PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kids at games
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kids at games  (Read 8358 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kids at games
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2020, 07:57:28 AM »

I started attending Alty matches regularly when I was about 10.  I came on my own or with a couple of pals.  I don't think that I ever behaved in a way that annoyed others around me, but maybe, a times, I did.  I'm now in my 50's and have a season ticket; I attend with my son who is in his early teens.  While sometimes the behaviour of our younger supporters can be rather irksome, we should be pleased that they want to come to watch Alty rather than support a Poem team.  If ever I've felt the need to say something to our younger supporters (very rarely), I've done so and had a positive response.

If we're looking to quash inappropriate behaviour, we should maybe have a word with the one or two (adult) supporters among our cohort who insist on using the most offensive language to remonstrate with the referee, or oppo.  For many, their behaviour will be far more of an irritant, yet we seem to consider that just a normal part of the match day experience.
I'm pretty certain from the documentary that our management team swear . So that's the management and kids gone . Who's next
Come on you red and white........

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2020, 12:06:50 PM »

My language can be terrible at football matches. I am a very poor example to myself.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2020, 01:03:00 PM »

If we're looking to quash inappropriate behaviour, we should maybe have a word with the one or two (adult) supporters among our cohort who insist on using the most offensive language to remonstrate with the referee, or oppo.  For many, their behaviour will be far more of an irritant, yet we seem to consider that just a normal part of the match day experience.

It's a football match you are going to hear some industrial language. I'd say however considerably less and certainly not threatening stuff like at many other places. 95% of the time the ground is safe and welcoming to all.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

andrewflynn

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2020, 01:59:19 PM »

My language can be terrible at football matches. I am a very poor example to myself.

Ditto.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2020, 03:21:32 PM »

Sat in the stand on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed the game. Yes there were youngsters running around ( a little irritating yes) but they were just being youngsters. No more irritating that people taking their seats way after the second half had started.  Probably due to the queues at the bar! There were two people behind me constantly talking about inheritance tax which also was irritating. I would welcome a talk on the subject but not between 3pm and 5pm on a Saturday afternoon! SBL

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2020, 06:50:47 PM »

Sat in the stand on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed the game. Yes there were youngsters running around ( a little irritating yes) but they were just being youngsters. No more irritating that people taking their seats way after the second half had started.  Probably due to the queues at the bar! There were two people behind me constantly talking about inheritance tax which also was irritating. I would welcome a talk on the subject but not between 3pm and 5pm on a Saturday afternoon! SBL
as we prioritise banning lists the people discussing tax during the game are at the top of the list please
ParkINson's red and white army

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2020, 08:45:52 PM »

One of my bugbears at matches is people chatting and taking no interest in the game. Each to their own though. The beauty of non-league football is that if someone is irritating you you can always go and stand somewhere else.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2020, 10:21:34 AM »

One of my bugbears at matches is people chatting and taking no interest in the game. Each to their own though. The beauty of non-league football is that if someone is irritating you you can always go and stand somewhere else.

I must admit me and my mates are sometimes stood there having a good chat about families, jobs etc - but we use Alty as a perfect excuse to catach up really.

We've normally done most of it by half time and we'll concentrate in silence after that  :D

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2020, 10:50:49 AM »

I'm really quite immune to banal yapping going on around me while I'm concentrating on more important matters (Ive been married twice), but I  do get totally pissed off by unattended small children running up and down the terraces. If you're bringing kids under 8 to the match, they should be with you at all times. If you can't control them, leave them at home to watch Cbeebies. Failing that sit in the Family Stand.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2020, 11:32:40 AM »

What worries me more than anything else is when kids run uncontrolled round the terraces. It only takes one kid to trip and fall or get pushed over by another child, and land on that heavy concrete terracing for quite bad injuries to be sustained. I have seen on odd occasions, parents just letting their kids get on with it.

Please parents, monitor your children and supervise them. They are your responsibility, not the clubs.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2020, 11:43:42 AM »

Please parents, monitor your children and supervise them. They are your responsibility.

That covers all aspects of life.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2020, 12:25:38 PM »

The shout of 'line it' (although I don't think I've heard this season) no matter where the player was, wound me most. Closely followed by 'just get rid of it'.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 01:43:43 PM by robininstockport »
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kids at games