PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blue Square More Competitive?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Blue Square More Competitive?  (Read 4523 times)

Jenga

« on: July 02, 2007, 09:08:59 AM »

At the end of the season there was some feeling that the league this year might not be as strong as last year.

Looking at the transfer market and the money being thrown around I expect the league to be much harder than last year with a big gap between teams unlike last year which overall was very very close.

What is your feeling folks?

Lets hope we are up for it.

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE B******S
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 09:11:27 AM by Jenga »

Jezza

Re: Blue Square More Competitive?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 12:49:57 PM »

I think one of the promoted teams will be the same as St Albans....one other will be about Tamworth.

Above them will be Northwich, Stafford, Farsley, Droylsden, Halifax and maybe one or two surprise strugglers.

We have to be above that lot this time and the right signings will give us a comfortable relegation worry free season.

So overall i think it's gonna be about the same...we've got to improve.

altyf

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 01:29:48 PM »

i've got a strong feeling we wont be stronger than droylesden...i see they've signed that alex hay...he was a brilliant player!

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 02:56:45 PM »

I think we (York) have a great chance of winning the league and I reckon that Oxford and Exeter will present the only threat at the top. Outsiders could be Stevenage and Kidderminster with the FA Trophy cash behind them.

At the bottom I agree with Mr Hughes that Alty won't go down because the teams coming up this year are really poor. If Droylsden are signing rubbish like Mark Hotte then they are certs for relegation, as are Farsley and Histon. Northwich have the worst manager in English football in Relegation Refearn for the other relegation place.

2 of York/Exeter/Oxford to go up, Histon/Farsley/Northwich/Droylsden to go down.

I reckon we'll all be happy with that. Now, about this Trafford/Alty double header.............

;D

Altysmiffy

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 02:59:45 PM »

I reckon 3 to go down - not sure Crawley will last the season.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 03:49:58 PM »

Torquay will win the conference.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 05:10:01 PM »

Torquay will win the conference.

Don't be silly Peter, Torquay must have one of the worst records in English football over the past 5 years, you don't turn around a losing culture like that in one season.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 05:16:11 PM »

Just you watch them go,they'll win it by a country mile. It'll be the best thing to ever happen to Torquay,much like it was for Carlisle and Shrewsbury.Jim Smith will be out of a job by the end October aswell.

altyf

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 05:26:09 PM »

it'll be interesting with the amount of players they're signing, i've got a feeling they might well win it, stevenage and york their biggest threats, and for some stupid reason i feel crawley (before they go bust), rushden, kidderminster will be surprisingly high playoff contenders....but i must agree with the jim smith theory..maybe not by october but he wont be oxfords manager at the new year!

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 06:47:56 PM »

Just you watch them go,they'll win it by a country mile. It'll be the best thing to ever happen to Torquay,much like it was for Carlisle and Shrewsbury.Jim Smith will be out of a job by the end October aswell.

I'll bet you entry into the Brickhouse and 4 pints at the end of the season that you are talking bollocks.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 06:50:35 PM »

Done  ;D

Any news on your confguide embargo yet?

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 06:55:42 PM »

Done  ;D

Any news on your confguide embargo yet?

Looks like a life ban, they are running scared now Woking have gone tits up.

:D

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 07:03:09 PM »

Was it over comments about Woking that they flirted you for then?

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 07:19:06 PM »

Was it over comments about Woking that they flirted you for then?

Looks like it, but it was a unanimous decision * cough *

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 07:36:57 PM »

Alright Phil, don't worry about confguide, I roared myself silly when Chris Ingram gave that speech the other week. It was like you had infilitrated him  :o and repeated everything you had saisd over the past year or so. I don't really dislike Woking but it was funny.

Re the conf title, I think Hughesy may be a bit OTT with Torquay but I think they'll be up there, they've reacted to the fact that they're now non league and got a manager with experience of the division and started signing good 'conference' players rather than Oxford going for the nostalgic man and banking on the players that got them relegated from league 2 suddenly becoming world beaters.

Everyone else? Well,
why do York keep losing players, it's like you build a top 5 side from scratch every year. Much easier to try and keep hold of your best players.

Stevenage will be right up there if they start well which is generally their problem.

Crawley could be right up there. It's a question of whether the conference and/or creditors lose patience with them.

Exeter seem to be losing momentum.

I think Kidderminster have what it takes to beat the best (richards, Constable and Christie are one of the divisions better strike forces) but will need a seasons worth of Accy?daggers style consistencey rather than the redhot for 10 games type of last season.

oxford are going to be here for years now, it may get too much for Jim Smith and he'll move upstairs. 33/1 for him to be 1st to go is one of the stand out  bets of the summer for me.

And the bottom...

well, we've got our work cut out lats make no bones about that  still

Some one will do a StAlbans Tamworth. I think Droylsden could eeither take a few by surprise with their attacking stykle and how minging the butchers arms is or they could get put away like when they went to Kiddy all confident in the trophy.

Farsley might be everybodies friendly club taht gets beat all the time.

Northiwich will struggle beacuse of Redferans ego/ Connetts ego / both but will stay up due to good players.

Thought Stafford might struggle like us due to 2nd season syndrome and now fear for them as Madjo has gone. A class act on his day but all thats wrong with players at this level moneywise etc.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team