News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Testing

Author Topic: Testing  (Read 3125 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Testing
« on: June 27, 2020, 04:08:42 PM »

There is an update on Covid-19 testing on the official club website now.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Testing
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 04:21:27 PM »

Good news.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 08:34:04 AM »

Yes, good news. The tests are however, only as good as the second they were taken. A bit like the MOT. You could test negative today and in theory positive tomorrow. Its good that they are to be done weekly though. IMO the true test would be the other one which detects anti bodies but that test seems to have gone quiet just lately. I suppose until a vaccine appears on the scene we all remain vulnerable! SBL

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 09:15:30 AM »

Am I missing something? I understood that we are still waiting for a vote by the FA Council to ratify the play offs going ahead as proposed ...if that’s the case then is there not a risk that the testing could prove to be a waste of money if it’s voted against?

Unless we know the vote is going to be carried, or I’ve misunderstood where we are up to, then surely it’s a risk? I hope I’m wrong!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 09:43:39 AM »

Am I missing something? I understood that we are still waiting for a vote by the FA Council to ratify the play offs going ahead as proposed ...if that’s the case then is there not a risk that the testing could prove to be a waste of money if it’s voted against?

Unless we know the vote is going to be carried, or I’ve misunderstood where we are up to, then surely it’s a risk? I hope I’m wrong!

Exactly what i was thinking.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 04:07:18 PM »

You are right to say there are risks, but we have to assume for now that the playoffs are going ahead.  We are in daily communication with the National League and with most of the Playoff clubs; North and South.  We will spend money in a controlled way to make sure we are more than ready when the games are finally confirmed.    There's a lot to do, and we are jumping through every hoop we need to in order to enter the Playoffs in the best possible shape

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 08:18:14 PM »

You are right to say there are risks, but we have to assume for now that the playoffs are going ahead.  We are in daily communication with the National League and with most of the Playoff clubs; North and South.  We will spend money in a controlled way to make sure we are more than ready when the games are finally confirmed.    There's a lot to do, and we are jumping through every hoop we need to in order to enter the Playoffs in the best possible shape
I don't think any criticism should be aimed at our board nor the board of any other clubs. However, it can be aimed at the National League and the FA for their perennial inability to come to a decision, though I do understand that our board may not wish to comment!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Testing