs at the end of this season, and I would much rather we finished above them and got them at home.  Happy for him to take the league by storm once we have been promoted to The National League and Chester are doomed to another season in League North!  ;D

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2020, 12:35:24 PM »

Parky got the best out of JJ and through our trust in Parky we trusted in JJ.
No such luxury at Chester under the two clowns...
Hope JJ has a great season in national North next year and gets picked up by a big club triggering his release clause and our percentage :-)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2020, 12:45:36 PM »

Well,i'd have him back tomorrow if we could, rumour ellison is chester bound, where does that leave jj?
Bernard Taylors barmy army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team