PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Play-offs Update
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Play-offs Update  (Read 12576 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Play-offs Update
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2020, 02:38:14 PM »

It will be strange, a lot of prep which could be just for 1 game.  Will this mean that we are unable to firm up our squad until after they are completed in case we are playing in the National?

Great opportunity,.. not too much to lose.
If it were just one game then at least the costs would be a lot less and allow PP more time to sort the squad for NLN.

Only major disadvantage is if we go up that we've not been able to have a full four months to prep.

If we stay at this level, Unless we raid Playoff squads at this level, which is unlikely to happen, we'd have to look above so we'd be best waiting to make our moves.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 04:12:33 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2020, 03:29:07 PM »

I'm confident that as long as we don't lose anyone, we'll be OK regardless of the league we're playing in next season.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2020, 07:32:17 PM »

http://www.chesterfc.com/2020/06/22/club-statement-national-league-north-play-offs-update/

An interesting bit of that Chester statement is:

"The Club is required to develop a thorough Covid risk assessment and stadium management plan in the unlikely event we are required to host a game in the play-offs. This plan includes the appointment of a Covid Officer and Medical Officer and must be approved by both the Safety Advisory Group and the National League."

The one club that doesn't have to do all that of course is Gateshead. Does this put them at any financial advantage compared to the other five?

Matt Taylor

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2020, 08:04:01 PM »

I'm confident that as long as we don't lose anyone, we'll be OK regardless of the league we're playing in next season.

I don’t think we’re too far off at this level, having already been forced to do what could be considered decent summer business halfway through the season. But I wouldn’t underestimate the influence Josh Lundstram was having on our (what turned out to be...) end of season form.

Does anyone know if he is going to be available to us for the play offs?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2020, 12:21:09 AM »

http://www.chesterfc.com/2020/06/22/club-statement-national-league-north-play-offs-update/

An interesting bit of that Chester statement is:

"The Club is required to develop a thorough Covid risk assessment and stadium management plan in the unlikely event we are required to host a game in the play-offs. This plan includes the appointment of a Covid Officer and Medical Officer and must be approved by both the Safety Advisory Group and the National League."

The one club that doesn't have to do all that of course is Gateshead. Does this put them at any financial advantage compared to the other five?

Interesting question, albeit it would not surprise me if the NL makes them develop one in any case.

RAMP - Risk Assessment Management Plan : Players tested, training regime as per FA guidelines, equipment cleaned regularly, officials at stadium to social distance at all times, hand sanitiser, pedestrian routes etc. If Tesco in Altrincham can bring in a hundred staff and punters into its store, take deliveries, stock shelves and sell goods all whilst managing Covid-19 on a daily basis, then I am sure AFC can cope with a few match officials, photographer and the ground staff etc. It is clever words for what should be a sensible process based on workplace and FA guidelines.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2020, 12:28:11 AM »

Oh by the way...…….I am not belittling the ability of our great team of volunteers and officials to be able to achieve this 'management plan'...……...rather a cynical sneer at what the National League call what is effectively a 'written down' common sense approach to making the match arrangements as safe as possible for all involved in the build up and on the day
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2020, 09:21:03 AM »

One other thing I'm wondering about is warm-up matches. I assume we'll need at least one before the play-offs but who the hell would it be against? I guess we might be able to scrape enough players together to do it internally? Or might we try and play Halifax, say, if the timings work with the respective NL and NLN play-offs?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2020, 10:00:52 AM »

One other thing I'm wondering about is warm-up matches. I assume we'll need at least one before the play-offs but who the hell would it be against? I guess we might be able to scrape enough players together to do it internally? Or might we try and play Halifax, say, if the timings work with the respective NL and NLN play-offs?
Thought Chester was the warm up game? 🤣😂🤣😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2020, 02:28:09 PM »

If the club need any help on the day with security/stewarding just give me a shout.
 ;)
@AltyDaz

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2020, 09:48:33 AM »

Brackley confirm their participation. Looks like we will have Gateshead at home if Chester bottle it.

https://www.brackleytownfc.com/teams/first-team/first-team-news/799-club-statement-on-24-june-play-offs

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2020, 10:39:18 AM »

Judging by their comms this morning, it appears the club are confident we'll be going ahead v Chester on either 18th / 19th July.

Hopefully the club can get to work on getting some friendlies arranged - although those in close season surely won't be able to make their squads available...

So that leaves Halifax / Harrogate / Notts as some potential options?  Could someone like Crewe make themselves available, for example?

It's such a shame the crowd won't be there - something tells me JJ would disappear when enduring the hostilities, whilst Durrell would absolutely thrive on it  ;D

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2020, 04:44:50 PM »

Chester are still discussing whether or not to participate:

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/play-decision-chester-fc-make-18484825
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 04:48:02 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2020, 10:35:25 PM »

If I was them I wouldn't bother A waste of money.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2020, 05:45:13 PM »

If I was them I wouldn't bother A waste of money.

Let's hope they do though! Now there appears to be 5 teams confirmed, I'd fancy us more with the Chester (H) > York (A) route to the final than I would with us playing Gateshead (H) > Brackley/Boston (A).

Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Play-offs Update