Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Chester - CONFIRMED (match thread)
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Altrincham v Chester - CONFIRMED (match thread)  (Read 8277 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: June 29, 2020, 09:10:50 PM »

https://bit.ly/3eVNVXK

* subject to FA ratification

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham v Chester - CONFIRMED (match thread)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 09:36:31 PM »

I assume the FA are fairly likely to ratify it having already sanctioned matches in the fl.

As for the match - if the league match had gone ahead, I would have been fairly confident but, having not played for months I fear we could have the same problems we've had previously at the start of seasons. Still it should be more or less the same group of players give or take loan players (any news?) which should help, and the likes of Durrell are sure to give it a good go. And it's hard not to believe the loss of Chester's leading scorer to Gloucester won't be a factor. I just wish we had Ceesay...

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 09:44:28 PM »

I assume the FA are fairly likely to ratify it having already sanctioned matches in the fl.

As for the match - if the league match had gone ahead, I would have been fairly confident but, having not played for months I fear we could have the same problems we've had previously at the start of seasons. Still it should be more or less the same group of players give or take loan players (any news?) which should help, and the likes of Durrell are sure to give it a good go. And it's hard not to believe the loss of Chester's leading scorer to Gloucester won't be a factor. I just wish we had Ceesay...

We had no Hancock or Moult at Chester?

We've added Durell Mahon Mooney Moult and Hancock to that sqaud, and only lost JJ. We should be confident, baring a first half against Blyth, of going through
It's all my fault.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 10:00:50 PM »

We’ll have a weeks head start on them as we’ve already started training and they’ve yet to start testing. Let’s hope we can get a friendly against Halifax, Harrogate and or Notts County arranged

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 11:43:26 PM »

I presume that a friendly would mean further costs, though ideally I'd obviously like to have one. I suspect York will have a warm up match otherwise we (or Chester!) will be at an advantage having competitive game time behind us. I should be confident I know, but I just can't be sure how the circumstances will affect things. Are there any plans to make ML more "home like" with flags etc.? I'll resist the temptation to speculate on songs if there were to be fake crowd noise!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 07:24:59 AM »

I would think all the conference clubs over the three leagues will have a friendly of some sorts against one of the others. Arguably their nearest side where possible that aren’t in the same playoffs

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 09:47:53 AM »

I presume that a friendly would mean further costs, though ideally I'd obviously like to have one. I suspect York will have a warm up match otherwise we (or Chester!) will be at an advantage having competitive game time behind us. I should be confident I know, but I just can't be sure how the circumstances will affect things. Are there any plans to make ML more "home like" with flags etc.? I'll resist the temptation to speculate on songs if there were to be fake crowd noise!

Flags are up already; if anyone has any others (London Alty, Teasers) drop us a message and we can see if there's any way to allow these to be put up.

Kings of The Golf Road did have initial discussions with Bill about the face in the crowd boards however the board felt these didn't give fans of the club much bang for their buck and that fans have already contributed a significant ammounts so these didn't move forward. I have to respectfully disagree on the viability but appreciate that fans aren't been seen as a cash cow.

I'm confident the club have a few additional fundraising and fan building excercise in motion already; hopefully thess include other ways we can add atmosphere, colour to the ground
It's all my fault.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 10:46:29 AM »

The board have recognised that we have one home game v Chester (subject to FA approval) and our other two potential playoff games would be away (unless Gateshead do the improbable) so the cost of the cardboard cut outs would outweigh the benefits. The Bundesliga, Premier League and Championship clubs are playing out the remainder of the season so cardboard cut outs are viable for them.

Cardboard cut outs won’t beat Bill and Ben’s Chester team, our footballing ability that played Portsmouth off the park will.

Need to get BT or even better £5 a pop Alty TV tickets for this one.

Come on you Robins!!!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 11:03:51 AM »

The board have recognised that we have one home game v Chester (subject to FA approval) and our other two potential playoff games would be away (unless Gateshead do the improbable) so the cost of the cardboard cutouts would outweigh the benefits. The Bundesliga, Premier League and Championship clubs are playing out the remainder of the season so cardboard cut outs are viable for them.

Cardboard cut outs won’t beat Bill and Ben’s Chester team, our footballing ability that played Portsmouth off the park will.

Need to get BT or even better £5 a pop Alty TV tickets for this one.

Come on you Robins!!!

As I said, I respect their reasoning, in particular the note about fan finance. I only posted as someone had mentioned the flags and atmosphere - something KGR have worked hard to improve over the last 12-18 months, and it's a huge shame there will be little atmosphere in the ground until fans can return.

And as my last line states, I hope the club will be doing something to add something to the empty terrace - Bath city is printing flags for example, which can be re-used for future big games (either a photo or a message; even if we just approach businesses to print banners across the main stand where the cameras might be.

(NB. Whether it's for one game or not, Chester FC aren't even guaranteed a home game and are running a scheme. Many clubs are using them for the start of season where fans might still not be able to get in.)
It's all my fault.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 12:39:32 PM »

Looks like the league has said  no friendlies to be played.

Full time and proud of it

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 01:54:26 PM »

The board have recognised that we have one home game v Chester (subject to FA approval) and our other two potential playoff games would be away (unless Gateshead do the improbable)

I would be confident of Gateshead's ability to win away at Brackley and Boston, If we get past Chester and York, that would give us a home final.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 02:58:30 PM »

The board have recognised that we have one home game v Chester (subject to FA approval) and our other two potential playoff games would be away (unless Gateshead do the improbable)

I would be confident of Gateshead's ability to win away at Brackley and Boston, If we get past Chester and York, that would give us a home final.

If my memory serves me correctly, results working in our favour ensured we were at home v Guiseley in the final the last time...?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 07:39:59 PM »

If Alty TV wish to charge us for watching the game live, should BT not be filming the match, I would more than willingly pay Alty TV and RR to provide the coverage.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 08:26:32 PM »

If Alty TV wish to charge us for watching the game live, should BT not be filming the match, I would more than willingly pay Alty TV and RR to provide the coverage.
Hi Steve. BT Sports own the broadcast rights to the National League so basically they get first dibs. Having then paid the additional fee for individual matches they aren’t likely to allow someone else to muscle in, broadcast separately and eat into their return on investment unfortunately. The gantry is another issue re personnel from different bodies social distancing in a very tight space.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2020, 08:28:56 PM »

But if they choose not to broadcast we’ll have PPV set up on Alty TV
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team