News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hereford v Alty Highlights

Author Topic: Hereford v Alty Highlights  (Read 4517 times)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 01, 2020, 02:31:23 PM »

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/club-info/630452

Poor quality.  Also on Official site.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hereford v Alty Highlights
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 02:44:23 PM »

Two very nice finshes.

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 03:49:47 PM »

I was there and am really glad to see the replay of the goals. They were nice finishes. Good cross from Dan Mooney after he had switched wings for the first. I think it was his first big contribution to the game! I hadn't realised what a good strike it was from Durrell. Again the shot from long range leading to the second goal by Hulme was quality, as was Richman's very quick reaction.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 04:02:59 PM »

Two very good finishes.

Full time and proud of it

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 10:14:52 PM »

Great goal but Durrell's defending at 1:35 was sadly well below the effort that has typified this team.  Two or three times as that attack built up he just stopped and watched while he fiddled with his socks.  He's the left midfielder and the right back is completely free and it wasn't the only time.  I know he's scoring goals and that's great, but he needs to adapt his attitude to that of the rest of team.  Arguing with Hampson and telling what he should have been doing isn't smart either, you're the new guy and you aren't in any position to arguing with how others defend!

I'd still pick him at the moment but he'd be on a warning

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 09:10:55 AM »

Great goal but Durrell's defending at 1:35 was sadly well below the effort that has typified this team.  Two or three times as that attack built up he just stopped and watched while he fiddled with his socks.  He's the left midfielder and the right back is completely free and it wasn't the only time.  I know he's scoring goals and that's great, but he needs to adapt his attitude to that of the rest of team.  Arguing with Hampson and telling what he should have been doing isn't smart either, you're the new guy and you aren't in any position to arguing with how others defend!

...would have been a bit weird to give him a warning at this stage to be honest

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 09:49:20 AM »

Great goal but Durrell's defending at 1:35 was sadly well below the effort that has typified this team.  Two or three times as that attack built up he just stopped and watched while he fiddled with his socks.  He's the left midfielder and the right back is completely free and it wasn't the only time.  I know he's scoring goals and that's great, but he needs to adapt his attitude to that of the rest of team.  Arguing with Hampson and telling what he should have been doing isn't smart either, you're the new guy and you aren't in any position to arguing with how others defend!

A lad who hasn't played 2 full games yet, with 3 goals, be given a warning haha. Some people. Plus he will be getting fit.

Mooney was awful on Sat so does he need a warning aswell....

onetoothsdad

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 01:02:47 PM »

A warning after scoring 3 goals in less than 2 games hahaha what a knob you are xx

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 01:19:52 PM »

A warning after scoring 3 goals in less than 2 games hahaha what a knob you are xx

Valid question to ask is why the lad is doing his laces (or whatever it was) when they're so close to goal.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 01:46:22 PM »

Valid question to ask is why the lad is doing his laces (or whatever it was) when they're so close to goal.

Look, he's clearly going to come with his frustrations as a 'mercurial talent' (to use Football Manager lingo) - but he's miles different to anything else we have in the squad.

And you can bet your bottom dollar he'll be fired up against the likes of Chester and York in the playoffs if we were to get them.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 06:57:57 PM »

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I did not mean a formal warning (obviously!) I meant I’d be warning him is place in the starting XI was at risk if he keeps taking a breather when he should be defending. The team’s togetherness is a big part of why it works and he’s putting that at risk if he continues his mercurial talent attitude.  It was not just a lack of determination or fitness but a visible display of “I can’t be arsed to even walk in the right direction”.

It’s no good being worth a goal a game at one end if you cost us half a dozen chances at the other. Admittedly Hereford weren’t good enough to take advantage but the better teams will be
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team