News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rumours

Author Topic: Rumours  (Read 4958 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Rumours
« on: June 28, 2020, 02:37:47 PM »

According to the non-league tittle tattle Twitter account Ceesay is signing along with Braid from Trafford. James Jones is going to FGR.

All unconfirmed but all highly likely
Full time and proud of it

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Rumours
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 02:43:30 PM »

After his performance at Pompey in the cup, I was hoping James would land up at a club of that sort of stature - FGR is disappointing. Ceesay is a no-brainer really. I don't know the other guy.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 02:46:12 PM »

Baird is CB
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 12:44:55 PM »

After his performance at Pompey in the cup, I was hoping James would land up at a club of that sort of stature - FGR is disappointing. Ceesay is a no-brainer really. I don't know the other guy.

Let's not kid ourselves that a move to a progressive club like FGR - in the top half of League Two - wouldn't be a fantastic move for someone like James and I'd be delighted for him.

Much of our own onwards progression will be based on re-investing funds like we did with JJ - the management will know this and hopefully have the players contracted accordingly.

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 02:59:04 PM »

Is JJ (James Jones ... the one true JJ) under contract with us??

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 11:15:46 PM »

If JJ gets a better gig at a decent club and we get a fee then I'd say good luck to him...

...as opposed to JJ going to a team in the same league!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 06:54:05 PM »

If JJ gets a better gig at a decent club and we get a fee then I'd say good luck to him...

The JJ deal suited both parties - the player looking after himself and his family, and us kicking on to the next level and seemingly ending our over-reliance on him as a sole outlet overnight.

JJ aside, it's about time we had a steady stream of alumni bettering themselves up the football pyramid - Duncan aside, we've never really had many.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 07:19:21 PM »

The JJ deal suited both parties - the player looking after himself and his family, and us kicking on to the next level and seemingly ending our over-reliance on him as a sole outlet overnight.

JJ aside, it's about time we had a steady stream of alumni bettering themselves up the football pyramid - Duncan aside, we've never really had many.

I couldn't agree more with that bit.

I just think its a shame that JJ - as much as I completely agree with looking after his family - stayed at the same level (could end up one level below us with luck!) and we can't see his talents at a higher level; I would have loved that.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 07:40:06 PM »

Absolutly agree its great to see an alty player progress and will watch JJs career with interest.

Just a shame if we didn't profit from it......PP has turned him into a ve3ry solid player and gave him a long run in the team showing a lot of faith in him.

Happy with Tom and Toby as our CBs....

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 08:33:45 AM »

I couldn't agree more with that bit.

I just think its a shame that JJ - as much as I completely agree with looking after his family - stayed at the same level (could end up one level below us with luck!) and we can't see his talents at a higher level; I would have loved that.

It's obviously easy for me to say now, comparing him to seomone like Durrell - but I doubt Johnston will be anything more than a competent National League player at best - I wish him no ill and hope he proves me wrong in time (ideally not for Chester).

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 02:26:42 PM »

Are these still only RUMOURS?
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rumours