News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Michael Twiss framed tribute tshirt up for grabs

Author Topic: Michael Twiss framed tribute tshirt up for grabs  (Read 5119 times)

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 05, 2020, 07:49:07 AM »

Chester are raising money for the club by auctioning on Ebay this delightful number of one of there greatest centre forwards and because he had such a memorable stint in the alty colours there my be someone wanting to add this to there collection.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Framed-and-signed-Michael-Twiss-Chester-City-Tribute-Shirt/164064812362?hash=item2633065d4a:g:Kr4AAOSw2H1eOZr3&redirect=mobile
FFS

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Twiss framed tribute tshirt up for grabs
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 09:38:58 AM »

Size... XL

Must have been during one of his more svelt stages.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 12:03:45 PM »

Stu, were you Googling Hollands Pies beneficiaries when you came across that?  ;D

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 04:09:58 PM »

Stu, were you Googling Hollands Pies beneficiaries when you came across that?  ;D

He was probably eating a Holland's Pie !

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 08:44:33 PM »

He was probably eating a Holland's Pie !

I was just having a nosey at the chester forum and i actually spat my pie out when i saw the thread , raising money for the club etc , we live in surreal times

:o ??? :-X :'(
FFS

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 09:33:03 PM »

I try to avoid Deva Chat, but I will just say that I know somebody who worked with Michael Twiss after he finished his playing career, and he was quite proud of his time with us and talked about some fantastic goal he scored for us. I don't remember that, and the second hand details were vague. To be fair, and possibly controversial, I don't think he was bad as all that, but a disappointment considering his high reputation.

For the record, his post football job had nothing whatsoever to do with pies. ;D

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 09:49:07 PM »

The fact he was Reeves' favourite strike partner speaks volumes
Full time and proud of it

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 01:46:35 PM »

I try to avoid Deva Chat, but I will just say that I know somebody who worked with Michael Twiss after he finished his playing career, and he was quite proud of his time with us and talked about some fantastic goal he scored for us. I don't remember that, and the second hand details were vague. To be fair, and possibly controversial, I don't think he was bad as all that, but a disappointment considering his high reputation.

For the record, his post football job had nothing whatsoever to do with pies. ;D

Well, he's only got nine goals in two seasons with Alty to choose from....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

onetoothsdad

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 01:07:36 PM »

If l remember correctly, immediately after a Fleetwood fan shouted out that we were crap our goalie cleared the ball and their big fat centre half rose like a blue whale leaping from the ocean and totally missed it leaving Twiss to superbly lob their keeper and score a fabulous goal?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 07:13:47 PM »

If l remember correctly, immediately after a Fleetwood fan shouted out that we were crap our goalie cleared the ball and their big fat centre half rose like a blue whale leaping from the ocean and totally missed it leaving Twiss to superbly lob their keeper and score a fabulous goal?

This must be the one...

From John Laidlar's match report:

ALTRINCHAM (0) 1 FLEETWOOD TOWN (0) 0

Blue Square Bet Premier

played on Saturday, 16 October 2010, at 3pm

A Fleetwood attack then ended with Coburn gaining possession and his long clearance found Twiss in the inside left position.

The Alty striker took the ball down well, turned and lifted a shot over the keeper into the net to record his first Altrincham goal (60 mins).

Alty's winner came out of nothing as a long ball up the middle from Coburn was well controlled by Twiss who took his goal expertly, lifting his shot into the net on the hour mark.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

onetoothsdad

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 07:34:24 PM »

This must be the one...

Blue Square Bet Premier

A Fleetwood attack then ended with Coburn gaining possession and his long clearance found Twiss in the inside left position.

The Alty striker took the ball down well, turned and lifted a shot over the keeper into the net to record his first Altrincham goal (60 mins).

Alty's winner came out of nothing as a long ball up the middle from Coburn was well controlled by Twiss who took his goal expertly, lifting his shot into the net on the hour mark.

Yes that's the one. Unfortunately Mr Laidlar's report omitted the shout from the Fleetwood end and the fat centre halfs whale like leap

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 07:56:55 PM »

This must be the one...

Blue Square Bet Premier

Yes that's the one. Unfortunately Mr Laidlar's report omitted the shout from the Fleetwood end and the fat centre halfs whale like leap

That corpulent defender was one Steve McNulty, now of York City.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2020, 10:06:20 PM »

There was a framed picture of that goal in the VP lounge until relatively recently.....it may even still be there.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2020, 10:10:22 PM »

As well as the goal against Fleetwood referred to below, Michael Twiss also scored an excellent goal at Bath City around October 2010 to put us 2-0 up in the 2nd half.Bath bombed us after that & England's Number 1 had to produce a brilliant save in the dying minutes to enable us to come away with a 2-2 draw.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 10:14:16 PM by Brian Flynn »

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2020, 12:23:10 AM »

As well as the goal against Fleetwood referred to below, Michael Twiss also scored an excellent goal at Bath City around October 2010 to put us 2-0 up in the 2nd half.Bath bombed us after that & England's Number 1 had to produce a brilliant save in the dying minutes to enable us to come away with a 2-2 draw.

I remember that game at Bath City very well, I feel, including Stuart Coburn's save, which was one of the best I have ever seen, as Bath came storming back.

I have somehow managed to erase Michael Twiss's goal from my memory, though. That probably says something about how memory works and how we remember the efforts of good players and the mistakes of poorer ones. Maybe.

Still, he seems to have scored more brilliant goals than he could even remember himself in his conversations with his workmate.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team