News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How's this for a weird old boy update?

Author Topic: How's this for a weird old boy update?  (Read 4644 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Jezza

Re: How's this for a weird old boy update?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 02:04:58 PM »

bizarre on so many levels...

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 02:35:44 PM »

Odd place.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 05:30:56 PM »

Odd place.
At least the manager and his family won't be able to sell the ground they play at. I believe it's owned by the Gibraltar FA, has a plastic pitch and is used by all 12 league members. 😉😂😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 10:35:23 PM »

Odd place.
At least the manager and his family won't be able to sell the ground they play at. I believe it's owned by the Gibraltar FA, has a plastic pitch and is used by all 12 league members. 😉😂😂
That's rightt. It's by the airport, on the isthmus connecting Gibraltar to Spain. There were plans for a new stadium elsewhere, but, apparently, the existing Victoria Stadium was developed instead.

Are the Vaughan family ticking countries or something? They have now"operated" in England, Wales, Malta and Gibraltar

I should mention we have had a full Gibraltar international play for us too, of course, in the form of Danny Higginbotham.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 07:53:46 AM »

Odd place.
That's rightt. It's by the airport, on the isthmus connecting Gibraltar to Spain. There were plans for a new stadium elsewhere, but, apparently, the existing Victoria Stadium was developed instead.

Are the Vaughan family ticking countries or something? They have now"operated" in England, Wales, Malta and Gibraltar

I should mention we have had a full Gibraltar international play for us too, of course, in the form of Danny Higginbotham.

Do they have to stop play when a plane lands?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 10:37:37 AM »

Odd place.

Think 🤔 that's the Hackensack Bulls... and it's a freight train! 😉 😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 12:25:44 PM »

Odd place.

I do recall walking across the runway at Gib to cross into / from Spain.

Hackensack huh, I'll look it up.

Keep safe you Robins.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 01:07:12 PM »

Odd place.

Keep safe you Robins.

It was a joke! 😉 From a film with Richard Pryor (Brewsters Millions) where he had to spend millions of dollars in a month to get his inheritance. As part of this he bought the Hackensack Bulls! 😂

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 11:41:14 PM »

Odd place.

Keep safe you Robins.

It was a joke! 😉 From a film with Richard Pryor (Brewsters Millions) where he had to spend millions of dollars in a month to get his inheritance. As part of this he bought the Hackensack Bulls! 😂

Ah. Films. Not my cuppa tea. Too much acting.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How's this for a weird old boy update?