Hybrid

Author Topic: Hybrid  (Read 3151 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Hybrid
« on: August 02, 2020, 07:24:18 PM »

Wonder if it could happen as soon as next season ? PP mentioned it n the Non League Paper

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hybrid
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 07:35:38 PM »

Wonder if it could happen as soon as next season ? PP mentioned it n the Non League Paper

I think, if we can afford it, it's the way forward
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 07:38:34 PM »

It would be great if it could, but we've thrown a lot of money at the playoffs (well spent thank goodness !)

This season we have to consolidate our National League status. The 2021-2 season could be where we push on.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 08:29:18 PM »

Last time we went up Popeye decided not to commit to national League. I wonder if that will happen this time

altering um

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 10:53:38 PM »

No, no, no. If it means half the  players meet  every day, run about, get massaged etc while  the other half do jobs every day, meet for training on thursday evening and play (with the other half) on saturday. Y' can't build a team on that basis. A stupid idea.
 First time I heard of 'hybrid model' was Stalybridge Celtic. Pioneers they were...
 Any other hybrid success stories?

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 11:01:51 PM »

I think there will have to be a general reassessment of finances in football in the current climate, with players being released from bigger clubs, and even clubs heading back towards part-time status. I am sure I saw Southport were doing that, even before the pandemic.

We should be better placed to withstand that than most, especially those clubs who rely on sugardaddies. In general, though, it looks like a difficult time to implement ambitious plans.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 11:13:33 PM by Sale Holmfield »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 09:13:40 AM »

I think there will have to be a general reassessment of finances in football in the current climate, with players being released from bigger clubs, and even clubs heading back towards part-time status. I am sure I saw Southport were doing that, even before the pandemic.

We should be better placed to withstand that than most, especially those clubs who rely on sugardaddies. In general, though, it looks like a difficult time to implement ambitious plans.

I'd say this was a great time, IF we went full time we wouldn't be picking up the worst full time players, we could offer player security of a monthly pay packet.

Six of the top nine of the conference have been in Conference North or relegation battles in recent years.
It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 09:22:37 AM »

I think were already Hybrid, Durrell and Mooney are they not full time?

Stockport were I believe if not still?

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hybrid