PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kettering Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Kettering Match Thread  (Read 14643 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kettering Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2020, 12:14:38 AM »

Good point today as I didn't think we would get anything as we were poor .

The "organization" at the turnstiles was woewful.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was told the away turnstiles were closed ??

Tempers were frayed at 310pm when the game has started with a 10 minute wait to get in . Joke

A gentleman came up to me in the queue and told me he had offered to man the turnstiles at 2pm and was refused

Offering a incentive to floating fans to show up with no organization . So Alty 

Wayno, you know as a loyal fan, Turnstiles are open next to the stand at one thirty, if not before.
The away fans found them no problem in getting in.
As one price to get in the ground, anybody can use them.
Get there early,  or use the stand turnstiles. Simple.
As Mrs Warbouys says, get an e-ticket , job done.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2020, 02:41:04 AM »

And if you’re a season ticket holder?.......

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2020, 08:33:27 AM »

The situation at the turnstiles really needs addressing quickly - these problems are being reported repeatedly.
If I’m not mistaken, today there were 2 turnstiles open between the main and family stands and 2 on the Golf Road end. This is the same as the Telford game on Tuesday despite the crowd today being 500+ bigger. I’ve used the e-ticket option a lot and even that’s proving problematic due to technical issues.
Pretty sure that we regularly used to have 8 turnstiles open. I suspect that we’ve lost volunteers and wonder why this might be.
we have lost volunteers because despite being fantastic at community work we have lost touch with the fan base that wanted to help the club . And a number of old volunteers have been treated in a very poor manner
Come on you red and white........

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2020, 08:37:36 AM »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was told the away turnstiles were closed ??

Tempers were frayed at 310pm when the game has started with a 10 minute wait to get in . Joke

A gentleman came up to me in the queue and told me he had offered to man the turnstiles at 2pm and was refused

Wayno, you know as a loyal fan, Turnstiles are open next to the stand at one thirty, if not before.

well excuse me for wanting a beer before the game with my mates . I am the customer and I will arrive at the gate when I choose . The stand turnstiles were as bad due to the away Gates being closed . Awful organization .

Also what about the floating fans how are they supposed to know or expect this  lack or organization ??
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 08:41:56 AM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2020, 09:26:37 AM »

if you are suggesting fans should arrive early because we can't cope well with a 1,300 odd crowd then that's totally sending the wrong signals; taking the regulars for granted and a poor experience for the floaters and first timers who we want to come back.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2020, 09:52:44 AM »

if you are suggesting fans should arrive early because we can't cope well with a 1,300 odd crowd then that's totally sending the wrong signals; taking the regulars for granted and a poor experience for the floaters and first timers who we want to come back.
this was my point made better than I did thanks . Really the kick off should have been delayed for people to be allowed into the game

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2020, 11:00:25 AM »

Kettering were better than us throughout but they never really looked like scoring a second.

Not too sure about that. That lad at 10, thankfully, missed a couple of late chances for them when they got back on top, and I thought they had a fairly decent penalty shout with 5 mins to go.
But agree with the rest of it, if we can still pick up points on the odd occasion we play as badly as that (bar a decent 20 mins after HT), then we’re doing ok. Will need to to be much better on Tuesday mind.

It was disappointing to see a couple of lads, clearly new visitors to Moss Lane, asking at the turnstiles at 2:40pm if they could pay by card and being told to find a cashpoint. If the e-ticketing system is in operation there should at least be a flyer by the turnstiles with the web address.

In this day and age, a NFC chip next to the turnstile to tap your phone on with a URL printed should be at the corner of the ground, anyone in the queue should be directed to it.

It should be more prominent on the homepage as at 2.30 I had to click through to find it.

We were offered e ticket gates a few years back by a sponsor which I put to the club but it was turned down, but should be reconsidered.

Or a dedicated appeal for turnstile operators.
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2020, 11:18:16 AM »

well excuse me for wanting a beer before the game with my mates . I am the customer and I will arrive at the gate when I choose .

