PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Verdict
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Verdict  (Read 6254 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Verdict
« on: June 12, 2020, 12:04:20 AM »

It's on the official club website now.

brisbane_alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Verdict
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 12:50:29 AM »

Very disappointing. We would have had an excellent chance of promotion. Credit to the club for making an effort to participate.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 01:14:10 AM »

Not surprised... At the end of the day all the aficionados are interested in is the bloody Premier league.

One thing is for certain.. I won’t be watching those posing overpaid T**ts in the premiership roiling about in supposed agony after brushing against their opponents

Unfair situation for Alty and the other playoff clubs but as Bill said,  We go again whenever next season starts.

Cmon Alty..

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 01:20:23 AM »

Absolutely gutted.  I'm very disappointed with the Government's stance on our status.  However, great thanks to the club (with the team in particular) for some great moments during the season notably at York and Portsmouth in the cup.  

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 06:06:55 AM »

i feel the same as ray
Harold

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 07:18:53 AM »

If only the government stance was made earlier it would have people a lot of time and effort.

Gutted as I am I'm not surprised.

Delighted we as club pushed for play offs.

Time to move on and build for next season, whenever that may be
Full time and proud of it

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 07:56:21 AM »

Absolutely brilliant that we pushed for the play offs - we can hold our heads up high there. Would have felt much much worse about this situation had we been York though.

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 08:09:24 AM »

Shameful.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 08:49:38 AM »

Not sure I follow the logic really. Some of the clubs in the Conference National are part time and some of the teams in our league are full time. What's done is done.

In reality we lost our chance at the start of the season and we were always playing catch up.

When the new season starts we need to hit the ground running and make sure that we're looking at who is trying to catch us rather than looking at how far behind a playoff spot we are.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 09:52:24 AM »

The games at Gloucester and BPA Kiddy were the reason we weren't promoted. Unfortunately we were far from good enough away from home. Converting these into three wins from two loses and a draw would have put us top on PPG.

As for playoffs, we'd have probably not kept that momentum we'd beeen building.

Let's concentrate on a building a title winning sqaud - have to keep Durrell and add a striker.

To do so we need to get fundraising this by fans during the close season, working on any behind closed door game fundraisers (e tickets, half time raffles, Libero local deliveries, matchday pie delivery locally etc. Programmes in the post).

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 10:04:06 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2020, 10:35:32 AM »

It seems I’m in the minority, but I’m genuinely surprised that anyone thought the playoffs were ever actually going to take place at our level?

At least we (finally) have clarity now, can start looking towards next season, and not fall any further behind those sides who have already started their 2020/21 planning.
We still need a bit of strengthening, but we’ve looked a much better side post-Johnston, and so with a decent start next season there’s no reason we can’t look forward to having a proper run at it next time out.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2020, 11:50:26 AM »

It seems I’m in the minority, but I’m genuinely surprised that anyone thought the playoffs were ever actually going to take place at our level?

At least we (finally) have clarity now, can start looking towards next season, and not fall any further behind those sides who have already started their 2020/21 planning.
We still need a bit of strengthening, but we’ve looked a much better side post-Johnston, and so with a decent start next season there’s no reason we can’t look forward to having a proper run at it next time out.

Completely agree Matt, it did seem extremely unlikely playoffs would happen. How do you know we have fallen behind planning for next season,.. just asking like ?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2020, 12:14:58 PM »

Unlikely as it might have been we were the league below where playoff will take place.

Hit the post
Full time and proud of it

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2020, 12:21:18 PM »

The games at Gloucester and BPA Kiddy were the reason we weren't promoted. Unfortunately we were far from good enough away from home. Converting these into three wins from two loses and a draw would have put us top on PPG.

As for playoffs, we'd have probably not kept that momentum we'd beeen building.

Let's concentrate on a building a title winning sqaud - have to keep Durrell and add a striker.

To do so we need to get fundraising this by fans during the close season, working on any behind closed door game fundraisers (e tickets, half time raffles, Libero local deliveries, matchday pie delivery locally etc. Programmes in the post).

Each of the top 4 on PPG will have their own list of games that they should have won or performed better in.

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2020, 01:05:31 PM »

The idea of having NLN/S playoffs always seemed utterly absurd.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Verdict