PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York City v Altrincham playoff match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: York City v Altrincham playoff match thread  (Read 18159 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: York City v Altrincham playoff match thread
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2020, 08:04:47 PM »

See our old friend Yemi Odubade scored the 95th minute winner for Weymouth. He must be in his (very) late thirties now, surely?

Isn’t he a very good violinist....😛😋

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2020, 08:06:58 PM »

See our old friend Yemi Odubade scored the 95th minute winner for Weymouth. He must be in his (very) late thirties now, surely?

Isn’t he a very good violinist....😛😋

Probably a better violinist than footballer! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: York City v Altrincham playoff match thread got
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2020, 10:26:05 PM »

Grim watching on a tele rather than real life, f**k being a premier league fan. Tried to get nervous but in reality we were miles better than them and it was never in doubt. Moult controlled the show and our front 4 are electric.

We’re going Notts county instead

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2020, 10:58:38 PM »

Harrogate more likely, thank goodness Portsmouth beat them! :) Maybe even Macc depending on how the fl farce ends! Whatever, ,take it. And if we miss out, not going up is not nearly so bad as it used to be, plenty of high profile games. I was thinking back to the first time we won the npl, and Workslop was our biggest game! And after them, a chllly Whitby with a slab of meat for a prize in the raffle and only giving results from other Yorkshire teams... a different world...

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2020, 08:50:53 AM »

Massive performance from all players, but Hampson and Hulme were immense.

Lundstrom was my mom.

Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2020, 09:33:27 AM »

Very professional performance, hard to fault anyone. Onto Boston now, same mentality and performance and we'll do ok. Further travelling is a concern.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2020, 12:44:34 PM »

Great performance.....onto Boston with confidence. As others have said, FA cup run and play-off final....brilliant, just need to stop starting campaigns in first gear

York will be truly pi$$ed off, reckon they threw big money at promotion back last July
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2020, 12:59:13 PM »

What a result and what a performance-  we pretty much bossed the game, other than a 10 minute spell for York in the first half.

The result was a fair reflection of the match and if we had got one more, it would not have been unjust on York - who just didn't have the pace, skill or fitness to deal with us.

Pretty much everyone brought their best game to Bootham Crescent, but Mooney's pace, aggression and interplay was outstanding-  best player swap we have ever done.

Away to Boston even with an empty ground if a very tough ask, but this team have the quality and resilience to do it.

Loving being an Alty fan these days, just gutted that these games are behind closed doors.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2020, 02:42:24 PM »

Ever since we conceded on 2 minutes at Chester in the FA Cup when we finally clicked, BPA aside, it's a brilliant season.

Well done Phil, Neil and the sqaud.
It's all my fault.

Pompey Paul

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2020, 09:37:17 PM »

Harrogate more likely, thank goodness Portsmouth beat them! :) Maybe even Macc depending on how the fl farce ends! Whatever, ,take it. And if we miss out, not going up is not nearly so bad as it used to be, plenty of high profile games. I was thinking back to the first time we won the npl, and Workslop was our biggest game! And after them, a chllly Whitby with a slab of meat for a prize in the raffle and only giving results from other Yorkshire teams... a different world...
Do you mind?, we are still watching and wish both yourselves and Harrogate the best of luck in your finals!

onetoothsdad

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2020, 07:37:21 AM »

Are there any highlights annywhere of our match? I see the Boston v Gateshead is already on youtube but l cant find ours.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2020, 08:25:08 AM »

Do you mind?, we are still watching and wish both yourselves and Harrogate the best of luck in your finals!
Great to hear from you, and thanks for the good wishes. I'm sure I wasn't alone in rooting for you in your playoffs. Hopefully next season you can get automatic promotion.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2020, 03:29:20 PM »

Are there any highlights annywhere of our match? I see the Boston v Gateshead is already on youtube but l cant find ours.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/videos

As ever with the League highlights not really a representative package, missing out York's two best efforts and those of Lundstram and Mooney in the 2nd half.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 03:35:53 PM by JTH »

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2020, 05:57:44 PM »

Just reviewing the footage and one thing that may have gone under the radar a little was that the build up to Josh Hancocks goal included 15 passes amongst which was that pinpoint Jake Moult 60 yrd+ Hoddlesque pass. Would have looked better from a higher vantage point though.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2020, 07:56:39 PM »

I too hope  that Portsmouth are soon back where they belong! I hope Harrogate get into the league as well, I just can't see it. I think most of us were glad to be going to Portsmouth in the cup rather than Harrogate though, a great away day. I had a good experience at Fratton Park once when we stayed in Portsmouth overnight. It turned out that someone who worked at the ground (this was preseason) had previously lived in Sale and sorted us out with some old Portsmouth programmes. It's little things like this that people really appreciate.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 York City v Altrincham playoff match thread