PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boston United : Playoff Final match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Boston United : Playoff Final match thread  (Read 23350 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United : Playoff Final match thread
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2020, 08:39:29 PM »

furious there was not even a token representation of supporters at york st today, we cant go on like this forever, nearly as many folks dying in accidents AS from this bug goin round - when we goin to get bCK TO NORMALTY? I read that 100,000 plus kids will starve globally from gvt lckdowns,  compared to three (so I heard) in the uk who have died from "the bug". we need to get it sorted

See you've been on the celebration sauce like me for the last few hours! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2020, 08:52:42 PM »

Hope Phil Parkinson reads this, he deserves a f**king statue, he’s taken us from Coalville to Notts County (maybe) in three years. Un be f**kin leave able

Phil, thank you!

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2020, 09:05:20 PM »

PARKY HAD A DREAM👑

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2020, 09:11:01 PM »

furious there was not even a token representation of supporters at york st today, we cant go on like this forever, nearly as many folks dying in accidents AS from this bug goin round - when we goin to get bCK TO NORMALTY? I read that 100,000 plus kids will starve globally from gvt lckdowns,  compared to three (so I heard) in the uk who have died from "the bug". we need to get it sorted

Well said that man.

Protect the vulnerable and let the rest get on with life.

With C19 laying peoples' spirits low, it is a magnificent boost for us Alty fans to have something as momentous as this to celebrate. Thank you all at Alty FC who have made this happen!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2020, 09:59:56 PM »

Coalville? What about Mickleover? I never felt worried today but glad we didn't have to go to penalties. Gutted for their goalie but looking forward to another season in the National League. We were better than Chorley last season so here's hoping.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2020, 12:22:42 AM »

Highlights on you tube now.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2020, 10:58:07 AM »

we even got a mention on the FA cup final commentary
Harold

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2020, 01:52:47 PM »

Outstanding performance 2nd half.

Hard to single out individuals, but Malarkey and Richman stepped up and were superb.

Massive well done to everyone involved
Full time and proud of it

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2020, 05:57:18 PM »

A superb achievement, credit to everyone, management, players, back room staff, board, fans. The performances under massive pressure have been great.

Phil should get on the phone to NcNulty and persuade him to go part time. We’re going to have some tough moments next season and someone of his experience would be invaluable.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2020, 06:09:56 PM »

A superb achievement, credit to everyone, management, players, back room staff, board, fans. The performances under massive pressure have been great.

Phil should get on the phone to NcNulty and persuade him to go part time. We’re going to have some tough moments next season and someone of his experience would be invaluable.

Thought McNulty played part time on Saturday! 😉
Two years younger, and perhaps. but not now
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2020, 06:33:28 PM »

Marvellous stuff. Congratulations to the team and management.

Thank God that we ditched Doughty and appointed Parkinson & Sorvel.

Fantastic and great see cult praising the management. How times change😉😇

Ian,

I'm absolutely delighted to be able to praise the Alty management. Indeed, I was fortunate enough to bump into none other than Neil Sorvel himself outside the newsagent's near to the J Davidson Stadium earlier this afternoon and proceed to thank him in person for his invaluable contribution to the club's renaissance over the last three seasons, all of which culminated in yesterday's promotion.

My issue was always about the leadership at the helm of the club. Thankfully, a sea change has occurred at the J Davidson Stadium since the moribund wreck that existed at the end of the wretched 2016/17 relegation season and the club now looks progressive and professional both on and off the pitch.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2020, 08:44:49 PM »

Ian,
I'm absolutely delighted to be able to praise the Alty management. Indeed, I was fortunate enough to bump into none other than Neil Sorvel himself outside the newsagent's near to the J Davidson Stadium earlier this afternoon and proceed to thank him in person for his invaluable contribution to the club's renaissance over the last three seasons, all of which culminated in yesterday's promotion.

My issue was always about the leadership at the helm of the club. Thankfully, a sea change has occurred at the J Davidson Stadium since the moribund wreck that existed at the end of the wretched 2016/17 relegation season and the club now looks progressive and professional both on and off the pitch.

I agree but pray tell me who ditched Doughty and appointed PP and NS ? .. the leadership you had issue with,.. so they didnt get everything wrong did they ;)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2020, 09:10:37 PM »

Ian,

I agree but pray tell me who ditched Doughty and appointed PP and NS ? .. the leadership you had issue with,.. so they didnt get everything wrong did they ;)

Old wounds BUT I am puzzled by a process that can get it so horribly wrong three times in short succession then delivers a superb decision. Hey ho.

Where was I?

Oh yes.

WE ARE GOING UP SING WE ARE GOING UP ☝☝☝

altering um

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2020, 10:59:30 PM »

re the above few... not now, eh?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boston United : Playoff Final match thread