News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester fans asking for refunds

Author Topic: Chester fans asking for refunds  (Read 2816 times)

AltyFan101

« on: April 02, 2020, 03:14:31 PM »

Hi, there is a thread of Chester fans asking about refunds for the postponed game supposed to be played on the 21st March.  They all say they received an email from Bill Waterston but they are suspicious because it was from a Hotmail email account so maybe someone from the management team or Bill himself could help them out.  👍🏻

https://twitter.com/p_jones125/status/1245414450196340736?s=19

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chester fans asking for refunds
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 07:11:18 PM »

Thanks for spotting this.  I had also been advised of this by Chester's Vice Chairman, and he is going to post something to the Chester website.  Of all the tickets sold, I now have details for all but seven people to process refunds, and indeed the maned indvidiual is one of them.  I will be sending out a second mail soon which hopefully will reassure him that I am who I say I am.

I would like to thank those fans who have donated their ticket money to the Fundraising effort; including one lady from Chester who had purchased four tickets and has waived her right for a refund.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 08:42:49 PM »

Does the ticket portal not have the facility to process refunds straight back to the card used, Bill? Seems like a lot of laborious and unnecessary work. Refund functionality should be a given, what if the game was put on hold nearer the time? Could have been hundreds!

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 08:59:52 PM »

It does allow for refunds; however there is some further set up required, including a slight delay to getting paid so there is a "float" available to fund the refunds.  I should have learned from the Kings Lynn postponement really; and you are spot on - if we had sold 1000 away tickets ...

When football resumes, I will fix it!

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 10:21:53 AM »

I would like to thank those fans who have donated their ticket money to the Fundraising effort; including one lady from Chester who had purchased four tickets and has waived her right for a refund.

trust this kind lady will get free tickets next season?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team