News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV

Author Topic: Alty TV  (Read 3953 times)

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Alty TV
« on: March 30, 2020, 11:13:46 PM »

Alty TV (along with RR) is the best coverage of football at this level. I don’t know if they volunteer or get paid for doing it but I don’t think they get enough recognition. I said on another post that the club should set up an Alty TV site where fans pay a monthly fee to have access to the site. The goals from games could still be aired free but the extended highlights and the game in full should have to be purchased. Player and manager interviews could be put on there as well as a Q&A with a different player each month (Soccer AM style) and kids could tweet questions to their favourite player. During the off season people could vote on which game is shown on a Saturday through the summer to keep the interest of fans.

This would be of benefit to exile fans who can only make it to a home game a handful of times per season, be a revenue stream for the club and also connect the fans and town to the club and players. Having seen the 10 year plan for the club I think this could benefit the profile of the club in the media

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty TV
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 08:32:04 AM »

Alty TV (along with RR) is the best coverage of football at this level. I don’t know if they volunteer or get paid for doing it but I don’t think they get enough recognition. I said on another post that the club should set up an Alty TV site where fans pay a monthly fee to have access to the site. The goals from games could still be aired free but the extended highlights and the game in full should have to be purchased. Player and manager interviews could be put on there as well as a Q&A with a different player each month (Soccer AM style) and kids could tweet questions to their favourite player. During the off season people could vote on which game is shown on a Saturday through the summer to keep the interest of fans.

This would be of benefit to exile fans who can only make it to a home game a handful of times per season, be a revenue stream for the club and also connect the fans and town to the club and players. Having seen the 10 year plan for the club I think this could benefit the profile of the club in the media

Thanks AltyRobin for your suggestion & kind words which will be gratefully received by all of the people involved in Alty TV & Radio Robins, who are all unpaid volunteers.

Further to your original post on this idea, we are looking at setting up some form of media subscription service & we will update supporters on this by the end of the week.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 12:17:39 PM »

Sooner this happens the better.
Full time and proud of it

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 07:43:29 AM »

oh well
Harold

AltyFan101

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 10:58:00 AM »

The monthly q&a is a really good idea.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 01:25:28 AM »

Goal of the month vote too like MOTD in the 90s but change the premium phone line for online votes

Number 23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 09:48:49 PM »

As an exile on the south coast I’d happily pay for AltyTV and have contributed in the past.
However this would be an extra expense for those already paying for to go to the games. I’d guess that there would also be an overhead in administering payments and securing access.

Maybe if this were done some way could be found to discount it to those who go to games. E.g. discount to season ticket holders.
Alternatively just ask people to donate on an honesty basis. I’m sure most of us exiles who get so much from Alty TV and RR would be happy to make a regular donation especially if it was also going to support the club.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 09:45:13 AM »

as a pensioner who does not have a great deal of spare cash,i would find this hard to do.I have given to RR in the past when i was working and still support the club through the patrons scheme.It would mean i have to find something else to do on a saturday afternoon
Harold

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 01:45:27 PM »

as a pensioner who does not have a great deal of spare cash,i would find this hard to do.I have given to RR in the past when i was working and still support the club through the patrons scheme.It would mean i have to find something else to do on a saturday afternoon

Ah well, the garden centre is lovely 😁
It's all my fault.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2020, 02:50:12 PM »

Harold - you make a very valid point; and rest assured that whatever we put in place will take into account the particular circumstances of all of our fans
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV