News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pitch Inspection | Altrincham v King's Lynn Town

Author Topic: Pitch Inspection | Altrincham v King's Lynn Town  (Read 3586 times)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Pitch Inspection | Altrincham v King's Lynn Town
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 03:18:43 PM »

It’s a shame there’s not been a call for volunteers, standing water won’t shift itself. And the covers are supposed to be easy to deploy according to the company website . If not then a call for manpower on Wednesday wouldn’t have gone amiss

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 03:24:13 PM »

Thought the idea was to deploy the covers before it rains...

Not good if this is off will mean a Tuesday Night Game with 600 in Attendance huge loss of money for the Club.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 04:32:09 PM »

I would imagine that the water table would be so high the pitch would be at risk of waterlogging even with the drainage and covers.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 04:40:22 PM »

It would be good if the club could give the fans some general guidance about when and how often the pitch covers are being used. We did help to pay for them after all. My perception is that, for whatever reason, we have barely used them since we acquired them and they’re beginning to seem like a white elephant.

I doubt there’s anything that could have been done to get the game on tomorrow but saying ‘we can’t use the thing designed to stop water getting on the pitch because of all the water on the pitch’ makes us sound pretty dumb.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 06:15:47 PM by Leon »

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 05:42:05 PM »

Reading the article it doesn't look hopeful for tomorrow, even more so that given we are playing a team based over 150 miles away, any decision would probably err on the side of caution, if come tomorrow morning, the pitch is 50/50 playable.
Agree with the other post about the club giving details as to when the covers are being used, as given the amount of rain recently, logically you would think they would have been on for as much as possible ever since the Kettering game.
Extra disappointing as the crowd would probably have been comfortably above 1500, particularly as City are playing at 5.30 and Utd playing tomorrow, and of course, more than likely just half that on a Tuesday night.

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 06:46:46 PM »

Sounds like there's no chance the game will be on tomorrow, which is a real shame.

Given the extreme conditions these last two weeks, overnight, and tomorrow, to be fair not sure having the covers on would make much difference.

I was really looking forward to this one, for all the reasons given by others re big crowd, great chance to test ourselves against the 'best' etc etc.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 08:22:59 PM »

The bottom line is quite simply that the pitch has been an ongoing problem for years. I would expect the club have lost tens of thousands in lost revenue over time.
If The Ten Year Plan is ever going to come to fruition then the Pitch needs to be first and foremost on the Agenda.

It seems to me that it needs digging out to quite a depth and all the stagnant crap that restricts the drains working effectively is removed.

Before any one says,  Am I going to pay for the work to be done.... The answer is Not unless I have a big win on the Horses or my premium bond comes in...

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2020, 10:03:11 PM »

"There is some standing water at the Golf Road End, which has prevented using the covers." From JL's site

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2020, 10:34:34 PM »

The bottom line is quite simply that the pitch has been an ongoing problem for years. I would expect the club have lost tens of thousands in lost revenue over time.
If The Ten Year Plan is ever going to come to fruition then the Pitch needs to be first and foremost on the Agenda.

It seems to me that it needs digging out to quite a depth and all the stagnant crap that restricts the drains working effectively is removed.

Before any one says,  Am I going to pay for the work to be done.... The answer is Not unless I have a big win on the Horses or my premium bond comes in...
Thanks Ray

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2020, 10:37:38 PM »

It’s a shame there’s not been a call for volunteers, standing water won’t shift itself. And the covers are supposed to be easy to deploy according to the company website . If not then a call for manpower on Wednesday wouldn’t have gone amiss
Pete,
Utd should have been playing Wednesday night.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pitch Inspection | Altrincham v King's Lynn Town