PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kids at games
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Kids at games  (Read 8288 times)

LymmRobin

Kids at games
« on: March 08, 2020, 10:58:54 AM »

As much as I enjoyed the game yesterday, it was spoilt somewhat by a group of unsupervised kids throwing chips and chasing each other around the Golf Road end during the first half. At one point, one of them hit his head on a barrier. How would we stand legally if he'd seriously hurt himself? Shouldn't we require supporters under 16s to be supervised by an adult?

AltyFan101

Re: Kids at games
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 02:29:21 PM »

How old were they because it sounds quite harsh to say 14 and 15 year-olds cannot attend unaccompanied.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 02:34:58 PM »

AltyFan101

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 02:45:25 PM »

A lot of my friends are under-16 but weren't involved in what you are talking about so what about them?

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 02:49:49 PM »

I started going to Alty as an eleven year old on my own. Stupidity from.some should not reflect on all.

Is this something the Stewards could diplomatically resolve with a stern word in the ring leaders ear?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 04:03:57 PM »

Kids will be kids, often see them fighting. I find it a distraction also, when I am trying to concentrate on the game and what is going on the pitch so know where you are coming from. If you say anything to them, like concentrate on the match, you are considered a miserable adult.

Agree is can be annoying sometimes, and their parents are never close by, or bother putting a stop to it.

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 06:09:52 PM »

Kids will be kids, often see them fighting. I find it a distraction also, when I am trying to concentrate on the game and what is going on the pitch so know where you are coming from. If you say anything to them, like concentrate on the match, you are considered a miserable adult.

Agree is can be annoying sometimes, and their parents are never close by, or bother putting a stop to it.

That's because there Parents drop them of at the ground then sod off for a couple of hours put them with the Chester fans next home game they will soon start behaving.

buchanj9

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 07:26:31 PM »

That's because there Parents drop them of at the ground then sod off for a couple of hours put them with the Chester fans next home game they will soon start behaving.

What a great attitude to have towards the next generation of supporters

AltyFan101

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 07:31:39 PM »

Don't mean to sound rude but is it not possible to stand somewhere else?

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 07:46:17 PM »

What a great attitude to have towards the next generation of supporters

I am all for welcoming the next generation of supporters however I have been a supporter of this club for 35 years and have stood in the same area for almost all of that time I come to the game to watch the football without having to take cover for stray chips flying found the golf road remember a few seasons ago when the teenagers turned up smoking weed drinking and picking fights with away fans no doubt if we are successful this season these idiots will turn up again for a one of game to cause trouble I am going over old ground here but yes of course I welcome the new generation but if you cannot behave then dont bother.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2020, 07:59:47 PM »

Would you pop their football if it came in your garden  :D

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2020, 08:02:47 PM »

Yes ;)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2020, 09:42:21 PM »

Yes ;)

Quite right too!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 10:50:46 PM »

Ban the lot of them I say . Who needs these young people at the club . Not us
ParkINson's red and white army

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2020, 07:31:33 AM »

I started attending Alty matches regularly when I was about 10.  I came on my own or with a couple of pals.  I don't think that I ever behaved in a way that annoyed others around me, but maybe, a times, I did.  I'm now in my 50's and have a season ticket; I attend with my son who is in his early teens.  While sometimes the behaviour of our younger supporters can be rather irksome, we should be pleased that they want to come to watch Alty rather than support a Poem team.  If ever I've felt the need to say something to our younger supporters (very rarely), I've done so and had a positive response.

If we're looking to quash inappropriate behaviour, we should maybe have a word with the one or two (adult) supporters among our cohort who insist on using the most offensive language to remonstrate with the referee, or oppo.  For many, their behaviour will be far more of an irritant, yet we seem to consider that just a normal part of the match day experience.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kids at games