PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who do we need for next season
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Who do we need for next season  (Read 15765 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Who do we need for next season
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2020, 06:57:27 PM »

Are we at a disadvantage not knowing what league we will be next season?
Every other teams has the choice of whose available now etc
@AltyDaz

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2020, 07:09:51 PM »

Are we at a disadvantage not knowing what league we will be next season?
Every other teams has the choice of whose available now etc

If we lose, this sqaud did most of its North strengthening in March.
Keeping Lundstram and Durell would be key and replacing Jones.

Going up could be an issue but if we're adding, we've had three competitive games, so a lot of the preseason work may put us ahead
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2020, 08:58:35 PM »

If we go up:

- Replace Deasy
- New CB
- New Fullback
- Replace Harrop
- Replace Richman
- New Striker

If we stay in CN

- New CB
- Replace Harrop
- Replace Deasy (if unfit)

Deasy? Thought we'd already replaced him. 😉

Shows how much Drench has featured this season

If drench is not on a fortune, he's the ideal stand in for TT. Happy to have a club at his age at this level and a good back up if needed.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2020, 09:19:52 PM »

Max Harrop. Love to see him become the player I think he could become, but that won't happen with us if we go up, that squad place is too precious. If we stay down, he has a case to stay but not surprised if he moved on.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2020, 11:38:59 AM »

A lot, of course, depends on who comes on the market.

It sounds daft to mention it seeing as it wasn't so long ago that JJ chased the money - but it would be interesting to see if picking up Chester players could be an option (and NOT to get JJ back either!)

Full backs do cause me a bit of concern too - although Hampson has seemed like a different player again these last 2 games.

Not many feel comfortable discussing on an open forum - however is anyone willing to share who they would release?

Don't think Chester players are an option. Both centre backs in their mid thirties and the Chester fans themselves don't fancy their full backs!
Midfield and up front, we're much better throughout imo

Coming back on to the Chester thing, I see Matty Waters has decided to leave, which has disappointed most of their fanbase.

Caused us some real problems when he came on the other week, seems to have an absolute wand of a left foot, and only 23 - strikes me as quite a shrewd signing?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2020, 04:12:12 PM »

If we go up:

- Replace Deasy
- New CB
- New Fullback
- Replace Harrop
- Replace Richman
- New Striker

If we stay in CN

- New CB
- Replace Harrop
- Replace Deasy (if unfit)

Deasy? Thought we'd already replaced him. 😉

Shows how much Drench has featured this season

If drench is not on a fortune, he's the ideal stand in for TT. Happy to have a club at his age at this level and a good back up if needed.

Drench was on. £500 a week when we signed him
Full time and proud of it

Jenga

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2020, 07:14:24 PM »

It sounds daft to mention it seeing as it wasn't so long ago that JJ chased the money - but it would be interesting to see if picking up Chester players could be an option (and NOT to get JJ back either!)

Full backs do cause me a bit of concern too - although Hampson has seemed like a different player again these last 2 games.

Not many feel comfortable discussing on an open forum - however is anyone willing to share who they would release?

Don't think Chester players are an option. Both centre backs in their mid thirties and the Chester fans themselves don't fancy their full backs!

Coming back on to the Chester thing, I see Matty Waters has decided to leave, which has disappointed most of their fanbase.

Caused us some real problems when he came on the other week, seems to have an absolute wand of a left foot, and only 23 - strikes me as quite a shrewd signing?

Would we want a chester bench player. When he came on, we would have already been shattered.  Just asking the question really, i dont know anything about him.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2020, 08:34:02 PM »

Would we want a chester bench player. When he came on, we would have already been shattered.  Just asking the question really, i dont know anything about him.

It’s a fair question, but in my opinion Chester are/were blessed with the best 2 left backs in the league. Either of which could play in league above. It’s no surprise that Waters isn’t prepared to sit behind Joel Taylor for another season. I’d have him here in a heartbeat.
And don’t forget we signed Durrell from York’s bench!

Although, I’d agree with the (further) above that Hampson’s post lockdown performance in the play offs was worlds ahead of his form in the regular season this year.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2020, 09:25:49 PM »

Don't think another full back is top of our shopping list

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2020, 10:59:53 PM »

Don't think another full back is top of our shopping list

I'm not so sure. Although Richman has covered at RB very well, is he good enough cover at the next level?
After a centre back, I think full back MIGHT be our next need!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2020, 09:55:59 AM »

Centre back, quick winger and centre forward.

If we can't get Lungstrum for a seasons loan a centre mid.

Assume we'll keep Wynne on dual reg.

Would imagine Drench and Harrop will be moved on

Matt Taylor

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2020, 11:51:06 AM »

Most of the rebuilding/squad evolution was done already in January - which was Parkinson’s best work since he joined, and won us promotion. But we still need to replace Dench, Jones and Branson from the side that started last season. With bringing Lundstram back for longer being the obvious first choice for the midfield role.

I’d rather see a quick forward come in instead of a winger. We had one of those, until January, and we looked a much better side once it was removed.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2020, 12:55:43 PM »

Thing with wanting another forward is where or when will they play?  We play with one up front and that spot is already filled. We are t going to find a national league quality forward prepared to sit on the bench until Jordan gets injured or suspended. It’s a role Peers is prepared to do and I’m. It sure how much higher quality we can find that will be that patient. I’d hope Parky has his eye on a couple of potential loans that could be brought in on short notice if Jordan does face a spell out of action

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2020, 06:33:48 PM »

Dont forget Parky already has forwards James Hooper and young Louis Salmon from Trafford lined up to bring on and support Jordan.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2020, 06:54:30 PM »

Dont forget Parky already has forwards James Hooper and young Louis Salmon from Trafford lined up to bring on and support Jordan.

Should leap at the chance of being Jordan's understudy!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who do we need for next season