Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Chester - CONFIRMED (match thread)
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Altrincham v Chester - CONFIRMED (match thread)  (Read 8271 times)

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham v Chester - CONFIRMED (match thread)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 08:45:22 PM »

Are you aloud to bring some step ladders and peer over the fence ;D

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 11:14:24 PM »

But if they choose not to broadcast we’ll have PPV set up on Alty TV

I'd much prefer Alty TV and RR than BT sport.

If we do broadcast it then, if we cannot watch the game live, would we still be able to pay and watch the game later on Youtube?

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 11:56:58 PM »

Looks like the league has said  no friendlies to be played.

Interesting, why would they do that?

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 12:02:03 AM »

Looks like the league has said  no friendlies to be played.

Interesting, why would they do that?

I'd guess to reduce the risk of spreading the virus....on the assumption none of the clubs have the intelligence to work these things out for themselves!

cornishrobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 10:54:00 AM »

When will we know the date?  All I’ve read is 18/19 July?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 12:54:50 PM by cornishrobin »

andrewflynn

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2020, 12:32:22 PM »

If Alty TV wish to charge us for watching the game live, should BT not be filming the match, I would more than willingly pay Alty TV and RR to provide the coverage.
Hi Steve. BT Sports own the broadcast rights to the National League so basically they get first dibs. Having then paid the additional fee for individual matches they aren’t likely to allow someone else to muscle in, broadcast separately and eat into their return on investment unfortunately. The gantry is another issue re personnel from different bodies social distancing in a very tight space.

My worry is BT will hold onto these rights and make out as though they're going to broadcast right until the last second and then pull out.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2020, 12:56:01 PM »

If Alty TV wish to charge us for watching the game live, should BT not be filming the match, I would more than willingly pay Alty TV and RR to provide the coverage.
Hi Steve. BT Sports own the broadcast rights to the National League so basically they get first dibs. Having then paid the additional fee for individual matches they aren’t likely to allow someone else to muscle in, broadcast separately and eat into their return on investment unfortunately. The gantry is another issue re personnel from different bodies social distancing in a very tight space.

My worry is BT will hold onto these rights and make out as though they're going to broadcast right until the last second and then pull out.

I wonder what would happen if they only wanted to North and South final?

It's all my fault.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2020, 01:47:04 PM »

I wonder what would happen if they only wanted to North and South final?

It's a really blurred landscape as BT Sports have never shown much interest in NL North & South in the past (the ridiculous highlights embargo is connected to a separate highlights package for their own web platform). I wont pretend to be an expert on broadcast rights but it's my understanding is that BT have paid for broadcast rights for the National League in its entirety (I may be wrong) and as such could refuse live broadcast for anyone else - again I'm no expert but I don't think they would be so pedantic in this case. We would have to seek permission from the NL (and BT?) in that eventuality.

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Chester - CONFIRMED (match thread)