PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kettering Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Kettering Match Thread  (Read 15028 times)

salealty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kettering Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2020, 05:44:36 PM »

Our passing today was woeful. Kettering looked good going forward but that was mainly because we gave them the ball in dangerous places.

The referee was bad but consistent so both sets of supporters were moaning at him. Not sure how Hulme got booked for being mugged in the box.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2020, 05:48:10 PM »

Kettering did close us down very well but our passing was still mostly awful even without that. Worst home performance for some time but says something that at least we didn't lose.
Thought Lundstram did well and maybe we are better at corners. First half was mostly garbage though.
Keep playing like that and kiss your play-offs goodbye.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2020, 05:51:15 PM »

I thought the ref had an ok game, though not sure what Jordan did to get booked. We do have alot of Alty fans who start having a go at the ref if an opposing player dares to touch an Alty player or if an Alty player hits the deck. They don't seem to realise that we do have a few players who look for free kicks too easily, Mahon you can see already, is one of those players.
Also in the second half when the ref let play go on when the linesman flagged for offside, the ref got a load of stick, when he was right. The linesman thought the Kettering no 7 was going to collect a pass when he was offside, but he left it for another Kettering player, who wasn't offside and so the linesman was wrong and the ref was right. A fair few Alty fans dont know the offside rule.
As for the game I thought a draw was a fair result. We improved 2nd half after a really poor 1st half, but I can't remember their keeper making a save. Thought they were not a bad team and really well organised at the back.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2020, 05:59:25 PM »

I thought the ref had an ok game, though not sure what Jordan did to get booked. We do have alot of Alty fans who start having a go at the ref if an opposing player dares to touch an Alty player or if an Alty player hits the deck. They don't seem to realise that we do have a few players who look for free kicks too easily, Mahon you can see already, is one of those players.
Also in the second half when the ref let play go on when the linesman flagged for offside, the ref got a load of stick, when he was right. The linesman thought the Kettering no 7 was going to collect a pass when he was offside, but he left it for another Kettering player, who wasn't offside and so the linesman was wrong and the ref was right. A fair few Alty fans dont know the offside rule.
As for the game I thought a draw was a fair result. We improved 2nd half after a really poor 1st half, but I can't remember their keeper making a save. Thought they were not a bad team and really well organised at the back.

What are the rules for taking a throw then? I know all players steal a few yards but their number 2 was taking the p***. I heard the lino tell another fan that it was the ref's call and that there was nothing he could do!

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2020, 06:05:42 PM »

We were due a bad game. They were well organised defensively but too many of our players weren't on their game today. The wind played a part but its the same for both teams. I'd have liked Mooney to drift out wide a bit more and stretch their defensive marking. Got to be happy with a point all things considered, we'll play better and lose.

Respectfully I disagree as we had a poor game at Gateshead on 18/01. Performances like these are the difference between second and third place, and seventh. We cannot afford one of these each month.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2020, 06:40:42 PM »

Hopefully just a bad day at the office, didnt agree with motm thought Mahon was ok ish but totally different to jj.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2020, 06:52:14 PM »

Worse first half Ive seen in a long time. Much improved 2nd half and a draw was about right. Fair play to Telford who closed us down, got in our faces and kicked fuk out of us. Aided by the worse ref we've had this century I must add

Lungstrum was mom closely followed by Mahon. Jones, Hampson and Hancock want dragging in Sunday for passing practice.

My unbeaten (in 90 minuets) still stands, but only just
Full time and proud of it

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2020, 06:56:48 PM »

A couple of their fans I spoke to separately at Kettering last week were unanimous that they played better away. They proved that this afternoon. They closed us down very effectively (if not always legally !) and I suspect they're on the M6 now considering it as two points lost.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2020, 07:13:55 PM »

Everything has already been said that sums up our woeful performance.  If we are to entertain any idea of the playoffs we must do (very) much better than that essentially poor effort today.  The passing was terrible, we gifted them the ball so many times that I lost count, and not for the first game this season either.

Anyway  ...forgotten about it already.  We can (and will) bounce back on Tuesday.  COYR.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2020, 07:42:01 PM »

Two things spoilt the game today.
1, The weather
2. The Ref.. (not for the first time)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2020, 07:53:07 PM »

Not that I went but back from behind, unbeaten home league record of 14 games and 1350 in. I hear the squad may be being strengthened again in the next day or so too. Not all bad lads but definitely need something out of Spenny on Tuesday night.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2020, 08:38:39 PM »

Good point today as I didn't think we would get anything as we were poor .

The "organization" at the turnstiles was woewful.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was told the away turnstiles were closed ??

Tempers were frayed at 310pm when the game has started with a 10 minute wait to get in . Joke

A gentleman came up to me in the queue and told me he had offered to man the turnstiles at 2pm and was refused

Offering a incentive to floating fans to show up with no organization . So Alty 
ParkINson's red and white army

Matt Taylor

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2020, 09:34:35 PM »

Kettering were better than us throughout but they never really looked like scoring a second.

Not too sure about that. That lad at 10, thankfully, missed a couple of late chances for them when they got back on top, and I thought they had a fairly decent penalty shout with 5 mins to go.
But agree with the rest of it, if we can still pick up points on the odd occasion we play as badly as that (bar a decent 20 mins after HT), then we’re doing ok. Will need to to be much better on Tuesday mind.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2020, 10:37:01 PM »

Kettering were better than us throughout but they never really looked like scoring a second.

Not too sure about that. That lad at 10, thankfully, missed a couple of late chances for them when they got back on top, and I thought they had a fairly decent penalty shout with 5 mins to go.
But agree with the rest of it, if we can still pick up points on the odd occasion we play as badly as that (bar a decent 20 mins after HT), then we’re doing ok. Will need to to be much better on Tuesday mind.

It was disappointing to see a couple of lads, clearly new visitors to Moss Lane, asking at the turnstiles at 2:40pm if they could pay by card and being told to find a cashpoint. If the e-ticketing system is in operation there should at least be a flyer by the turnstiles with the web address.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2020, 10:55:00 PM »

The situation at the turnstiles really needs addressing quickly - these problems are being reported repeatedly.
If I’m not mistaken, today there were 2 turnstiles open between the main and family stands and 2 on the Golf Road end. This is the same as the Telford game on Tuesday despite the crowd today being 500+ bigger. I’ve used the e-ticket option a lot and even that’s proving problematic due to technical issues.
Pretty sure that we regularly used to have 8 turnstiles open. I suspect that we’ve lost volunteers and wonder why this might be.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kettering Match Thread