News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Capacity

Author Topic: Capacity  (Read 4175 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Capacity
« on: June 12, 2020, 10:45:00 PM »

Looking at the Chester forum they are concerned about clubs being limited to 25% capacity next season. What is the capacity at the J. Davidson stadium in normal times?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Capacity
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 10:59:37 PM »

I proposed this to the chairman Q and A, however only allowed 1 question. Perhaps Bill can answer this when he next posts the forum.

"The FA cup final may be the first game to see fans back in the stands - albeit it at much lower capacity of around 22%.

Similar measures could see less than 350 fans on Golf Road and 250 in the main stand.

If the same capacity issue faces Moss Lane in the early parts of next season - combined with Premier League being behind closed doors or on reduced capacity - will the board be putting any plans in place to ensure fans who watched us throughout last season have access to priority tickets/entry?

I'd be happy to sign up to a Direct Debit Season Ticket if this guaranteed a spot on the GRE

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 11:17:03 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 11:34:14 PM »

Last I saw capacity is over 6000, so we can still get 1500 in (theoretically), but spacing at the bars, outlets etc might be difficult.

Lancs CCC are talking of getting 6-7000 in

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 11:44:01 PM »

I’ve seen the revised figure of 25% tonight quoted on Twitter which would be 1521 at Moss Lane as our official ground capacity is 6084 I believe.

In a normal conference North season that figure would be absolutely fine for virtually every home league game aside from Chester, York and maybe Christmas local derbies.

I’d say all existing ST holders, patrons & Alty Rewards Club holders get first dibs to purchase a guaranteed Season Ticket for reduced capacity home games for next season & a small number of tickets are held back for each home match day, Give away fans the Family Stand & fence off a separate queue for them for the snack bar on the Hale End. For midweek games it wouldn’t be an issue at all.

If the 25% is true I can’t imagine many in our league will get done over. Maybe Darlington, Hereford to a lesser extent, York (what’s their new ground hold?), Boston as I believe their new place is only going to have 2 stands open whilst they finish it off  & Kettering with their basic set up. The likes of us, Southport, Kiddy etc will be fine.

Risk of infection obviously known to be much lower in the open air so I guess focus on all food & drink options being available outside & restricting access to the CSH.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 11:53:09 PM »

My thoughts for the first steps back.

All ticket. This limits numbers in.

Staggered arrival times, no queuing at the gates.

More entrances, direct to the stand you will stay in for the game. Use the exit gates, not the enclosed turnstiles.

Print  / scan or season ticket.

No away fans. Sorry.

Ticket entrance to the bar - controlling numbers. Or the bar comes to you. No cash payments.

Hand gel stations dotted around.

If the capacity is 1500 we're ok for most league games. Be sensible, and I am not being complacent at all, but if we're sensible we should still get a decent turnout and atmosphere.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 11:57:53 PM »

Last I saw capacity is over 6000, so we can still get 1500 in (theoretically), but spacing at the bars, outlets etc might be difficult.

Lancs CCC are talking of getting 6-7000 in

Intriguing to see how they will do it. Bigger clubs than Alty will be looking at cricket and their crowd management with great interest.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 12:15:10 AM »

1500 would be ok if social distancing is down to one metre but if it  is still two metres it might be pushing it .I've seen crowds of 1500 at ml where parts of the ground look pretty full
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 12:18:53 AM by Timperley The Best »

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2020, 07:21:11 AM »

I proposed this to the chairman Q and A, however only allowed 1 question. Perhaps Bill can answer this when he next posts the forum.

"The FA cup final may be the first game to see fans back in the stands - albeit it at much lower capacity of around 22%.

Similar measures could see less than 350 fans on Golf Road and 250 in the main stand.

If the same capacity issue faces Moss Lane in the early parts of next season - combined with Premier League being behind closed doors or on reduced capacity - will the board be putting any plans in place to ensure fans who watched us throughout last season have access to priority tickets/entry?

I'd be happy to sign up to a Direct Debit Season Ticket if this guaranteed a spot on the GRE

In the end, we did manage to include your 3 questions & this will be answered when the Co-Chairmen Q & A takes place

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2020, 11:21:37 AM »

It looks like the impact can be managed from a revenue perspective. There are obviously going to be challengers around entering and leaving the ground. I'm not particularly worried personally, but I'm sure some will be and leaving in a herd at the end of the game would no doubt be in breach of Health and Safety guidance which might have consequences for future games.

Interesting times.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2020, 04:39:04 PM »

It looks like the impact can be managed from a revenue perspective. There are obviously going to be challengers around entering and leaving the ground. I'm not particularly worried personally, but I'm sure some will be and leaving in a herd at the end of the game would no doubt be in breach of Health and Safety guidance which might have consequences for future games.

Interesting times.

Stewarding and common sense should resolve 95% of the herding out problem. We're a bright enough species.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2020, 05:28:55 PM »

Interesting times.

Stewarding and common sense should resolve 95% of the herding out problem. We're a bright enough species.

Bright enough species!

Stretching things there mate.

But yes its mainly common sense. No one has to go any match
Full time and proud of it

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2020, 07:28:44 PM »

I'll definitely renew my season ticket, but may opt not to attend games until. I feel happy with it. God bless Alty TV !
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Capacity