PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Durrell
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Durrell  (Read 8864 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Durrell
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2020, 12:30:59 PM »

Sorry, just seen it now on club twitter, very disappointed as becoming one of my favourite players but understand his reasoning.

That will strengthen Wrexham and weaken us initially, but hopefully we will have irons in the fire. It certainly will not stop me from looking forward very much to next season.

Get us another goodun, Phil and Neil.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2020, 12:43:57 PM »

Mission Accomplished - Get us promoted and we will put you in the shop window.  The most amazing 8 hour on the field career from any Robin ever!  Wrexham holds a special place in Elliotts heart; but now so does Alty.

We can now point to Owen Dale, James Jones, Josh Lundstram (you would expect!) and Elliott as progressing as a result of a spell at Alty.  This really helps in attracting young players, loan players and players looking to re-establish themselves - of benefit to the player and to the club too.  An important strand of our strategy bearing fruit.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2020, 01:30:55 PM »

I was among the early doubters when we signed Elliott. I'd still not forgiven him for that Hednesford performance. But he proved me wrong about him. At Blyth when he came over to applaud the fans he was the last one to leave, and I realised he was fully invested in the club.

I doubt anybody has ever matched his average of goals per minute in an Alty career. You did us proud Elliott, and your quickfire entry onto the pitch at Blyth, and that cracking strike at Hereford, will be among my favourite Alty memories.

Good luck, but don't spoil it all with a wild celebration when you inevitably score against us next time out !
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 01:38:19 PM by One Foot in the Grave »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2020, 01:39:29 PM »

Disappointed... But not unexpected. He wanted another full time job. At 31 the clock is ticking a bit louder.

Upside is more game time for Mooney and Ceesay probably.

Also, we were probably paying him a fair bit so I think we should expect a couple of prospects coming in very soon.

Hope one of these will be Lundstram!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2020, 03:03:52 PM »

Inevitable I'm afraid, he lives in Shrewsbury and wants fulltime football. More money closer to home.
Thanks for what you did Elliott, big impact in short time,.. hopefully Parky will find us another little gem now  ;)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2020, 05:29:33 PM »

Like everyone, very disappointed. But he has achieved a lot for Alty in such a short time so I do not begrudge him his move and I wish him very well.

Do we get any money for him?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2020, 07:35:17 PM »

Like everyone, very disappointed. But he has achieved a lot for Alty in such a short time so I do not begrudge him his move and I wish him very well.

I suspect he was on a short term contract that expired.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2020, 07:46:28 PM »

I suspect he was on a short term contract that expired.

I suspect so in order to give him that freedom...and fair enough if that was a condition of us signing him. We still did well out of him.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2020, 08:41:04 PM »

Fair enough, 31, possibly last chance of full time football.

He did himself proud in the short stay and without doubt we wouldn't be promoted without his contribution.

I would hope no stick is directed towards him, as some ex players have been harshly treated.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2020, 09:27:11 PM »

He did himself proud in the short stay and without doubt we wouldn't be promoted without his contribution.

I would hope no stick is directed towards him, as some ex players have been harshly treated.

Absolutely this.

Short term deal, we got promoted, he gets a move to a bigger club and FT football-everyone’s a winner. Just make sure we don’t concede any pens against Wrexham next season as he’s the most assured penalty taker I’ve seen at the club in recent times.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2020, 10:24:40 PM »

Yes

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2020, 10:28:10 PM »

The worst thing you can do with Elliott is try and wind him up, because he then scores against you.

We should remember that when we play Wrexham!

altering um

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2020, 11:21:37 PM »

I think his 'impact' flattered to deceive. A goal every ten minutes or whatever - brilliant, obviously. But he'd boot the ball in the net then do nowt else (and kicking a pen. in the net isn't something anyone should be heralded for).

I'm not downplaying his contribution, and hats off to the man for it. I wish him all the best. But it was just time and place. File with Greg Wilkinson...

Ceesay for Durrell? Isn't really a question.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2020, 07:46:06 AM »

Unless anyone's watched the Conference games on BT Sport it might be easy to forget how big, strong and fit players are in that division, even if they aren't particularly more talented. Elliott had the talent in bursts, but we need a player in that position that can run for 90 minutes.

We could have given him the same football as Wrexham but probably  at a fraction of the salary. Will be interesting to see how much playing time he actually gets with them.

I thank him for his contribution to Alty's promotion and the entertainment he provided.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2020, 01:10:26 PM »

I agree with the statement about how fit and strong the players are in the National League. I also think we got through the playoffs because of our fitness over the 90 minutes. So I also think we will adapt very well to the higher league requirements. It also depends more on how well we start and gets some wins under our belt. That is something that will be very important. See what happens too with further signings but looking very good for next season.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Durrell