Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2020, 05:09:16 PM
281411 Posts in 23197 Topics by 2165 Members
Latest Member: bobins
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  Wigan « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wigan  (Read 699 times)
hsmith1
Regular First Team

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2020, 01:08:45 PM »

Our local rivals have gone into Administration

Harold
JD
Regular First Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 07:20:39 PM »

I think that is such a shame after all the success they had, but then it is difficult not to live above your means with a reduced income.

I hope they sort themselves out.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 07:25:24 PM by JD » Logged
Fairfield Alty
Youth \ Reserve Team

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 10:50:30 PM »

This could well relegate them as the twelve point deduction will be applied to this season

if they finish above the relegation zone but applied next season if they finish in the relegation places.

One Foot in the Grave
Regular First Team

Come on you Mighty Robin's !!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 12:35:29 AM »

Just been listening to Colin Murray on the EFL show on Quest. It's quite apparent that the problems lie with the deal struck between the Hong Kong consortium who Dave Whelan sold to, and the shady outfit who then came in. What has gone on sounds fairly near to fraud.
One Foot in the Grave
Regular First Team

Come on you Mighty Robin's !!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:18:01 PM »

The Times this morning reveal that the guy whose company originally bought the club from Dave Whelan is a high stakes professional poker player, and was also the owner of the company to which the club was subsequently sold. He has since stepped down from the second company.

The new owners are now refusing to put more money in. This is possibly because of a huge bet on Wigan being relegated, which has been placed in the Philippines. I think we can all guess who placed that bet.
Pages: [1]
« previous next »
    Jump to: