PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York City v Altrincham playoff match thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: York City v Altrincham playoff match thread  (Read 18121 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« on: July 21, 2020, 10:23:31 AM »

An intriguing prospect. We certainly need to step up a gear from Sunday. I'd start Richman for Durrell on the simple basis that we absolutely have to consider the prospect of a penalty shootout, and Durrell would be essential to that.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: York City v Altrincham playoff match thread
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 10:48:37 AM »

An intriguing prospect. We certainly need to step up a gear from Sunday. I'd start Richman for Durrell on the simple basis that we absolutely have to consider the prospect of a penalty shootout, and Durrell would be essential to that.

Most our subs were card related initially (albeit the game was pretty much over on 70); Lundstrum and Hulme booked and subbed shortly after a card each.

But on your point; Richman replaced Lundstrum and Mahon replaced Durrell. Will Peers start? I wonder if Peers will be picked to counter McNulty as per the FA Cup?

It's all my fault.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 11:00:40 AM »

Start 2 up front as McNulty will grab and hold Jordan out of the game (and probably get away with it like he has for years). Hope Densmore is back too. If all 11 turn up we win it in 90 for me but this will be the toughest game of the possible 3.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 11:20:06 AM »

Glass half empty side of me is afraid of it being third time lucky for York. The glass half full side says that we've already won there twice and can do it again! If we can up our game from Sunday and stay organised we will do it. Got a sneaky feeling we're going to do it. With the skill and spirit of this squad, we've always got a shout.
Come on you Supers, we're all right behind you!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 11:41:44 AM »

Very tough assignment but we’ve now played in 3 of these high stakes play off games in a little over 14 months and never lost any of them within 90 minutes, they might have an experienced squad but still a new experience for this York team so that combined with our superb recent record at York gives me confidence.

This one will be a bit like beating Nuneaton or Kettering back in 2005, a tall order but if we get through it then I’d be very confident for the final. Come on Alty.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 11:56:08 AM »

Just the pressure was on us Saturday, the pressure shifts to them. Some poor Spring results meant they lost their PPG lead and then lost their twitter campaign to have two via PPG.

Another year well below their natural level would be a huge blow.
It's all my fault.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 11:59:53 AM »

And what formation would you play?

Durrell should start on current form . I am impressed with Mooney but we do miss some pace out wide.

Same team but Dens for Hampson, we really missed him and he is a lot more solid than Hampson.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 12:26:13 PM »

And what formation would you play?

Durrell should start on current form . I am impressed with Mooney but we do miss some pace out wide.

Same team but Dens for Hampson, we really missed him and he is a lot more solid than Hampson.

I think we look okay for pace; we latched on to a 1-on-1 Mooney and Durrell both went through thanks to some weighted balls.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 01:02:03 PM »

Durrell absolutely has to start, simple as that - and Mooney too, he was our best player on Sunday.

The Peers v Hulme one is interesting; Peers has done well when called upon in our previous ties with them - but he did seem a bit off the pace on Sunday, always hard to judge when you're not getting much of the ball.

Densmore to come in for White, I'd probably keep Hampson as he had a good game on Sunday.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 01:29:31 PM »

The consensus from York seems to be we were woeful on Sunday and nothing to worry about. I think the substitutions unsettled us but we had to make them to protect those on yellow cards and also I think we collectively took our foot off the gas at 3-0. It will
be a totally different game at York.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 01:37:36 PM »

Durrell absolutely has to start, simple as that - and Mooney too, he was our best player on Sunday.

The Peers v Hulme one is interesting; Peers has done well when called upon in our previous ties with them - but he did seem a bit off the pace on Sunday, always hard to judge when you're not getting much of the ball.

Densmore to come in for White, I'd probably keep Hampson as he had a good game on Sunday.

Peers seems to do better when he starts vs. coming on. And also when we're not just clearing our lines and asking him to hold it up.

I may be wrong, but has Dens actually trained recently? Sounds like he's sat out of the built up to shield
It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2020, 01:46:48 PM »

The consensus from York seems to be we were woeful on Sunday and nothing to worry about. I think the substitutions unsettled us but we had to make them to protect those on yellow cards and also I think we collectively took our foot off the gas at 3-0. It will

Were the underdogs against full timers, let them think what they like. I am sure we'll be up for this. Its hard for all after months not playing.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2020, 02:03:36 PM »

Densmore in at rb, White at LB and if Durrell and Hulme dont start someone will have to resuscitate me
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2020, 02:04:12 PM »

Were the underdogs against full timers, let them think what they like. I am sure we'll be up for this. Its hard for all after months not playing.

I actually think our poor performance second half - and just about scraping over the line - was the best scenario. Let them think it's going to easy - I'm sure most of them know it won't be.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2020, 07:38:26 PM »

One big advantage we have is having played a competitive game. Could be a big help to us.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team