News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tapping into other fanbases...

Author Topic: Tapping into other fanbases...  (Read 3091 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 11, 2020, 01:22:03 PM »

I see Workington have been working with fan group United We Stand in order to get as many fans as possible to buy an e-ticket for their FA Cup match re-run vs Manchester United.

Given our past FA Cup game against Liverpool, could we consider the same? Liverpool haven't been this popular in years and it opens up fundraising to a different audience?

It's all my fault.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tapping into other fanbases...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 12:14:18 PM »

I see Workington have been working with fan group United We Stand in order to get as many fans as possible to buy an e-ticket for their FA Cup match re-run vs Manchester United.

Given our past FA Cup game against Liverpool, could we consider the same? Liverpool haven't been this popular in years and it opens up fundraising to a different audience?

Good idea, which I am sure that we can implement.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 04:50:33 PM »

You might encounter a drawback though in that the FA Cup tie at Anfield is already available to watch in full on YouTube.

Now, if somebody were to unearth that long-lost footage of our FA Trophy victory over Leatherhead at Wembley in 1978, you could really be on to a winner....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 06:34:34 PM »

How about the second visit to White Hart Lane ? or Chester with Mr Freeman.

Has anyone got a copy of the Everton replay at Old Trafford, my first game and what ended up being a life long passion following Alty. 

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 07:22:27 PM »

How about the second visit to White Hart Lane ? or Chester with Mr Freeman.

Has anyone got a copy of the Everton replay at Old Trafford, my first game and what ended up being a life long passion following Alty. 

Full Spurs game would be good. Another fan base to help support us.
It's all my fault.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 05:46:03 PM »

I've never actually seen any footage of that FA Cup Third Round Replay against Everton at Old Trafford back in January 1975. Does any even exist?

Perhaps Graham Heathcote had the master tapes destroyed so that none of us would be able to relive his pinpoint pass to set up Bob Latchford for the opening goal...?!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 10:16:30 PM »

It might be worth showing the footage of the Birmingham game with this being a unique FA cup match ( the only time a non league team has won away from home to a first division side in the FA cup coming from behind and possibly giving the final spur to end the election system). Although there is no commentary for it, a sort of "director's commentary" might be made to set the scene and explain  what's happening. You could have interviews  with players and fans  involved that day etc. (Obviously David "Seasman" would be nice if he could be persuaded...). Also
, I've lost my dvd of the game...

Hugh   :P
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team