PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Celebrity Squares: 2020 Altrincham FC edition
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Celebrity Squares: 2020 Altrincham FC edition  (Read 7279 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: June 04, 2020, 07:57:58 PM »

No sign of Willie Rushton....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrity Squares: 2020 Altrincham FC edition
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 08:54:49 PM »

Could do with a touch of diversity going forward.

It's all my fault.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 09:03:51 PM »

what more do you want in terms of diversity and commitment to the club, meeting in the garden shed is epic and shows true dedication. ;D
FFS

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 09:20:32 PM »

Another great update on the site.

Well done again.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 09:38:27 PM »

what more do you want in terms of diversity and commitment to the club, meeting in the garden shed is epic and shows true dedication. ;D

Nine people, all white men, it would be good for us to expand this in the same way our fan profile by the architects.

It an observation, not a criticism
It's all my fault.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 10:42:24 PM »

Nine people, all white men, it would be good for us to expand this in the same way our fan profile by the architects.

I fully respect your opinion but i would rather have the right people with the right commitment to the club whether they are black/brown/white/male/female/transgender/animal/vegetable or mineral but i do draw the line with them having any stain of macc on them i can't be doing with them.
FFS

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 10:43:25 PM »

I fully respect your opinion but i would rather have the right people with the right commitment to the club whether they are black/brown/white/male/female/transgender/animal/vegetable or mineral but i do draw the line with them having any stain of macc on them i can't be doing with them.

Just the best people for the job, whoever they are.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 10:43:44 PM »

Great post Cult!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 10:58:25 AM »

We talked the talked with our LGBT+ kit, have tackled kick out racism year on year, true progression would see us having more diverse roles within our football club. I believe in meritocracy but given you could share most boards zoom calls at this level - few would involve women, minority groups or even a spectrum of fluid sexualities,, there could be some serious financial and skillset gains to be made by actively seeks more diverse candidates into the football clubs directors.

It's all my fault.

bobins

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 02:32:22 AM »

As JD said. The best people for the job. Doesn't matter what colour / religion / age whatever... they are. If they are the best for the job then they are the best for the job.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2020, 10:51:42 AM »

Diversity ??

I'm so saddened by the question of diversity. In fact to mention it is racist in my view. I'm a person of colour (or what ever you want to call it). I don't care what colour/race anyone is, and I guess most people think the same way (woke's apart), the best people for the job regardless.

Back to the footy, I so proud to follow this club it's been in my heart since a boy and I'm 58 now.

Up the Robins. Red, white & black  ;)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2020, 11:41:38 AM »

Diversity ??

I'm so saddened by the question of diversity. In fact to mention it is racist in my view. I'm a person of colour (or what ever you want to call it). I don't care what colour/race anyone is, and I guess most people think the same way (woke's apart), the best people for the job regardless.

Back to the footy, I so proud to follow this club it's been in my heart since a boy and I'm 58 now.

Up the Robins. Red, white & black  ;)

This isn't just about a token seat - nobody wants to be handed anything on a plate or be used as a poster appointment (unless your Damian Reeves circle 2010) it's about diversifying (not a dirty word when it comes to hedge funds funnily enough) our talent pool so we can become a stronger club.

This club needs two things to proposer: money and talent. I don't expect an appointment tomorrow, but if look beyond middle-aged white men, we might find extra of both.
It's all my fault.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2020, 12:10:01 PM »

Hashtag, you seem really well intentioned here, but in the current board I see people who want to the best for my football club, both on and off the pitch. The last thing I would want at the moment is to be "looking beyond middle aged white men" as you put it, somewhat untactfully.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, that you do not just want to see "diversity" for diversity's sake, I would ask you what more you would like to see from the club in this regard? We have a Diversity and Inclusion Officer, notably recognised for their hard work on this front at the recent award's night - I have not checked but I do not see many other non-league clubs making such efforts on this front. Surely true "diversity" has to come from the fanbase itself in the first instance, and I see the club making fantastic progress on this matter.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2020, 01:45:53 PM »

Hashtag, you seem really well intentioned here, but in the current board I see people who want to the best for my football club, both on and off the pitch. The last thing I would want at the moment is to be "looking beyond middle aged white men" as you put it, somewhat untactfully.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, that you do not just want to see "diversity" for diversity's sake, I would ask you what more you would like to see from the club in this regard? We have a Diversity and Inclusion Officer, notably recognised for their hard work on this front at the recent award's night - I have not checked but I do not see many other non-league clubs making such efforts on this front. Surely true "diversity" has to come from the fanbase itself in the first instance, and I see the club making fantastic progress on this matter.

If you're giving me the benefit of the doubt, ill also accept you didn't mean to come across as totally condescending and patronising.

You may find the phrase untactful, but it was merely to highlight all the various diversity issues in a succinct line - gender, age, and background.

It's not a criticsm of any board member, or whether they deserve a place on the board. It's a question of whether we should be looking to bring in experience and expertise beyond perhaps what we have. The board is the strongest it's been in a while and everyone genuinely cares but why can't we look to strengthen our core senior team?

I remember once we were trying to attract the female CEO of Curzon and Southport here, for me that would have been a great appoitnemt for the role but a step in showing just how diverse this club is.

I don't have the answer to how to attract a wider talent pool, but I'd like to think by raising the issue, we can chat about it.

The CEO and founder of Reddit has taken the decision this week to resign his spot on the board. I'm not advocating that from any current board member but I imagine if you lined up all the boards at Non League football you may find a disproportionate amount of characteristics all board members share. Why can't we look in our next senior appointment to seek to be the change.

The board at our level is a privilege not a paid role and usually by invite only.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 01:52:03 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2020, 07:20:40 PM »

I note that Bill Waterson is seemingly auditioning to replace the late Florian Schneider as a member of Kraftwerk:

Bill-Waterson-Altrincham-FC-directors-Zoom-meeting-June-2020" border="0

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team