PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Chester  (Read 5339 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Chester
« on: March 11, 2020, 10:32:42 PM »

There is a detailed account of security and ticket arrangements for the Chester game on the club's website now.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chester
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 10:42:16 PM »

That sounds a very comprehensive plan.

One flash point seems to be after the game with hundreds all heading in various directions. The junction of Moss Lane and Golf Road needs a police presence.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 11:18:04 PM »

Full credit to the Board. That’s a very detailed piece of work and should ensure any potential flash points are nipped in the bud.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 01:04:24 AM »

Agreed, all very detailed. One point is that as far as I’m aware the away end holds 1400+ so given that plus the family stand, why is there any need to include the pop side in a cap of 1500 away fans.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 02:22:36 AM »

Agreed, all very detailed. One point is that as far as I’m aware the away end holds 1400+ so given that plus the family stand, why is there any need to include the pop side in a cap of 1500 away fans.

This.

I don't want to watch the match from the half way line. Giving Chester that roof increases the effectiveness of their fans which we've already seen get Decisions against us.

Such a strong statement let down by giving them the knowledge that would have that space. They'll be going in that corner regarded of whether it's 1200 or 1500 now.
It's all my fault.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 03:33:59 AM »

I would guess that corner will only be made available to away fans if ticket sales have exceeded the 1,000 mark otherwise the normal segregation and sterile area will be in place

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 08:15:53 AM »

I would guess that corner will only be made available to away fans if ticket sales have exceeded the 1,000 mark otherwise the normal segregation and sterile area will be in place

Chester fans will enter that area with that statement. I'd like to be proven wrong.
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 08:30:55 AM »

This is my only grievance.

In a game of this magnitude we should not be extending the away end beyond its official capacity, to allow for more visiting supporters, ultimately for the sake of a few extra quid. I don't expect them to bring over 1,400 anyway but fair play if they do.

There's plenty of tickets and Chester can have no issue with the reasoning behind the decision to make their end 'all ticket.' If they don't like it, they should direct their frustration at their minority of thugs who've spoiled it for what I'm sure is a majority of sound travelling fans. Their behaviour has gotten progressively worse across their last three visits, culminating in disgusting scenes at the FA Cup game (which I'm shocked haven't been made more of, did we even report this?) so it's a sensible and welcomed decision from the club IMO. Well done.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2020, 08:58:09 AM »

According to today's newspapers we will be playing behind closed doors by the weekend. Wait and see what Boris announces this afternoon.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2020, 09:08:34 AM »

Think it should be postponed rather than closed doors if it comes to it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2020, 10:32:49 AM »

Chester fans will enter that area with that statement. I'd like to be proven wrong.

They won’t if it’s gated off, the segregation will be at the normal area, the end of the chequers end unless they sell north of a thousand tickets

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2020, 10:48:50 AM »

They won’t if it’s gated off, the segregation will be at the normal area, the end of the chequers end unless they sell north of a thousand tickets

Two dibble in that corner and Chester'll do nish. Fact. Easy for them to bully volunteer stewards and a few 15 year olds at the last game.

AltyFan101

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2020, 04:50:30 PM »

Only have two problems with what the board has said:

1) Pop stand but that has already been discussed so no need for me to say anything

2) Many of the (trouble-making) Chester fans come and go to Manchester Piccadilly via the Metrolink and that is also how many Alty fans get home so what will be done to combat this?

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 05:08:53 PM »

2) Many of the (trouble-making) Chester fans come and go to Manchester Piccadilly via the Metrolink and that is also how many Alty fans get home so what will be done to combat this?

Why would they go to Manchester to get from/to Chester when there is a direct train from/to Chester calling at Alty every hour?  Manchester is in the opposite direction and adds to the journey considerably.

Or have I missed something?

AltyFan101

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2020, 05:58:40 PM »

Why would they go to Manchester to get from/to Chester when there is a direct train from/to Chester calling at Alty every hour?  Manchester is in the opposite direction and adds to the journey considerably.

Or have I missed something?

Ahh yes, my mistake, the point still stands though with both Chester and Alty fans making their way to the game from Altrincham town centre.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester