PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Playoff Rivals turmoil
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Playoff Rivals turmoil  (Read 6539 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Playoff Rivals turmoil
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 07:09:45 PM »

Not sure we need to look back as   there could be some quality players available from the football league if lower league clubs release a load of players as  reported to be expected. Normally they wouldn't go to a National League North club but times aren't normal.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 07:17:45 PM by Timperley The Best »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2020, 08:21:25 PM »

I enjoyed having JJ in the team but as others have said the wound as healed and we were a better team of late. I wonder how all the injuries are doing. They've had a long lay up to recover now.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2020, 09:39:23 PM »

Gents, like most of us I was disappointed to see JJ leave. I think however, your being a little bit harsh on him. He has a family to support and if it is his only job he has to look after what's best for himself and his family (or what was perceived to be best at the time). You cannot blame him for that. I for one would welcome him back. SBL

I agree, but if he did come back I am not sure he would be first choice any more.

I do not like the idea that someone who went away to try to do the best for his family should be treated as a pariah. Remember he still thinks high enough of the club to join in the Youtube chat for the Blythe match a couple of weeks ago - and seemed very much welcomed by the other players on the chat.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2020, 09:44:35 PM »

Gents, like most of us I was disappointed to see JJ leave. I think however, your being a little bit harsh on him. He has a family to support and if it is his only job he has to look after what's best for himself and his family (or what was perceived to be best at the time). You cannot blame him for that. I for one would welcome him back. SBL

I agree, but if he did come back I am not sure he would be first choice any more.

I do not like the idea that someone who went away to try to do the best for his family should be treated as a pariah. Remember he still thinks high enough of the club to join in the Youtube chat for the Blythe match a couple of weeks ago - and seemed very much welcomed by the other players on the chat.

That was Jordan Hulme with a name change, wasn't it.

How can Parkinson trust him not to leave for the next cheque dangled?

He wouldn't get in our first XI.
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2020, 11:20:21 PM »

That was Jordan Hulme with a name change, wasn't it.

How can Parkinson trust him not to leave for the next cheque dangled?

He wouldn't get in our first XI.

If it was I stand corrected...and I certainly agree with your last line: Parkie got us a very good deal!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2020, 12:28:37 AM »

As said before.....no problem JJ chasing the money....it happens

But adequate replacements in Mahon and Durrell
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bobins

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2020, 01:42:57 AM »

I've no problem with anyone chasing the money at this level. It's part of the game. As long as it's done respectfully. JJ coming back would be an issue though. As others have said could Parky trust him but more to the point would his team mates respect him as much. All it takes is for a training ground incident to start a bit of verbal and next thing you've split the squad. Move on without him.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2020, 02:47:40 PM »

As said before.....no problem JJ chasing the money....it happens

But adequate replacements in Mahon and Durrell

And Mooney
Full time and proud of it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2020, 09:35:46 PM »

I hope they’re ready for the playoffs

“ EFL clubs have today been issued with the latest draft of the EFL’s ‘Return to Training Protocols’, so that they can prepare appropriately. And return to training no later than the 25th.”
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Playoff Rivals turmoil