PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 League recommend no Season tickets
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: League recommend no Season tickets  (Read 13101 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: League recommend no Season tickets
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2020, 05:37:35 PM »

John Mcaliskey's behind it all, mark my words.

I know this forum's always been a bit crackers, but people offering monetary bets on death rates takes it to the next level.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2020, 09:41:26 PM »

I know this forum's always been a bit crackers, but people offering monetary bets on death rates takes it to the next level.
I think we've actually skipped two or three levels.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2020, 10:26:46 PM »

As in the lad we had a few years ago?

Did he start all this off!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2020, 10:30:34 PM »

As in the lad we had a few years ago?

Did he start all this off!

Either him or Fabio Bassangue, I reckon.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

admin

• Administrator
  • Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2020, 06:42:14 AM »

I Just think it’s great people are engaging with the forum once more

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2020, 04:55:55 PM »

The point is though, when can we have crowds again at Moss Lane? That's what we all want to know. Any ideas, or is it pointless trying to guess with the capriciousness (among other things) of this government (lucky  I didn't go to France)? Are we still on for crowds back in October? Are the postponed crowd trials still happening? I see they have a crowd for the snooker final (apparently Ronnie was against it) so presumably some sort of trials are happening. Until and unless clear conditions are laid out for a return to crowds, all we can do is guess.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2020, 05:52:06 PM »

I don't mind wearing a mask throughout the game, which may be made mandatory first. If so and providing there isn't another spike before then, it may be the actual start date of the weekend of 3rd October. They can always delay it further, or with the number restrictions, by also making big games such as the Derbies all-ticket plus season ticket holders only. No objections to no away fans also at first, after all it will be the same for all teams in the league. That way, we should be able to cover all the games. TV will also help.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2020, 07:56:55 PM »

Rocky, never mind about pub theories, just keep looking at the facts, the real bottom line.

The usual suspects said Sweden's more limited approach would be a disaster so I kept an eye on their death rate (from official sources) - and guess what happened?

When people started playing the economy over people's lives nonsense, I said that crashing the economy kills quite a lot of people - guess what's happening?

Open your flipping eyes man, this is serious stuff, that's why I'm bothered about this.

Oh what's the use, go on believing the lies if you want to. It's like someone said, it's no use trying to argue with some people.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

JD, I remember Darren (the Darren who likes to start the chants on the Golf Road sometimes) confided that watching this club was his release when he had been going through a really stressful time (no details as it's private stuff). What will people like him do now? The sum total of nothing in recent times, seemingly, and I really worry about the effects all this will have.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Nb, the average daily deaths from this virus appear to be about 15 at the moment (not pub theory, fact - like I say, open your eyes man). reportedly several times lower than the combined deaths from flu and pneumonia at this time (do your own research if you like - I can believe it though). I repeat - "it's an emergency, I'll get right on it". (Name the film!)

Also worth noting: Reportedly (and it certainly rings true) the average age of deaths from covid-19 worldwide is 81, the average comorbidities are 2.5 - if you are young and healthy, there is a negligible chance of dying from it. (Again, do your own research - and preferably before spouting the pub theories crap, it's not really patriotism that's the last refuge of the scoundrel, it's ad hominems)

ps lies are actually pretty much what we're getting - newspapers talking about an increase in cases rather than an increase in positive test results (with false positives and negatives being an issue as only a tiny percentage of the population are  infected), and with a lot of positive test results relating to people who are asymptomatic anyway, and newspapers failing to add that an increase in positive test results just happened to coincide with an increase in testing and that there has been no corresponding increase in hospitalizations (all facts, do your research, man, or else don't sound off)- lies by omission, to create a better story I suppose... (and you can have that last bit about a better story for your "pub theories" if you want!). This might reasonably be described as lies by omission. And as for the people who came up with a system of recording deaths that never allowed for people recovering from covid-19 and then dying of something else - or did the big news about the official deaths being reduced by over 5,000 pass you by? As for the excess deaths, well we'll see how many more deaths there are this year than last year. Do you want to have a bet on it - you seem to believe the 46,000 figure, that large numbers are still dying, that many more will die from it this winter - very well, twenty quid on it - you want to believe that there will be 15,000 more deaths this year, or 50,000 or 60,000, put your money where your mouth is, and I'll pay you at the next match we're at (if we ever get to go to a match again) after the figures are released, or give it to someone to pass on to you.

On second thoughts, let's make it interesting. You're a bank manager or something (last I heard), and it's not a problem to me. Let's say 200 pounds. If you're up for it of course, and no pressure or anything. And we can iron out the rules and decide on a referee if you are.And  If I still have any money left by next year. Like I say, this government is bankrupting the country.

It is good to see someone else who has looked at facts beyond the mainstream media and the government. I find the Coronaphobia  and hysteria appalling and dangerous.

altering um

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2020, 08:45:52 PM »

Don't start the season until it's deemed 'safe' for anyone wanting to go the match, to do so. What's the point? Closed doors/ 20% capacity defeats the whole object of a football club. And I can't see how it would help financially.
 I know the 'deemed safe' bit is contentious, I'm not getting into that. Hopefully it will happen before 3rd Oct. Just don't play football with nobody there.

While the Pools Panel decides A-level results... King's Lynn did not win the league.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2020, 09:22:53 PM »

We've been operating at less than 20% capacity for a heck of a while. Even before the increased rating it has been rare for our average gate to be more than that (I. E. Over 1200 odd). The new rating means that now rises to over 1500? So no away fans perhaps and we'd be fine.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2020, 12:06:00 AM »

We've been operating at less than 20% capacity for a heck of a while. Even before the increased rating it has been rare for our average gate to be more than that (I. E. Over 1200 odd). The new rating means that now rises to over 1500? So no away fans perhaps and we'd be fine.

So no away fans perhaps and we'd be fine.

100% agreement with no away fans. Not to start with.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2020, 01:26:29 PM »

Personally I'd be perfectly happy if we could stream games via Alty TV on a pay-per-view basis. I don't see me risking away matches this side of Christmas.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2020, 01:47:17 PM »

Personally I'd be perfectly happy if we could stream games via Alty TV on a pay-per-view basis. I don't see me risking away matches this side of Christmas.

Totally agree even at £10 per game but at the moment it cant be  between 3pm and 5.30pm on a Saturday

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2020, 10:05:34 PM »

If the National League want to do their members a favour (and this is the other burning question) perhaps they could save as many of the bigger matches as possible (the likes of Alty v Stockport for a start) until later in the season when hopefully things will be somewhat back to normal.  Any chance of that?

And of course, I agree with JD - coronaphobia is dangerous! Daily deaths appear to be about 11 now (less than 1% of all deaths), the collateral of these restrictions is horrendous, and what exactly is the exit strategy - does anyone know? Even Graham Brady can't get an answer from these people!

Sorry all, but I suspect it is unrealistic to expect no comment on the lockdown at the moment... give us our football and our rights back and I'll never mention it again!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 10:19:29 PM by Hugh »

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2020, 10:21:19 PM »

If the National League want to do their members a favour (and this is the other burning question) perhaps they could save as many of the bigger matches as possible (the likes of Alty v Stockport for a start) until later in the season when hopefully things will be somewhat back to normal.  Any chance of that?
I was wondering about that too, and it does seem a good idea, but the increased number of midweek matches could make it impractical, as they are usually early in the season.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 League recommend no Season tickets