News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 2019/20 Season Awards & 'Goal of the Season' nominations

Author Topic: 2019/20 Season Awards & 'Goal of the Season' nominations  (Read 4611 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 19, 2020, 03:36:25 PM »

See the official club website for information on the Altrincham Football Club 2019/20 Season Awards & 'Goal of the Season' nominations.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 2019/20 Season Awards & 'Goal of the Season' nominations
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 06:12:48 PM »

Some of the goals weren't even the best goals in that game.

22 seems a little long for a list of nominations?
It's all my fault.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 08:55:16 PM »

If you can advise of any examples of any goals in a specific match that you believe are better than any other goal that is nominated from that match, I will explain why the nomination is included & the examples aren't.

Agreed........22 is a longer list than I was hoping for, having set out with an objective of including up to 15 goals, however the standard of goals scored was exceptionally high this season & the long list of nominations reflects that.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 08:57:30 PM by Brian Flynn »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 09:32:20 PM »

If you can advise of any examples of any goals in a specific match that you believe are better than any other goal that is nominated from that match, I will explain why the nomination is included & the examples aren't.

Agreed........22 is a longer list than I was hoping for, having set out with an objective of including up to 15 goals, however the standard of goals scored was exceptionally high this season & the long list of nominations reflects that.

I meant that there are multiple goals from a single game, so some goals included aren't even the best goal in a single game, so how can they be in the running.

I'll bite, two goals at Telford. There's no denying it's a nicely weighted pass but Jokes tackle and strike is a far better goal?

Peers tap in at Southport as good as Hulmes stike?

Be good to know the criteria that puts a header from Malarky in the same category as the rocket from Hancock against Blyth

The goals have been great this season but 22 goals potentially dilutes the vote. Perhaps we need a knockout competition to split them.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 09:35:24 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 11:20:13 PM »

An idea: put the goals into a "Cup competition!"

Have a preliminary round to get the goals down to 16, then vote Goal A v Goal B....up to Goal O v Goal P.

Might add a little extra fun to proceedings!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 11:30:54 PM »

An idea: put the goals into a "Cup competition!"

Have a preliminary round to get the goals down to 16, then vote Goal A v Goal B....up to Goal O v Goal P.

Might add a little extra fun to proceedings!

Good idea, a popular trend on twitter is doing it in World Cup format (group stage and knock out)
It's all my fault.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 12:36:02 AM »

Thanks Mark for all the time and energy to comply the goal of the season awards.
That must have taken you hours.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 12:49:31 AM by B. 4D »

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 07:17:00 AM »

Thanks Mark for all the time and energy to comply the goal of the season awards.
That must have taken you hours.
Agreed, great work Mark and Brian — the quality of the production shows just how good Alty TV is in comparison to others. Some wonderful goals over the season, and In these times it’s been great to watch all these goals flying in as a reminder of how good we can be. It’s all about opinions of course, but the 2 team goals finished by Dens and Andy White stand out for me.

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 09:22:17 AM »

Hancock's chip.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 09:44:03 AM »

[Thank you Mark. Some absolute gems in there.

A ko by voting is a top idea
Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 11:09:03 AM »

A knockout format won't be viable this season for a few reasons, but mostly because of the turnaround time needed to get the votes in and find a winner. There's also the question of what platform you run it on, as some do not have social media but are entitled to vote. One to look at for next season but with the video already produced in a shortlist format (thanks Mark, stellar work), the vote will be as usual with fans asked to pick their 3rd, 2nd and Goal of the Season.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2020, 11:28:24 AM »

Share the link from YouTube with your friends who watch other teams. Let them see just why we watch Alty.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2020, 12:33:54 PM »

Absolutely spoilt for choice SBL

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2020, 06:14:20 PM »

I meant that there are multiple goals from a single game, so some goals included aren't even the best goal in a single game, so how can they be in the running.

I'll bite, two goals at Telford. There's no denying it's a nicely weighted pass but Jokes tackle and strike is a far better goal?

Peers tap in at Southport as good as Hulmes stike?

Be good to know the criteria that puts a header from Malarky in the same category as the rocket from Hancock against Blyth

The goals have been great this season but 22 goals potentially dilutes the vote. Perhaps we need a knockout competition to split them.

We have never excluded more than 1 goal from a game being in the frame for GOTS, which is the same approach taken by BBC MOTD for their GOTM & GOTS competitions.

I respect your opinion on James Jones' goal at Telford, but if that won GOTS, there is no reason why Lewis Walters' goal couldn't be the Runner-Up.

In my opinion, Tom Peers' goal was the best of the 3 at Southport as it was the best move (Tony Thompson/Sean Williams/Jordan Hulme/Tom Peers.I'll admit that it was a simple finish but the initial movement was excellent & Jordan's ball was one of the best long diagonals of the season.

There aren't any criteria, it's just a judgement on what I thought were the best goals.

A knockout competition is a very good idea & I was planning to do that based on a 4 round knockout competition (16/8/4/2 goals) or a 16 goal competition where the goals were split into 4 groups of 4 & then a final vote for the 4 group winners.This was when I thought that the season awards were going to be done on the resumption of fan attended football at Alty. When the board decided to hold online awards, which I think has proven the right thing to do this season, we didn't have enough time to do the competition this way, which is why it has been as it is.I assumed that there would be a maximum of 16 nominations & would have run a knockout competition with 16, although the Euros/World Cup Group format could have accommodated 20 (5 groups of 4) or 24 nominations (6 groups of 4) & if we had the time, this is probably how it would have looked.
Next season, I think that we may we may well adopt one of these formats or something similar(I have another idea as well that ties in with something else that we are hoping to do next season).

FYI, I checked on the number of nominations last season & there were 18.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 06:18:36 PM by Brian Flynn »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team