PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 7700 capacity
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 7700 capacity  (Read 7872 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
7700 capacity
« on: August 03, 2020, 09:31:02 AM »

Massive.

Great that the capacity has been reclassified meaning we’ve much more flexibility should we have to start with reduced capacity for social distancing. I’ll be buying my first ever season ticket in over 30 years service. This will help make sure you get in should the capacity be restricted, get you first in the queue for all ticket games, help with FA cup tickets. Save the clubs gate people having to handle cash and also cut down match day queues.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 7700 capacity
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 09:45:46 AM »

I'll be looking at one. Haven't bought one in 6 years.

I'm hoping the club will look at going beyond the paper book and give a plastic card that'll fit in a wallet. My abiding Memories of my last ticket was being on the naughty list for forgetting it most weeks.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 10:41:16 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 10:09:24 AM »

I'm sure we had more than that in when we played the second leg of the senior Cup final against Ken Barnes's Witton Albion! 😉 😂🤣😂🤣
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 10:26:16 AM »

Excellent news

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 10:52:14 AM »

Yes-if my maths is correct if the widely quoted 25% figure then we’d be allowed 1925 people in and if the upper alternative of 33% then 2541 people. Either way those are very healthy figures. I think what with the implications of reduced capacities at City/United then we might get some unexpectedly larger attendances so good to have that flexibility.

The thing which would be difficult to police would be away fans as I’ve heard an up to 5% figure mooted which for 2/3 of the league with a reduced capacity would still be fine given all the Southern clubs-your Sutton’s/Bromley’s/Dovers/Eastleighs etc are bringing about 75-100 I reckon. Given a lot of our own fans don’t live in the immediate area to the ground & the difficulties of policing away fans buying tickets online then that would be trickier against County (x2), Wrexham, Hartlepool, Chesterfield. Something like you have to be a Season Ticket holder of the away club & all away is fully ticketed in advance with no pay on the day might be the option.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 11:17:06 AM »

I'm hoping the club will look at going beyond the paper book and give a plastic card that'll fit in a wallet. My abiding Memories of my last ticket was being on the naughty list for forgetting it most weeks.

Electronic strip wallet cards would be great. Especially if you can only get to half the games and they were loaded to let two people in each time (I. E. Me and Mrs Saughall). I'd definitely get one under those more flexible circumstances. Saves all the faff of half - season tickets too!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 11:20:36 AM »

Electronic strip wallet cards would be great. Especially if you can only get to half the games and they were loaded to let two people in each time (I. E. Me and Mrs Saughall). I'd definitely get one under those more flexible circumstances. Saves all the faff of half - season tickets too!

Just get it under A. Saughall with no title attached 😁
It's all my fault.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 11:27:28 AM »

Pleased with the higher number but surprised. Adding an extra 2 people for every 3 at the guisely final would have been very cosy!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 11:31:44 AM »

Even at 15% capacity it would give over 1150.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 11:37:04 AM »

Would most of if  not all of the games be all ticket under reduced capacity ? Even Dover at home with a capacity of 2k could get a high demand if we are doing well and City /United fans cant get tickets for their games .Also could all or some games be streamed if the ban on Saturday 3pm kick offs gets lifted ?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 11:45:56 AM by Timperley The Best »

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 11:43:31 AM »

Would we also have too many away fans at some games?  What’s the away capacity at Sutton, especially if they expand the home section a bit to get all their fans in at 25%?  Given southern exiles have been starved of games for years we could see a big turn out. Maybe more of an issue at stockport

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 01:45:03 PM »

I think this capacity is pretty realistic - I was there against Sheffield United where there were officially 5100 or so but it was initially reported as 8000 - and there was room for more.

perhaps more to the point - when we played Orient there were 7800 plus there and the ground was pretty much the same as it is now - it was packed in places but wasn't bursting at the seams everywhere.

This is great news, especially if we get a big FA Cup tie at home or we end up in the league - hope the 10 year plan for the ground keeps the capacity around the 8000 mark.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 02:27:00 PM »

Isn't it great to be an Alty fan right now?   Even with reduced capacity, we are talking about the possibility of selling out our home games.  This is super motivating and exciting - bouncing!!

We are likely to push the adoption of e-ticketing further, including for season tickets which will almost certainly therefore be plastic cards.  This will help us with track and trace among other things.  We are planning for the unknown to some extent, but one possible scenario is "Advance ticket sales only" - we will put in place processes to handle a number of different scenarios.  We want all of you back inside the ground - safely and securely - and once more lifting this team to new heights!

A lot for the board to do this week - we will be looking to get updates out when we can as the week goes on.

And for Mr Saughall, Altrincham 3 Witton Albion 1 Att: 7290.    The previous season the Cheshire League Title showdown  Altrincham 5 Macclesfield Town 0 Att: 7329.  And the season after, the Cheshire League Title decider that went against us Altrincham 0 Macclesfield Town 2 Att: 8721

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2020, 02:37:46 PM »

Isn't it great to be an Alty fan right now?   Even with reduced capacity, we are talking about the possibility of selling out our home games.  This is super motivating and exciting - bouncing!!

We are likely to push the adoption of e-ticketing further, including for season tickets which will almost certainly therefore be plastic cards.  This will help us with track and trace among other things.  We are planning for the unknown to some extent, but one possible scenario is "Advance ticket sales only" - we will put in place processes to handle a number of different scenarios.  We want all of you back inside the ground - safely and securely - and once more lifting this team to new heights!

A lot for the board to do this week - we will be looking to get updates out when we can as the week goes on.

And for Mr Saughall, Altrincham 3 Witton Albion 1 Att: 7290.    The previous season the Cheshire League Title showdown  Altrincham 5 Macclesfield Town 0 Att: 7329.  And the season after, the Cheshire League Title decider that went against us Altrincham 0 Macclesfield Town 2 Att: 8721

Thanks for that MG! What I remember most is the changing ends at half time was very congested indeed and a little worrying!

Any chance the proposed etickets could be shared as I've suggested? Would that be feasible?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2020, 04:29:33 PM »

Not fussed about Witton and let’s ignore the 2-0.

But oh my word, clinching a league title (or making it more or less done and dusted?) by beating Macc 5-0 in a decisive game in front of 7,329 at a bouncing Moss Lane.

Well, if that’s not a party I don’t know what is! 😁
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 7700 capacity