PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Telford Home Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Telford Home Match Thread  (Read 10987 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Telford Home Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 11:20:15 PM »

Yes thought that was a very very dodgy penalty.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2020, 12:14:06 AM »

Solid win over poor opposition.. There 7 did nothing but moan throughout the second half.
Telford is 10 miles max from my house.
The choice is, watch nearby Telford or drive 65 miles and watch Alty?
Fill the car up and get on the A49 every time...

Pompey Paul

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2020, 08:52:22 AM »

Ah well done, was watching the FA Cup on the BBC website and your score kept popping up.
We've gone from the team with ties against the troublesome non-league sides to the lowest ranked side left in the 5th Round and i reckon our chances against Arsenal at home £££
Are the promotion finals big money spinners for you?

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2020, 09:35:40 AM »

Ah well done, was watching the FA Cup on the BBC website and your score kept popping up.
We've gone from the team with ties against the troublesome non-league sides to the lowest ranked side left in the 5th Round and i reckon our chances against Arsenal at home £££
Are the promotion finals big money spinners for you?
In a way I was pleased to heroically lose to you in the 2nd round as heading to Fleetwood for a 0-2 defeat in front of 2k in the 3rd round would have been such a depressing experience.

Playoffs are probably a minor money spinner for the finalists. They're all one-off games, played at the home grounds of participating teams but with no TV coverage. Crowds are usually much better than corresponding league games, but with proceeds split between the participating teams.
You have 4th vs 7th and 5th vs 6th in the qualifiers, then 2nd vs 5th/6th and 3rd vs 4th/7th in the semis.
The final is then played at the ground of the highest ranked team.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2020, 10:08:30 AM »

Excellent victory last night, conditions were more in our favour, having some grass on the pitch and not so windy. Good to see the floodlights back in fine fettle.

Thought Dan had a promising start and Craig his best game yet. Great to see Jordan on score sheet again, and Josh finished those goals well. Caused our own problems for both goals, not sure what penalty was for.

Onto Saturday now, looking forward to the match and hopefully keeping the momentum going.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2020, 10:57:37 AM »

Mahon looks a player. This is where Tommy and Ryan come into their own ensuring we get the best out of a player whose picked up a lot of injuries.

Mooney looks class.

At times we were so fluid with a front 4 interchanging. Felt like the side that nearly went all the way last year.

Bench needs strengthening big time.
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2020, 11:37:21 AM »

Players who didn't start last night : Drench, White, Mullarkey, Williams, Richman, Harrop, Peers, Walters, Wall.

If we can't produce a decent bench from that group there's something wrong !

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2020, 12:13:35 PM »

Players who didn't start last night : Drench, White, Mullarkey, Williams, Richman, Harrop, Peers, Walters, Wall.

How many of them do you back to come on turn a draw to a win, or come on for tired legs and put a game to bed?

It's all my fault.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2020, 12:49:22 PM »

I think we've got back to the state two years ago where the players coming on are as good as the players going off. Harrop and Mullarkey caused a lot of mayhem amongst a tiring Telford defence, and Mullarkey's attacking play is easily as good as his defending. He might be the new Paul Ellender.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2020, 01:31:51 PM »

Where do I start with that? - great game of football to watch - when the 'oles' started ringing around, we were starting to play with a real swagger.

We were pretty sloppy to let them back into the game at 4-2 - but I doubt many teams in the league would have outscored us last night.

In terms of the players:

- Thompson has had a good season but, sadly, if we can identify an absolute top-class goalkeeper for this level I think that will be the difference
- Dens could teach Premier League wingers / fullbacks a thing or two about end product - very rarely wastes his final ball and he was carving them up last night.
- I agree about tying JJ down to a longer-term contract now; I've been critical of his lapses in concentration in the past but he's come on leaps and bounds.
- With Hannigan/JJ partnership looking so strong, I too see Mullarkey as a bit of a secret weapon in midfield - he's all limbs and must be a nightmare to play against.
- Moult/Hancock/Hulme all absolutely indispensible, and I think the management team know that.
- Mahon is such a different player to the one he replaced - buzzes around inside, looking to get involved in play - if we can keep him fit he'll be great for us.
- Mooney certainly looked exciting - Chester fans say he tailed off once he got 'found out' by people that had done their homework, but he's got time to work on that if that's the case.

Nobody would want to play us in the playoffs if we get there - I just pray to God we don't end up away to Brackley or Boston which is looking like a strong possibility.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2020, 01:33:06 PM »

How many of them do you back to come on turn a draw to a win, or come on for tired legs and put a game to bed?

Hard one as that sort of player woud be expecting to start.

Peers gets criticised and at times can be headless but he does score and is strong lad. He will run defenders all day long.

Harrop has the potential but I always fear he will give the ball away or get sent off but on his day he can make things happen.

White will come back in for Hampson.

Drench will keep TT on his toes.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2020, 03:55:25 PM »

Nobody would want to play us in the playoffs if we get there - I just pray to God we don't end up away to Brackley or Boston which is looking like a strong possibility.
Was discussing those away possibilities last night. We really need to aim for 3rd. One less game and home advantage in the semi.
Actually, stop being a pessimist - we can catch York and claim 2nd. There are some big games coming up against teams in the top 8 - no reason to think that we can't win them all.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2020, 04:13:39 PM »

Was discussing those away possibilities last night. We really need to aim for 3rd. One less game and home advantage in the semi.
Actually, stop being a pessimist - we can catch York and claim 2nd. There are some big games coming up against teams in the top 8 - no reason to think that we can't win them all.

We need to catch York to finish 3rd, because I think Brackley will finish 2nd.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2020, 04:20:58 PM »

I wouldn't be looking forward to a trip to Brackley but I'm hoping for third.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2020, 04:22:12 PM »

Brackley seem to be faltering,.. Boston and Gateshead both look strong to me and may pose biggest threat.
Kings Lynn and York seem likely to be top 3, but I suspect Chester will drop a few places.
3rd for us would be a great finish considering where we were.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Telford Home Match Thread