PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Verdict
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Verdict  (Read 6746 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Verdict
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2020, 01:22:35 PM »

It seems I’m in the minority, but I’m genuinely surprised that anyone thought the playoffs were ever actually going to take place at our level?

The idea of having NLN/S playoffs always seemed utterly absurd.

Given theyve banged on about treating us the same as NL, it's not actually gaht crazy, but hindsight as wonderful thing isn't it.
It's all my fault.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2020, 03:12:53 PM »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2020, 03:33:14 PM »

Let's go and win it next year.

Keep the current squad together and try to get Lundstram back.

No other additions needed.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2020, 04:02:14 PM »

York have proposed an amendment (unsurprisringly) whereby the top 2 from N&S on PPG are promoted. The Govt's position has driven a wedge between the National League's top division and it's N & S feeder leagues. Adopting this amendment solves this, provided it's applied to the top division as well, i.e. no play offs with Harrogate in 2nd as well as Barrow being promoted. Trouble is, can you imagine Yeovil or Notts County giving up their chance of promotion in the interests of the National League's organisational integrity? I think we all know the answer to that.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2020, 04:45:39 PM »

Let's go and win it next year.

Keep the current squad together and try to get Lundstram back.

No other additions needed.

Staying at Crewe looks like his contract has been extended there.It  would have to be loan again
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 04:49:27 PM by Timperley The Best »

Matt Taylor

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2020, 05:55:20 PM »

It seems I’m in the minority, but I’m genuinely surprised that anyone thought the playoffs were ever actually going to take place at our level?

At least we (finally) have clarity now, can start looking towards next season, and not fall any further behind those sides who have already started their 2020/21 planning.
We still need a bit of strengthening, but we’ve looked a much better side post-Johnston, and so with a decent start next season there’s no reason we can’t look forward to having a proper run at it next time out.

Completely agree Matt, it did seem extremely unlikely playoffs would happen. How do you know we have fallen behind planning for next season,.. just asking like ?

Well, the other sides at our level have already had the opportunity to get their summer released/retained lists finalised, and also to start signing players for next season. Until last night we didn’t even know if we would be playing national or regionalised football next season. Or if we needed to start arranging short-term summer contracts to cover the 3 games we, theoretically, still had hanging over us from this season.

I don’t think it’s put us at any great disadvantage, but at least now we can start planning with more certainty, and crack on accordingly.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2020, 09:16:38 PM »

At least we (finally) have clarity now, can start looking towards next season, and not fall any further behind those sides who have already started their 2020/21 planning.
We still need a bit of strengthening, but we’ve looked a much better side post-Johnston, and so with a decent start next season there’s no reason we can’t look forward to having a proper run at it next time out.

Completely agree Matt, it did seem extremely unlikely playoffs would happen. How do you know we have fallen behind planning for next season,.. just asking like ?

Well, the other sides at our level have already had the opportunity to get their summer released/retained lists finalised, and also to start signing players for next season. Until last night we didn’t even know if we would be playing national or regionalised football next season. Or if we needed to start arranging short-term summer contracts to cover the 3 games we, theoretically, still had hanging over us from this season.

I don’t think it’s put us at any great disadvantage, but at least now we can start planning with more certainty, and crack on accordingly.
Cant argue with that logic. I have feeling parky plays his cards very close which I like about him. Wouldnt mind betting he's got things well sorted already.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2020, 10:01:59 PM »

Not in the least surprised by this, I just cannot get my head round the inconsistencies from one level of football to the next, but I guess all football is equal...but some is more equal than others!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Verdict