Of course it's your choice whether you want to roll up at 2.59 and expect to stroll in. Is there some reason why you and your mates can't drink in the CSH or use the craft beer hut ?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2020, 11:51:18 AM »

E-ticketing doesn't actually help you get in that much quicker if there's a queue. It's only really the same as having the right money. I was fortunate that at the moment I arrived at the turnstiles a steward showed some common sense and let season ticket holders in through the side gate. I haven't got a lot of sympathy for people who turn up at two minutes to three and expect to walk straight in, and I include myself in that.

And from where I was standing at the top of the Chequers end with a clear view of people coming in through the Gold Road turnstile I would say most people had got into the ground before 3pm anyway.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2020, 11:56:03 AM »

well excuse me for wanting a beer before the game with my mates . I am the customer and I will arrive at the gate when I choose .

Of course it's your choice whether you want to roll up at 2.59 and expect to stroll in. Is there some reason why you and your mates can't drink in the CSH or use the craft beer hut ?
I think your missing the point . I didnt want too. I drink at the hut during the game but not before it . My point is as it's been made elsewhere is we lack organization and forward planning

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2020, 11:56:56 AM »

E-ticketing doesn't actually help you get in that much quicker if there's a queue. It's only really the same as having the right money. I was fortunate that at the moment I arrived at the turnstiles a steward showed some common sense and let season ticket holders in through the side gate. I haven't got a lot of sympathy for people who turn up at two minutes to three and expect to walk straight in, and I include myself in that.

And from where I was standing at the top of the Chequers end with a clear view of people coming in through the Gold Road turnstile I would say most people had got into the ground before 3pm anyway.
I was outside the ground at 310pm trust me there were at least 100 still trying to get in

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2020, 12:36:38 PM »

Can I thank you all for your patience yesterday, and please accept our apologies for the delays in accessing the ground.  We are looking at ways to improve the situation, to increase the number of turnstile operators, to accelerate access for season ticket and e-ticket holders and in doing so improving access to the ground for all supporters.  Yesterday was the first time the e-ticketing system worked flawlessly - with both scanner working; and when we opened the gate beside turnstiles 5 and 6 for season ticket and e-ticket holders, I got 22 e-ticket holders through in 4 minutes; significantly faster than turnstile entry.

We've got some big games coming up - Kings Lynn are next in town, and Chester and Boston United are not too far behind. 

Thank you for your continued excellent support.  We will get this right.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2020, 12:49:01 PM »

Can I thank you all for your patience yesterday, and please accept our apologies for the delays in accessing the ground.  We are looking at ways to improve the situation, to increase the number of turnstile operators, to accelerate access for season ticket and e-ticket holders and in doing so improving access to the ground for all supporters.  Yesterday was the first time the e-ticketing system worked flawlessly - with both scanner working; and when we opened the gate beside turnstiles 5 and 6 for season ticket and e-ticket holders, I got 22 e-ticket holders through in 4 minutes; significantly faster than turnstile entry.

We've got some big games coming up - Kings Lynn are next in town, and Chester and Boston United are not too far behind. 

Between this and Libero, I don't have to worry about cash - which as someone that doesn't carry cash regularly is of great benefit.

I do wish there was a plan B Bill. Could we speak to the ticket about if they have an app version of their qr scanner or ticket scanner, that way a selection of the 5 to 3 brigade including myself can help scan others through if they've got tickets?
It's all my fault.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2020, 01:42:42 PM »

thanks for the post 👍

Alty5678

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2020, 01:55:30 PM »

I'm sure things could be improved, as with anything, but if there are still 100 outside at 3:10pm it is probably safe to say at least another 100 got through in the fifteen minutes preceeding this? That means at least 15% of the crowd trying to get in five minutes before kick off.

This volume/percentage of total crowd would cause timely entry issues anywhere. Replicate this up the road and do you think it'd be any smoother if 12k fans turned up five minutes before kick off at Old Trafford? They wouldn't all get in for kick off either, the same for any sports arena/show/cinema etc.

It's personal choice what time anyone gets to the ground or drinks beforehand, but it can't be expected that volunteers man additional turnstiles only from 2:50pm onwards, when that appears to be the only time there is a bottleneck and problems with speedy entry. For the size of attendance, the number of open turnstiles seems to be fine until the last minute rush.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kettering Match Thread