News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fund Raising Idea

Author Topic: Fund Raising Idea  (Read 4086 times)

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Fund Raising Idea
« on: March 22, 2020, 03:07:05 PM »

I was watching my son the other night on his X-box playing football with his his mate and I thought came to me to help get some funds into the club.

I have no idea if this is possible but why not set up a football competition for fans to play games against each other (not limited to just fans) ask your friends and their friends ETC even get our players and Management involved.

Lets say for example 20 Pounds per Entry obviously no money involved for the eventual winner.

All a bit of fun in these unprecedented times and all done from the comfort of your home so no interaction or risk to anyone.

I don't have PlayStation or X -box but I have no problem donating 20 Pounds for a worthy cause.

Thoughts???

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fund Raising Idea
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 03:50:19 PM »

How about we take a punt on the next match day (friendly / League)
£5 into the club. Winner gets free entry pie or drink.

It's all my fault.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 11:30:19 PM »

Could AltyTV create a website where people pay £10 a month to watch the full re run of previous games at their leisure? For the time being Alty ‘classic’ matches could be shown at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. I’d enjoy watching the Guiseley playoff final again in full this Saturday and would gladly pay to do so. The club could choose 3 or 4 games on a Monday and give the fans the vote as to which game would be shown on the Saturday on the designated subscription website.

AltyFan101

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 11:57:15 PM »

Don't hear this often but last Saturday Chester did something which I thought was great and held a quiz for all their fans with £10 fee I think.  Thought it was a great idea for a fundraiser and Alty may be able to implement something similar.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 12:33:17 PM »

Could AltyTV create a website where people pay £10 a month to watch the full re run of previous games at their leisure? For the time being Alty ‘classic’ matches could be shown at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. I’d enjoy watching the Guiseley playoff final again in full this Saturday and would gladly pay to do so. The club could choose 3 or 4 games on a Monday and give the fans the vote as to which game would be shown on the Saturday on the designated subscription website.

Best idea yet.
Full time and proud of it

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 10:26:25 PM »

Best idea yet.

Good idea!

man in the stand

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 11:09:45 AM »

More money saving than raising..A
Are the club eligible for exemption from business rates like shops etc? We must be paying about £10,000 a year...
Govt info say leisure clubs are in the scheme but it's not clear whether that would apply to Alty.
Also are Trafford prepared to offer Alty a rent "holiday" like many shops are seeking form their landlords??

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 11:29:27 AM »

Are the club eligible for exemption from business rates like shops etc? We must be paying about £10,000 a year...
Govt info say leisure clubs are in the scheme but it's not clear whether that would apply to Alty.
Also are Trafford prepared to offer Alty a rent "holiday" like many shops are seeking form their landlords??

I would hope it would at least apply to the community centre with the leisure/fitness activities that go on there.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 11:41:20 AM »

I think it has to be classed as a small business which I'm  not sure that afc is , depends on the ratebale value . Is another potential saving although i'm not sure part time footballers can be furloughed ?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 04:38:46 PM by Timperley The Best »

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 04:07:32 PM »

While I've no idea how to find my way around an Xbox, our younger supporters would no doubt relish the opportunity of entering a competition for which a small prize might be awarded.  If my son (14yrs) is anything to go by, they are all arranging something similar with their friends already, so it would seem an obvious and, likely, popular choice for a fund-raiser that goes some way to engage with our junior supporters.  Could operate with a call for entries followed by a knock competition, with a plate comp for first round losers so that they have a second chance.  Even with an entry fee of just £3, it could raise a tidy sum.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2020, 04:29:32 PM »

I think it has to be classed as a small business which I'm  not sure that afc is , depends on the ratebale value .Is furloughing is another potential saving although i'm not sure part time footballers can be furloughed ?
Providing we're not paying brown envelopes... you can claim any job up to 80% of 2.5k even if you have multiple jobs.
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 04:30:50 PM »

While I've no idea how to find my way around an Xbox, our younger supporters would no doubt relish the opportunity of entering a competition for which a small prize might be awarded.  If my son (14yrs) is anything to go by, they are all arranging something similar with their friends already, so it would seem an obvious and, likely, popular choice for a fund-raiser that goes some way to engage with our junior supporters.  Could operate with a call for entries followed by a knock competition, with a plate comp for first round losers so that they have a second chance.  Even with an entry fee of just £3, it could raise a tidy sum.

Good idea; not only is it a small money maker but a great way to encourage engagement amongst our younger fans

We have/had an ex-pro World Cup player who represents England who I'm sure could be the face of it; or we could invite the players to play.
It's all my fault.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fund Raising Idea